Medea Blackthorne

OOC First Name
Hannah
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Aspen, 11 1/2 inches, unyielding, Thestral tail hair core - moonstone pommel
Hello, everyone!

As a heads up, I am entirely new in terms of not only my character, but to role playing as well. So yep, about as nooby as they come on this site! But I am eager to get involved, and really excited to meet a whole new group of people. This is an area of the online culture I've been wanting to explore for a while now, and this RP in particular was at the recommendation of a redditor on r/harrypotter, so here I am :D

So a brief bit about me: my name is Hannah, and I'm from Scotland. I started reading Harry Potter when I was in primary school, so... ooooh give or take 12 or 13 years ago, and it's been a huge part of my life ever since. (I'm sure that's not an unusual story around these parts). I love reading, and I love writing - even if nothing springs to mind half of the time when I sit down and give it a bash - and I spent 40+ hours a week cooped up in the bowels of my local hospital. Seriously. My department is a room within a room, and daylight is thing meant only for dreams and lunchtime.

Hopefully this won't affect my ability to RP, but given that there are people all over the world in the community, I assume there will probably always be somebody around, right?

It's currently 6.45am and I have been on this site since around 12.30am reading up on the rules, RPing conduct, character creation and development etc. (by the way, here's my character development post, please ignore the shameless plug). I have to say, major kudos to the admins and mods who created and maintain this site. This is seriously comprehensive, and it must have taken an insane amount of time and effort. I tip my hat to every single one of them.

Anyway, aside from the incessant chatter, I'm just kinda here to introduce myself and say a big hello. Hope to see you all at Hogwarts!

So fantastic to meet you Hannah! Dont worry about being a noob - we'll be here to help you along the way and most of us won't even charge :r

My name is Cole and I've been around for way too long! I love to plot with everyone and have some unsorteds myself (in fact I saw you stalking one of my biosearlier :r) So if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I'm sure you've already done so, but if you have any questions on rules and such you can always visit out Site Documentation first, and if there is anything a member can't answer for you or if you have a lot of questions you can check with our lovely admin and GMs Here!

I can't wait to see the creative things you do here and I can't wait to plot with you!!

-Cole

Hello Hannah!

Welcome on HNZ! My name is Jamie and i've been a here for a while now. I just wanted to welcome you and I would love to plot with your character Medea. Here i've got a short description of my two girls that are going to be sorted the next school year. I'm always open for new RP'S so I would love it to start with you. If you have a question, you can always ask but I'm not sure if I can answer everything haha.

Have fun here! And I'm sure you will enjoy this. ;)

Hello Hannah :hug:

My name is Kaye and I'm glad that you've decided to join us! Harry Potter is definitely a big part of everyone's lives on here and we all come from all over the world so there will definitely be someone to talk to if you're feeling lonely (even though most of the time we're all on skype). The community here is lovely and I think you've found somewhere that will really help you in regards to learning how to write. This site has helped me a lot with that and I'm sure it will with you too. Lucky for you, sorting will start after a few more weeks so you've joined at a pretty good time!

Anyway, it's good to see you and I can't wait to plot and RP with you in the future!

-Kaye.

Hello and welcome, Hannah!! :party: :hug:

It's really great to have you. I think you've spent longer reading the rules than I have :r buut if you need any help, have any questions, or would just like to plot/RP, feel free to drop me a PM!!

See you around, I hope! /Off to stalk your development

Omg yass another Scottish person!

I'm Emzies, also from Scotland :hug:
Welcome to our little part of the internet. If you have any questions feel free to message me with them!

Hi Hannah!
Welcome to HNZ. I'm Cyndi, one of the admin, and I'm glad you've found our little piece of the internet. It's awesome that we're being recommended. ^_^ Thanks for taking some time to read all of the rules and stuff. If you have any questions, feel free to send them my way. I hope to see you around. :)

Hey!
Also welcome. I'm Jesse, the cool one. :cool:
I'm surprised to hear you heard about us on reddit, it's always interesting to find out how new members found the site. It's a great community of people here, so hopefully you stick around ^_^

Noooo not another Scottish person. :r

Hi Hannah I'm Dan, I'm from England hence the Scotland bashing, buts it's all in good humour, just ask Emzies. Yoy managed to read the rules and post a development all before saying hello, it took me years to do those things :tut:

I've been here about six years now, though some struggle to believe that. I hope you enjoy finding your way arouns the site and I must say you've joined at a good time because sorting is just around the corner and that's wjen the site goes nuts. If you ever feel like rping just drop me a chat or as Kaye said we're all mostly on Skype so...I recommend that.

Hope you enjoy it here, it's kind of awesone.

I went offline at precisely the wrong time, it would seem!

Hello to all of you, and thank you for the very warm welcome :) I can already tell this is a wonderful community, just from reading through some of the current forums and closed ones. Everyone seems to understand the basic etiquette of don't be a ****, so my future on this site is certainly looking up already! ;) (also not too sure on the rules of...eh, bad language haha so asterisks will just have to do the trick for now)

To everyone who mentioned plotting/RP, the idea is a very welcome one as I would love to get a bit of RP practice in and familiarise myself with the rhythm that is generally adopted here. I know that several sites have different ways of doing things, and I did read over the guide here but practice always makes perfect! Also I am a scheming Slytherin at heart, and my heart sings a song of plot[sup]plot[sup]plot[/sup][/sup]

Emzies, we shall build an army of Scottish people, and with it we shall rule every common room in the castle. None shall escape the effects of our obnoxious accents, and Dan especially shall be...gently encouraged...yeah that sounds non threatening. Dan shall be carefully coaxed into learning every single word of Flower o' Scotland even though 90% of us only know the heckling version.

It will be greater than even the famed Weasley War of generations gone. They will sing songs of our fabulous enchanted bagpipes, charmed to play Top 40 pop songs continuously throughout meal times, how we mysteriously managed to fill the headmaster's office with "live haggis" that had a strange habit of stealing socks. It will be glorious.

I am, of course, joking, Dan. The most I'll do is maybe obnoxiously sing Dundee FC footy chants through the chat from time to time. :wub:

To be honest, I was kind of in a mindset of "aaaahh naaaaahhh" when I saw how far away sorting was, but really it's a great opportunity to get to know people outside of jumping straight into first year, and as I say, developing some half-acceptable RPing skills. I tend to come from...shall we say, a darker side of the net haha i.e. my referral from reddit. Probably not somewhere you'd expect to host HP RP threads, but there's a whole subreddit dedicated to it. I'll really need to dial back my usual standards of what is acceptable to say and what isn't, due to normally being in an online environment mostly consisting of teenagers and meme-loving f****, as they are affectionately called within their own circles. So seriously, if I say or do anything that may be bordering on stepping over the line, please do call me out on it - I really don't want to be that person that spoils someone else's fun.

And on that, well, rather depressing note haha I'm going to end this ridiculously long response.

Welcome to HNZ Hannah!
My name is Lauren and I've been here for just over a year now and I love it here. The community is so great, it really enhances your experience on the site. I have a number of characters on here (although not as many as some others :r ) and an unsorted just like yourself so I hope we can RP sometime ^_^

Hello there! Thanks for the welcome :) I saw you posting with Rufus around the site today, and I think he's got some really interesting personality traits! I'm all for a RP session whenever, so if you're up for it then just let me know :D

This is the only character I think I'll have for quite so time haha while Medea can be nice and organised when she wants to be, I unfortunately do not share that trait. Seriously. I'm getting a headache just thinking about setting up another profile, and this one isn't even near well rounded yet. *shudders* I salute any and all members of this site who can successfully manage three or more characters at once.

Welcome to HNZ Hannah!

When I first started I was as n00b as noobs came. But we all gotta start somewhere right?! I'm impressed you've already done the development and all that stuff!
And some people here have a ridiculous amount of characters and I totally second your salute :p

Thank you! And you are quite right, I just like to give everyone a spot of forewarning before I make an erroneous faux pas. Maybe, on such an occassion, I'll be let off with a lighter sentence :p

I didn't realise that development etc. was something that came later, I was like "oh nooo I can't join this site with nothing to show, I'll be laughed all the way out the forums!".

As you say, we all have to pay our tithe to the noob guardians haha

Bro. Normally I don't reply to Welcome Centre posts because I'm a recluse, but I still read them and now I'm forced to respond because you're a complete badass and I need to give you a fistbump.

Hey, I'm KR btw xD I'm sick as a dog atm so I'm going to be as useless as a chocolate teapot in helping you get around the site, but you've just been inundated by willing subordinates so I think you'll be fine ;)

I'm from Brisbane, I'm twenty-three and I've been on HNZ for seven years now. G'day!

Oh wow, a Scot, more people to bash :r

I'm a South of England kind of guy so when I'm not bashing the north of England against Dan, I'm bashing Scotland instead :r As he said though, it's all joking unless you actually believe Scotland to be better :r

Otherwise though, hello! I'm James, and I'm happy to help in any way I can, although I suspect my usefulness is further down the useful-scale than some other people xD If you want to plot with me, do drop a pm or skype message; just be warned that people often think I only have one character because my other few don't seem to be used much :r They are there though, so ask about them if you want :p

James

Hello KR, thanks for emerging and saying hi haha! Sorry to hear you're not feeling great, but as you say - so many subordinates. The possibilities are endless... ;)

Hi James, yeah don't worry it's all just a bit of banter, and let's be honest - it's practically traditional that we bash each other a little haha!

I would love to plot at some point, I'll make sure and send you a PM soon :)

Welcome to HNZ! I am Lovi, and I've been here for awhile. More than 2 years. I just started college, so I will be a bit absent, but you can always message me for questions and plots!

Hey Lovi! Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it at some point! how's college going?

Hey Hannah! :hug:

I'm Annaleise and I've been on the site for just over five years. Not good at the introductions thing, so excuse that but I do want to tell you that love Medea as a character so far! Her development is super interesting (Plus Emeraude Toubia is my fav :wub: ) I have an upcoming firstie myself so I'm totally keen to roleplay with you before sorting!

Hey there, nice to meet you! Thank you :wub: I was worried I hadn't really developed her enough to be honest. and Emeraude Toubia kicks ass, we can all agree on that haha

I would love to get some more RP in, firsties unite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back