Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hiya guys and gals! It's time for another BWU, and I'm the person tasked with writing this one. Do you have a snack? I'll wait while you grab one. :p
School News!

We are now in the break/revision week (as of tomorrow). :o
Professors, all lessons should be posted, a makeup section area should exist, and you should be catching up on grading. Please try to keep up with grading. It's especially important as we head towards the end of the year to ensure that the right students are named as the winners for their house!
Thank you for all of your hard work this semester!

Students, here's your last chance to finish up lessons. Earn those house points! Gryffindors, I'm looking at you. :glare:

OWL and NEWT professors: Please consider posting your exams a few days early to allow students the opportunity to complete them on time.
All exams should be posted on Monday, February 27!

More school news!!

It's almost graduation time! :party: If you have a 7th year, you have a message waiting for you from your Head of House. Please answer it. :)

(Graduating) quidditch captains should also be sure to check out the discussion in the captain's area. Thank you!

Even more school news!!!

We've chosen a Headperson! ^_^ We received six applications for the position of Headmaster, and we'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who applied for the time and effort towards their application. It wasn't an easy decision.

In the end, we decided to go with Jesse's character, Katherine Alicastell. She will take over as Headmistress of HNZ during Y28. In order to avoid confusion, we won't be putting the character into the Headperson group until Y27 closes out. In the meantime, we are working with Jesse to get things going for Y28. I do want to give a big thank you to Donna, who roleplayed the Headmistress for quite some time, as we prepare to move forward with someone new.

Congratulations, Jesse! :party:

Dueling Tournament: Results

The dueling tournament has finished and the winners are as follows:

Bethany Zanders - 3rd Year
Charlotte Owens - 4th Year
Asher Summers - 5th Year
Dina Stanley - 6th Year
Ailsa Evans - 7th Year

You can see all of the results [member]here[member]
Congratulations to all of the winners. House points have been awarded to all participants.

Please don't forget that duels can take place at any time so long as there is an official to monitor and they take place in the duelling chamber. Adults can duel at any time as well. :r

Anonymous Compliments

On Tuesday, we celebrated Valentine's Day with Anonymous Compliments. The messages were lovely! If you haven't checked it out, you should! All compliments were PMed as of Thursday. ^_^

A big thank you to everyone who took part in this wonderful event! [member]Check it out![member]

Valentine's Werewolf

The game is over, and the werewolves have demolished the town. :(
A big thank you to Teigan for hosting the game.
It was awesome to see so many people sign up to play. I hope that happens for the next game too! ^_^

If you haven't had the opportunity, check out the game [member]here[member]

Applications

As of right now, we are up to date with applications, so if you've applied for something prior to today, you do have a response waiting for you.

In order to give our full attention to sorting and start of year stuff, we will be closing applications on Sunday, February 26. As usual, applications will remain closed until sorting closes. You've been warned. ;)

Shopkeeper applications

There are currently [member]three shop applications[member] up and running for the following shops:

1. Dervish & Banges
2. Gladrags Wizardwear
3. Eeylops Owl Emporium

Why not apply for one?​
[ul][li]Shadowfeet
Matthew Harper shares a big secret with his friend, and hatches a plan.

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30145202/1/#new Sisters and Secrets</LI>

[li]Missing Your Company
Two friends attempt to play catch-up with each other's lives.

[li]That Pride 2043!
Orwell Brocken hosts his last Pride event as leader of The Wild Patch Club!
Come get a flower crown and learn all about this event! It's an Open RP! :frantics:

Other RPs in this Plot:
All of the past Pride events hosted by The WPC!

[li]Fooling Myself
Saveli reveals to her foster father that her father has been in touch. :o

Additional Information: Bring tissues :cry:

Don't forget that you don't only have to highlight your own plots! You are more than welcome to highlight a plot that you've been reading and think everyone should read as well! :)[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Graduation!
[li]End of Year feast
<LI>[li]Exams!! x_x
[/li][/ul]That was a good amount of information, right? Let me know what you think!

Until next time,

Cyndi
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for the update!!! So much to look forward to!

Thanks for the update! Everything is so exciting!! :frantics: Congrats to Jesse for the Head position!! :party:

Time is flying :o

Congratulations on Headmistress Jesse!! :party:

Was that a hint about the duelling chamber? :r I think Monty and Wren need a rematch, to be honest.

Thank you for the update, Cyndi!! :hug:

Congrats on getting headmistress, Jesse!
Thanks for posting this update Cyndi! :D

Congrats Jesse! :party:

Thanks for the usually amazing update Cyndi! :hug:

Thanks everyone :wub:
I'm looking forward to the new IC year :woot: :party:

Thanks for the update! Congrats Jesse so much fun! Wish you best of luck and fun! I can't wait for Accio and sortingggg.

Posting again bcause I forgot to congratulate Jesse in my excitement about the update :r so: Congrats Jesse!! :lol: :lol:

Congrats Jesse!

And thanks for the update, super looking forward to Gryffindor remaining in last place in the house cup :r

Stefan Archer said:
Congrats Jesse!

And thanks for the update, super looking forward to Gryffindor remaining in last place in the house cup :r
Omg Emzies stop it! Next year we will be back :shifty:

No way, next year there will finally be some Hufflepuff glory :shifty: Seriously they've won like 3 times in total, it's time

Thanks for the update Cyndi!!! Congrats Jesse!!

Thanks for the updates and congrats to the graduating students!

Yay, congrats Jesse!
Thanks for the update Cyndicat!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back