Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Siobhan ) ( Lesbian
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Kahurangi had never in her life seen a point in wasting sunshine. In her opinion, if the weather allowed it, there was no reason not to get outdoors. So naturally, the courtyard seemed like the perfect place to set up the electives fair for the second years. What she hadn't banked on, unfortunately, was summer showers. Silly, she knew, not to consider them, but rain hadn't even been on her mind when she had picked the venue and sent out the notifications to students. Rather than fuss about cancelling and moving locations last minute, Kahurangi figured they may as well make the best of this.

So, with a bit of spellcasting, the courtyard was made impervious to rain, and everything was good to go. Kahurangi was quite proud of the rain shield hovering above them, the steady thump of raindrops on the magical ceiling making for both a soothing soundscape and interesting view. She set up tables and chairs for all her fellow electives professors, and made sure they had plenty of space to advertise their subjects before crossing to her own table. She had brought all the usual supplies; pamphlets and books filled with interesting information about runes, a couple of her favourite rune sets for giving impromptu readings to curious students, and a necklace tree hung with bind runes crafted by students from previous years. With everything arranged nicely, Kahurangi settled in behind her table and waited for a new wave of prospective students to enter the courtyard.

Hilda arrived early at the electives fair, especially not wanting to be the last to register for an option.She had dressed in her pink cardigan that she had just bought, although most of the time she didn't care how she dressed the young witch still wanted to make a good impression.
When she arrived in the meeting place she was surprised to see that there were not many people yet, so the girl decided to lean against one of the columns while waiting for more students to arrive and fill the courtyard. To pass the time Hilda watched the drops of rain elegantly trickle down on the invisible ceiling which had probably been placed there by a professor, while thinking about which lessons she would take .

Harper was excited about the prospect of getting to choose her own classes next year. She could finally focus on the subjects she was most interested in and possibly add a couple to explore new branches of magic. The only problem was she had no idea what classes to pick. She'd grown up in a muggle household, so she wasn't even sure what some of the electives options even involved. "Care of Magical Creatures" was self-explanatory, but what in the world was "Arithmancy"?

She'd been hoping to find the answers to these questions at the Electives Fair, so she arrived early. There were very few people there, and she immediately spotted Hilda, who stood out as a pink dot among all the grey of the rainy courtyard. "Hilda!" Harper rushed forward to greet her friend. "Do you know what you're taking next year?" It struck her that next year would be the first year she didn't share classes with all the other Gryffindors.

@Hildegard de Valeriane

((also if any Arithmancy/Div profs see this, Harper has questions :r))

Ronald enter at the venue for this year elective fair that all of 2nd year students was allowed to attend, Ronald dont know what happening but Professor Cyndi ask last meeting in our common room is to choose wisely to the subject that will be get for our highly year level, but Ronald confuse that how many subject that we need to choose? What subject will be choosen that we need in our future in Hogwarts and things will be good to us or next year will be so hard, Ronald want to ask what we need to know on this elective event, Ronald see Hilda and Harper the 3 Gryffindor batchmate will be so early in this event waiting for other 2nd year batch from different houses will be go in this event.

After a few minutes Hilda saw Harper appear on the other side of the court, the latter already heading towards her."Hey Harper, so ready to make your choices?" she asked, pressing her shoulder against her friend's. "I thought about it quite a bit and I was thinking about taking CMC, Divination and maybe Ancient Rune Studies" Hilda knew it wasn't necessarily going to be simple already that she sometimes had trouble with some of her classes but the subjects that were proposed seemed really interesting to her.The young girl also thought that the more she learned the more it would open doors for her for what they wanted to do later, now all that was needed was to excel in them.

@Harper Alston

Saira had a calm year so far, she’d mostly watched others cause trouble around hogwarts rather than joining in anything this year. She had other things to worry about, especially now that she found out her brother was coming home from the states. It was all a big dilemma, keeping the whole hogwarts thing a secret was much easier to do when you didn’t have to share anything with people. But her brother, unlike her parents would ask about school, all she could do now was nervously wait to go back to England.

For now, Saira’d just forget about it and think about her next year at hogwarts. So far she knew about some of the subjects she would take. She was rather glad that she wouldn’t have to take transfigurations, or history of magic. And was looking forward to care of magical creatures. Though Henri wasn’t necessarily a magical creature, she thought he was close enough for her to like the subject. Lost in thought, she barely noticed how the raindrops seemed to stop at an invisible ceiling.

Ivy was ready for the electives fair. She had prepared herself by researching all of the subjects, only dismissing Muggle Studies right away. She didn't need to learn about muggles to be an accomplished witch. But the other electives were all intriguing in their own way. It would be difficult to pick between them, and it was tempting to just pick them all. But Ivy had been advised by her father to only pick one or two, as the core subjects at Hogwarts were more important. Ivy always followed her father's advice, so she would narrow it down to just two. Ivy had a notebook and pen with her to take notes on every subject so she could compare later. She approached the Ancient Runes table first, grabbing a small stack of pamphlets for later research. She then looked at Professor Josephs, who she knew was the head of Ravenclaw house. "Could you tell me the most important applications of runes?" Ivy said, grabbing her notebook and pen to note down her answer.

@Professor Kahurangi Josephs

As ever the courtyard seemed to quickly be flooding with second years, and Kahurangi gave one of them a warm smile as the girl approached her. "Well, that depends on what's important to you." She answered cheerfully. "Runes have a variety of applications in different aspects of magic. They can be used to strengthen warding spells on buildings, or enchantments on enchanted objects. They can be used to assist in divining the future, or translating ancient writings. What matters really, is which uses are important to you." She smiled. "If you like, I can do a reading for you, or explain one of the pendants made by my older students, so you can get more of an insight into the subject."
@Ivy Ashworth

Harper smiled as Hilda bumped her shoulder. "Not really," she admitted. "I'm not even sure I know what half the elective options are." And that was only part of the problem. She also had to figure out if she was dropping any of her current classes. Currently she liked most of her classes; she wanted to learn all the spells she could. But she was also wary of overloading her course schedule.

"I was also thinking of taking CMC and Divination!" Harper said excitedly. She hadn't officially decided, but the fact that Hilda was also taking them definitely made her more eager to add them to her list. "Why Ancient Runes?" That was one of the classes she didn't know much about, but the idea of studying a bunch of runic symbols didn't sound particularly exciting to her.

@Hildegard de Valeriane

Yvonne couldn't shake the nerves that seemed to cling to her as she came down from the Divination tower to the Elective's fair. She had hardly spend any time at the school and was worried she might not be able to answer all their questions but if there was a chance to get students excited about divination she would do it gladly. She arrived to the courtyard and was impressed with Professor Joseph's charm. She stood there for a moment taking it in before waving at the other woman and smiling as she greeted her. There were a handful of students milling about and she wasn't sure where to start until she spotted the divination table and graciously took a seat as she waited for curious students to ask their questions.

Briar made her way to the courtyard. She was running late as she had forgotten that she was meant to attend the Fair today. She had quickly apparated from the ministry brightstone and then run up towards the castle stopping near her 'classroom' to pick up a few of the creatures. She set the cages hovering beside her as she made her was to the desk that had clearly been set out for them.
She didn't like putting animals in cages it made her feel claustrophobic. being trapped in was one of her biggest fears after the fear of anything happening to her family. especially something she was responsible for. but for this, it was the best option. most of the creatures were from her sisters class as those learned about in hers were generally to big, unpredictable or dangerous for a crowded courtyard. She quickly set things up noting the collection of students starting to gather. a niffler in a cage that had been triple-locked by magic so as not to let the creature out and cause chaos, a cage containing doxies and pixies, a silenced fwooper on a stand She also had some pictures of the other creatures studied that the spread out haphazardly on the desk before looking around to see what else was going on.

Liusaidh wasn't sure why she'd bothered to come to the electives fair, after all, she didn't need the electives fair. Not at all. She wasn't intending to pick any since what was the point, they'd just be more work that she was unwilling to do and they would count for nothing once she left school. But liusaidh had come along anyway. She skipped into the courtyard and glanced around, eventually spotting Saira in the crowd and deciding that she might as well talk to her. "Hey Saira!" she said, "What are ye thinking ae takin'?"
@Saira Lykims

Adding on another class on top of what he already had to worry about was not something he was a big fan of. He had almost considered not even bothering to show up, not like he had any questions he wanted to ask. It was only when he found out it was mandatory and he had to show up unless he wanted to get told off which finally made him show his face. Though, he didn't look in the least bit interested in anything, wrinkling his nose up as he shoved his hand in his pockets. "Do you think I can only take one?" He ended up asking aloud to no one in particular. One was enough for him.

"It's normal not to know what you want to do if you don't know half of the options. I can start explaining to you and then we can go see the professors in charge so that they enlighten you on the subject" she said as she lifted herself off the column.

"Really?!"
Hilda was pleasantly surprised when her friend told her that she was thinking of taking the same subjects, it was not every day that you met someone with the same interests as oneself.
"Really now that you ask I don't really know why, probably because my mom studied them for a while but hey I'm here to make my choices so ... I might as well be content with things that I like" she said, answering Harper's question with a small smile, thinking that it was useless to try to impress her mother who, sincerely, would not see the difference.
"Well, which table do you want us to start with? I think I just saw Professor Dubois and Professor R-C arrive" the young witch added while scanning the courtyard, she had never met them personally but only saw them at the meal and sometimes in the corridors of the castle.

@Harper Alston

Professor Kingsley was running late. The rain had put a damper on her mood and was making her move slower. That's what she was blaming things on anyway. Entering the courtyard, the professor was happy to spend some time outdoors but still be dry. She walked through the crowd of second years until she reached the runes table. Kahurangi had the table mostly set so the woman only added a set of wooden runes as well as her own pouch in the event she needed to jump in and do a reading. "Thanks" she whispered to her colleague before looking around to see if she could help with anything. She was happy to see quite a few Gryffindors moving about.

Brooke wrinkled her nose when she found out the Electives fair was happening outside. She was more impressed when she saw the magical shield lingering above the courtyard though, glad someone who'd set it up knew some more impressive magic, though it still smacked of some poor planning. Brushing her hair behind her ears, Brooke made a beeline for Ivy when she spotted her in the crowd, casting only a brief glance at some of the surrounding tables. "Oh, you haven't decided on your subjects yet, Ivy?" She asked sweetly, glancing at Ivy's notebook once she was done speaking to Professor Josephs. "I'd already planned out all my classes since first year, so I assumed you'd be prepared too," She said, unable to resist poking Ivy a bit about it. In truth her parents had picked all her subjects for her, but Brooke wasn't going to complain about it. She could take whatever they'd chosen and she'd get straight O's while doing it. @Ivy Ashworth

Sawyer couldn't believe it was already time to start picking electives for next year. Truth be told he was kind of excited about it, if only for the chance to see some new stuff in class. There were a few subjects he already knew he wasn't going to go anywhere near, like Arithmancy, but some he'd already asked Theia about just to get a good read on things.

Browsing the tables, Sawyer huffed in amusement when he heard Flynn North make an off-hand comment. He could definitely get behind that level of course load himself too. "I heard muggle studies is an easy one if you don't mind spending a semester learning about pencils," He said casually, standing on his tiptoes to see past a few of their taller classmates to check a nearby table set up. @Flynn North

Delilah couldn't believe how late she was. She had meant to be at the electives fair right when it started and instead found herself amongst a handful of students and professors all milling around. She spotted Ivy and Brooke and joined them as she straighten out her hair and tucked it behind her ears. "And what classes are those?" she asked, slightly breathless as she noticed the charm blocking the rain for the first time. @Brooke Townsend @Ivy Ashworth

"That would be a good start," Harper said, smiling gratefully. No matter how well she did in her classes, she always felt like she was behind, like she was improvising in a world where everyone else had access to a secret script. She wouldn't be surprised if some of her peers with magical families had entered Hogwarts already knowing which electives they would end up taking. Thankfully she'd found a group of friends who didn't mind answering her dumb questions about the magical world and more importantly, never made her feel dumb for asking them.

Harper nodded. "Yeah, I was thinking of taking those two and maybe Arithmancy, depending on how similar it is to maths." That was one muggle subject she missed. She listened as Hilda explained that her mum had studied Ancient Runes, and Harper was suddenly glad she hadn't mentioned her thoughts on the subject out loud. "You're the one who has to sit through the classes, so you might as well choose ones you'll like," she agreed.

Harper didn't know the two professors Hilda named, but she could figure out what subjects they taught. "Let's start with Divination, but we're definitely petting that cute magical platypus before the fair's over," she said, referring to the niffler. She walked over to the Divination booth, where a professor she'd never seen before today stood. "Excuse me, I had a question. How accurate are divination predictions?" She was nothing if not straightforward. And she figured magical predictions couldn't be a hundred percent accurate since that would mean it was possible to know the future, and even in a world where magic existed, that seemed impossible.

@Hildegard de Valeriane @Professor Yvonne Dubois

Yvonne was having a good time watching the students milling around and she hardly noticed when a student approached her to ask a question. "Well that really is the million dollar question isn't it." she said with a light laugh and leaned back in her chair. The girl wasn't the first person to question the accuracy of the subject and was far from the last. "Accuracy is something that comes with practice and it's important to realize that the future is always changing." she explained and it was true and she always tried to explain to the people that came to her for readings that when it came to knowing the future there was never any kind of certainty that could be promised. "But it's important to note that Divination is not only the study of predicting the future but there is a lot of work that focuses on knowing yourself and your motivations." she added. @Harper Alston

Saira paused her thoughts as she saw Liusaidh approach her. "Oh, hey Liusaidh." She greeted her friend. "I was thinking of taking care of magical creatures. I'm not really interested in the others. They seem kind of..." She trailed off, not having an exact word to describe them. "You?" She redirected the question.

@Liusaidh Fergusson

Lillith had hoped there would be a snacks table at the fair, but couldn’t find it if there was one. She had no plans for electives, and she didn't want to do any more work, but at the same time, she wasn't doing much work now. The young Hufflepuff looked around the fair, and saw Harper, but she seemed to be asking some serious questions and decided to leave her be.

Liusaidh looked towards the care of magical creatures stand and frowned a little..she wasn't sure that would be a good idea. "Ah dunno, feeling like anythin' that's no muggle studies would be good," Maybe care of magical creatures with Saira would be quite fun...or just better than the rest. "Maybe ah'll just take care ae magical creatures wae ye," she then said. She couldn't really imagine herself doing more even if she was supposed to. She didn't want to. "Ah bet, after muggle studies, Arithmancy has tae be the worst....,"
@Saira Lykims

The fact that they were already this close to having to pick electives had gotten Ana Sofia a bit nervous. She didn't have a plan, didn't feel like she was actually good at any of her classes. She knew Rose had it all figured out, although she was pretty sure her friend would want to do nothing else but herbology for the remainder of their time at the school. Unsure about it all Ana made her way to the courtyard, wandering inbetween the tables and glancing at every one of them as she passed it. There was one table in specific that caught her eye though and she immediately grew excited, even if she wanted to mentally slap herself for not even having thought about the subject. Especially since it might actually be something she could be good at, with everything she had learned from her dad through the year. "Hi." Ana smiled at the professor after she had skipped over to the care of magical creatures table, happily observing the pretty bird on the stand. "That's a fwooper, right? It's so pretty." She said, her mood immediately lifted now that she figured there was at least one class she was sure she wanted to take. "What bigger creatures would we learn about?" She asked curiously. If there was anything Ana definitely wasn't it would be brave, but she figured cute, small creatures weren't all they would learn about so she might as well prepare herself right away.

@Professor Briar Rowan-Cullen

Tilly was sullen since the very public fight with Seraphina, and had kept mostly to herself. She groaned when she realized the Electives Fair was mandatory. The Hufflepuff girl trudged her way down to the courtyard. When she picked out a familiar face in the crowd, she decided to approach her, as she couldn't exactly hide out in the sea of students. "Hey, Lillith," she said, her voice less cheery than usual, "do you know which electives you're taking?"

@Lillith Montgomery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back