Feeling adventurous

Sophia noted Kale's smirk and returned it with a smirk of her own. "If only we had a way to hear them without getting too close," she mused out loud.

Kale stood, thinking...hard. "I've got it! Extendable ears! I have a pair of extendable ears from Geroge's shop." he continued to think out loud, "But we would still have to get close enough to actually have them work..." Kale scratched his head and looked at Sophia, "Do you have any clever ideas up your sleeve, Sophia?" he asked, up for anything at this moment

"I have some Befuddlement Draught. I am not sure if that will help us any though. I suppose we can simply sneak a bit closer. Do you have any ideas?"

Zoe walked towards Kale and Sophia, and overheard them trying to sneak back.
She tried to think of a way to help them. Then Zoe remembered something.
"Ooh, I have some gender fudge left. If we take it, then sneak there, even if we do get caught, we won't be recognized." She whispered to the two others.

"I think sneaking would be best...See those bushes over there?" Kale pointed at hedges and other bushes that led towards the area the others were at. "We can just crawl over there." he gave her a mischevious smile and nodded his head, wondering whether or not Sophia would agree to the plan.

"If you've got this under control Arithmos, I will return to the castle now." Professor King stated as he turned to face the castle and let out a long sigh of relief, forgetting completly about Bellatrix.

Professor Nicolas King said:
"If you've got this under control Arithmos, I will return to the castle now." Professor King stated as he turned to face the castle and let out a long sigh of relief, forgetting completly about Bellatrix.
((chicken!))

As Zoe approached them two he looked her over after her suggestion, "Hmmm...I think that would work...the only thing is Manteia is going to know it's us if he sees our Slytherin robes..." he shrugged and scratched his chin thinking. "That would be a good idea in a different situaution." as Kale spoke he noticed a figure coming towards them...with shifty eyes he looked at the girls and whispered, "You guys...Kingy is coming!"

Sophia had been considering Zoe's suggestion when Kale announced that Professor King was coming their way. Ducking down close to the ground, she stalked over to the bushes Kale had indicated, moving with catlike tread.

Zoe looked as professor King walked towards them, she didn't know what to do.
"I can't use the gender fudge, they all know what my altar ego looks like." She whispered to them before prof. king walked by.

Kale got down on all fours behind the bushes. Holding his breath as Professor King came closer and closer...

Professor King did not walk towards the castle front gate but rather the side entrance that lead to the first level, where his office was, completely missing anyone nearby, not that he cared.

As Sophia got to the bushes she hid behind them, finding an open spot in the brush to peer out through with her golden eyes.

Sophia was surprised as she watched Professor King walk in a completely different direction, but decided not to care. She turned to Kale, whispering, "where are those Extendable Ears?"

Kale was on his knees leaning forward, peering through the bushes trying to see what was happening. When Professor King walked the opposite way, he let out a deep sigh of relief, THANK GOD. he thought to himself. At Sophia's question he jumped, "They're in my room..." he said a bit let down. "Should I go get them real quick?" he asked more than willing.

((Sorry guys....but I got to get going. I'll be back in a few. >:blank:
Feel free to godmod me to do whatever you guys end up doing..Sorry again.))

Zoe ducked and ran towards Kale and Sophia, and took out some gender fudge in case they needed any.

Professor Manteia considered the plausibility of Ford's explanation, it seemed a weak explanation at best. Concern about loss of house points was a common concern of most of those involved, but there were too many inconsistencies in the reactions of the others to consider it a definitive explanation. "When you say we saw Bellatrix running through the forest, to whom exactly are you referring?", Professor Manteia asked inquisitively.

Ford cocked his head and looked straight at the professor's eyes, "By we I mean myself, who alerted the others. I told Kale and Scorpius to stay behind and watch to see if she left," Ford explained, as if surprised that his Head of House had not deduced this already.

Kale sat on his knees waiting for someone to respond.

Since no one did, he managed to crawl away from the bushed when the "coast was clear" and booked it towards the Dungeons. Running up the stairs to his room he removed his pair of extendable ears out of his chest at the end of his bed, shoving them in the pocket of his jacket and returned back to the girls within moments, "Okay...I got them!" he hissed. "Shall we crawl over?" he said with a smirk, ready to see whats going on.

Scorpius, who had crawled over to the bushes with the rest of the group, was removing his costume: mask and hat, so in case they did take gender fudge, his outfit wouldn't give him away. He waited with baited breath for Kale to return with the extendable ears and in the meantime, tried to read Ford's lips but it was too dark for him to see clearly, especially behind a bush.

Sophia looked back only for a moment to watch Kale leave, unsure as to whether or not it was the best idea. She was quite relieved when he returned without a hitch. Looking to Kale, she whispered, "how close must we be to hear them?"

As Kale rested on his knees checking out the action with Ford, Professor Manteia and the other person he couldn't make out, he looked over at Sophia thinking "Well...it depends on how loud they're speaking really..I'm thinking one of us can find a place to set one of the ears kinda close to them...and crawl away..." Kale said wondering if this attempt would work. "What do we have to lose?" he asked with a devilish smile. Looking at the others he scratche his chin, "What do you guys think?"

"We should probably get the smallest person to do that, and also eat gender fudge. We all have our haloween costumes on, and I have my other garment in my backpack." She said as she took our her girls dress.

Professor Manteia looked upon Ford with a hardened stare. "I find your story difficult to believe Mr. Harkonnen, primarily as none of the other students that were found previously indicated anything about forming a search party to locate Bellatrix. I was also curious to know whether Miss Nix here had joined you in the forest as none of your fellow Slytherins mentioned anything about her being down at the Forbidden Forest."

Professor Manteia was growing increasingly concerned about the time being wasted on this conversation and the danger that Bellatrix might find herself in if they didn't locate her soon. Without waiting for a response, Professor Manteia flourished his wand and with a silent incantation cast Homenum Revelio in hopes of quickly locating Bellatrix. (see note about spell below if unfamiliar)

A moment later, the presence of the four Slytherin students he had previously banished to the Common Room were revealed nearby. Professor Manteia wheeled around at them, his normally stern, but stoic face now completely ablaze with anger. It had been a mistake for his students to have been caught wandering in and around the Forbidden Forest at night, but now they had disobeyed a direct order from their Head of House after he had told them that the Headmistress had been notified. Professor Manteia knew one thing, these students would always remember the night that they had betrayed his trust and embarrassed him in the eyes of the Headmistress.

He pointed his wand at them threateningly and said with a deadly serious tone. "You are all to proceed directly to the Slytherin Common Room AT ONCE!", he bellowed. "I expect that the Headmistress may already be there to greet you." Professor Manteia dropped his voice to a deadly whisper, "Should you wish to remain at this school, you will do as instructed immediately and without another word or I will see to it personally that you do not disgrace the name of Slytherin again...EVER!!!"

Professor Manteia turned to the forest and entered it at almost a full run, covering the ground swiftly and more gracefully than many would likely have believed him capable of. He disappeared from view intent on finding Bellatrix quickly and returning to the Slytherin Common Room before his students felt compelled to come up with any more ridiculous explanations for their behavior this evening.

Note: (from Wikipedia)
Homenum Revelio
Description: Reveals humans in the vicinity of the caster.
Seen/Mentioned: Used multiple times by various characters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Notes: It can be used non-verbally and without a wand (by Dumbledore anyway); Dumbledore does so to detect Harry underneath his Invisibility Cloak.[13].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back