Feeling adventurous

Ford's face did not change. The only sign's of Ford's indigence were the crossing of his arms across the chest and cocking of his head to the side. Just as Ford was about to respond, the Head of House pulled out his wand and discovered Ford's house mates. He did not budge and inch during the Professor's tirade, his eyes piercing the Professor's, and were the only clue as to the raging torrents flying through Ford's heart.

"Yes, Sir," Ford spat, in a rare showing of emotion, as the Professor ran off into the Forest, he turned to the direction in which Manteia had yelled, "Let's go work on our story." He said blithely.

Kale was still kneeling on the grass as he saw Professor Manteia walk directly toward them, casting a spell which revealed where the 4 were hiding. At that, Kale's face turned white, the blood draining from his cheeks. He felt as if he couldn't breathe. He caught us! he thought, unable to do anything but stare right into the serious eyes of Professor Manteia. This can't be happening! I never get caught!

Kale stood up straight as soon as Manteia treked toward them with his harsh face. He was screaming inside.

As Professor Manteia commanded them to get to the Common Room that second, without a word Kale walked quickly towards the castle, completely terrified on what he had in store for a punishment.

Zoe sat frozen solid when the professor had caught them, yet again. she got up as quickly as she could, and sped-walked towards the castle with the others.
"Oh no, we're gonna get it now." She said looking at the others.

Professor Manteia felt confident that he would locate Bellatrix soon, he was discouraged that the "trace" had not alerted him to her location, it was unlike Bellatrix to not be using her wand and he was hoping that she had not already been found by something else in the forest. He paused on occasion and cast Homenum Revelio, knowing that if he got within a few hundred feet of her that it would likely alert him as to her presence, provided she was still alive.

Sophia froze completely as she was discovered by her Head of House. This night is turning out to be simply wonderful, she thought to herself, not moving an inch until she saw Ford walking toward her. She stood and walked toward the castle, slowly and silently, a blank expression on her face, which was white as a ghost.

Bellatrix was walking through the woods unsure of her direction now, getting slightly worried that something was out there. Or worse a Professor would find her... or a ministry official. She heard a snap of branches not realizing that she had made the sound, quickly turned and yelled. "Avada Kadavra!" causing a large green light to flash.

(technically I don't have a want anymore but beings that this started before that happened I think I still have it. Correct me if I am wrong. :D)

(You are correct, you still have your wand for the duration of this scene, but let's assume that you don't tey killing me with it because I'd have snapped it then and there and you'd never have had the opportunity to use it at The Three Broomsticks)

Professor Manteia was preparing to set off in a new direction, having not had much luck with the Homenum Revelio spell as yet, when he was notified by the Ministry's "Trace" that Bellatrix had just used another spell a short distance ahead. He quickly cast a Disillusionment Charm on himself and continued quietly through the dense forest so as not provide Bellatrix with an easy target should he stumble upon her.

Professor Manteia heard some footsteps a short distance ahead and stopped. A moment later Bellatrix came into his view approximately 20 feet ahead of him. She was a fairly easy target for him at this range and he considered a variety of spells before ultimately deciding upon one that would disarm her, but still allow her to maintain her dignity. This night had gone badly enough without incensing any of the students further. As Bellatrix moved into the open directly ahead of him, he muttered Stupefy, launching the spell in her direction.

Everything had happened so fast. Sabriel thought that she and Ford would've been able to get everything under control, and then all of a sudden everything blew up again. Not only did Professor Manteia not believe their story, but her other friends were told to go back to the Common room, which they didn't do, and got caught again. All of this happened before Sabriel could say anything to help her friends.

After the Professor blew up and told everyone to wait in the Common Room for him, Sabriel contemplated staying behind and talking to him, but before she got the chance he had already made his way into the forrest. She started to follow him into the forrest and then she stopped herself just short of the edge. That would probably be a bad idea, she thought and decided that she would just go to back to the Common room and wait for him there.

Sabriel turned around and headed back towards the castle. The others were already inside and when she took one last look at the forrest, she saw a bright red spark. I hope that Bellatrix didn't just do something really stupid, she thought to herself. Deciding that Professor Manteia could hold his own against Bellatrix if she did try something, she continued her way back into the castle toward the dungeons.

She was shot back with a quick red jet of light unsure of the source. She stared at the dense trees above her as she slowly tried to get up but the blow had knocked the wind out of her. "sh1t!" she shouted trying to find a target, holding her wand up. But her hand was shaking so much she couldn't aim and didn't bother casting a spell, in case it was to her disadvantage.

Sensing that Bellatrix was a little off-balance and still unaware of his exact location Professor Manteia decided that he would try and part her from her precious wand. In retrospect, he should have done this first, but a primal urge had taken over him momentarily and attempting to stun the girl seemed more appropriate. Professor Manteia aimed at Bellatrix again and cast Expelliarmus from his strategic position behind a pair of large trees.

Instantly her wand flew out of her hands. She lept towards it furiously searching for it thorough the mulch of the forest floor.

ooc: So far I am making this easy for you.

Professor Manteia instantly used a summoning charm on Bellatrix's wand and seized it as it approached him. As Bellatrix no longer had her wand and did not pose him any further danger, Professor Manteia ended his disillusionment charm and stepped into view. "Good evening Miss Green. My apologies for having to use magic against you. However, I feared for both my own safety and yours if you were to continue casting spells indiscriminately. As I suspect that you have already figured, Professor King and I were concerned about you and the other Slytherins being in the Forbidden Forest at night. The rest have already returned to our common room and I would like it if you would accompany me back to the castle now. I give you my word that I will return your wand to you should you do so without further incident. It is unsafe for us to be this deep in the woods at this hour and I do not want to converse further here."

Professor Manteia extended his left hand to her to help her up from the forest floor, wondering whether she would take it and utilize her better judgment. Up until this evening, Professor Manteia had been very pleased with Bellatrix's efforts in her classes and with modifying her behavior to conform to the conditions that had been placed upon her. He was not necessarily a fan of conformity, but knew that it was often a means to a more purposeful end. He was hopeful that she would be able to make further strides in her development as a witch and in controlling her emotions and abilities, something that he had experienced difficulty with already this evening.

She looked at his hand and spat at it. "Yeah right! You were dieing to use magic on me! Wanting to get me in a position of vulnerability!"

Professor Manteia sighed, it had already been a long night and he did not want to invest more time in arguing with Bellatrix at this stage. "Believe what you will about me Miss Green, but I take no pleasure in having to use magic against my own students. If I did, I certainly could have cast other spells that would have inflicted more pain and embarassment upon you. Now, will you be accompanying me or will you require me to force your return to the castle. The choice is yours." Professor Manteia looked around the darkened forest around them before adding. "And we are both vulnerable at the moment, in case you had not noticed."

As mad as Professor Manteia had been with the other students, he appeared to be genuinely concerned about Bellatrix at the moment and was doing everything possible under the circumstances to respect her dignity and not further damage their relationship. In his mind, he believed that he had always treated his students fairly, Bellatrix included. They might not appreciate that he was a difficult task master and that his expectations were higher than other adult figures in their lives, but he hoped in time that they would come to realize this simple fact and begin to act accordingly.

Professor Manteia looked at Bellatrix, making careful observations of her body language and facial expressions. He opened his mind to try and read her thoughts, attempting to understand her better and find a way to end this conflict and get them to the safety of the castle in the most timely and dignified manner possible.

He's lying, he never has cared about me! The twit, he's planning something. He has always discouraged anything I have done! I can't trust someone like that who has threatened me to leave the school and has taken forceful leadership over me! she looked at him in disgust. But then again.... we are deep in the forest.... but I can handle my self.... can't I? she thought. Still angry at him but softly said, "How can I trust you?"

Professor Manteia sensed that Bellatrix did not trust him, but recognized that she probably didn't trust anyone, perhaps not even herself at times. He appreciated the soft tone that she had used with him and similarly used a calm tone with her. "Trust is either earned or lost Miss Green. You may not like the way that I have treated you in the past, but I have been consistent and honest with you. If you have done something that I have not liked, I have told you so. Acting in a way that is consistent with your words is the basis of trust."

Professor Manteia lowered his voice even further and said with a firm, but sincere tone. "But I have never lied to you nor have I ever done anything to betray or lose your trust. I recognize that I have never had the opportunity to place trust in you and that likewise, you have never felt compelled to place much trust in me. However, I am asking you to trust me now and if you give me your word that you will not attempt to use your wand against me or anyone else this evening than I will place trust in you by returning your wand to you now. Under those conditions, will you leave the forest with me now?". Professor Manteia held her wand out between them, waiting for her to answer his question before he relinquished it.

She quickly snatched it before she answered. "Ok... but.... I still am unsure that I can trust you..." she said in a soft barely audible tone.

Professor Manteia looked at Bellatrix and stated simply. "The feeling is mutual Miss Green, but perhaps this will be a start for us both." Professor Manteia gestured in the direction that he had come from and began walking at a brisk pace through the forest. The moon was bright and provided ample light for them to navigate quickly through the trees.

As they were walking Professor Manteia casually asked a question of Bellatrix, uncertain of whether he would receive an answer or not. "Did you find what you were looking for in the forest this evening?"

Professor Manteia continued walking and responded casually. "Well, I assumed that you must have had a good reason for entering the forest this evening. Weren't you and the others looking for something?"

Professor Manteia decided to walk the rest of the way in silence. It was becoming obvious that in their rather poor attempts to be cunning, that his students didn't recognize that when the opportunity to tell the truth presented itself it was likely a wise idea to do so. Being deceitful was only an admirable trait when one was proficient enough to get away with it, otherwise you simply looked like a liar.

They emerged from the forest and onto the school grounds, leaving precious few moments for Bellatrix to add anything she felt was appropriate before they would be in the company of her fellow Slytherins. When they were only a few steps from the entrance doors to the castle Professor Manteia finally stopped and composed himself. He turned slowly and looked at Bellatrix. "Is there anything else you wish to say to me before we join the rest of your housemates?", he enquired with very little emotion in his voice.

"Yeah there is!" she snapped now that she was out of the forest she was back to her old self. "I have no intention of joining those other muggle lovers to finish their festivities." She really wanted to say, Never help me again you two faced son of a b!tch. But she decided now for the time being to hold her tongue.

Professor Manteia had grown weary of Bellatrix's lack of discipline and ability to speak civilly to him despite his best efforts to respect her and show her that he could be trusted. "An unfortunate choice of words on your part Miss Green.", he said quietly with a look of disappointment as he flourished his wand and cast Petrificus Totalus from close range. Bellatrix's arms snapped towards her body and she began to fall backwards as though she were a little tin soldier that had been tossed aside carelessly. As she fell, Professor Manteia quickly cast Mobilicorpus in order to gain control of her movement before she struck the ground.

Professor Manteia kept his wand on her as he levitated her statue-like body in front of him toward the dungeons. Bellatrix, like it or not, was going to be enjoying the festivities to come behind closed doors.

( Out of Character - My apologies for the god-modding. However, you were advised that you would be attending the meeting one way or the other. The others have waited long enough for their punishment. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back