Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Zennon had been planning on spending most of his time at school, and though that was still true, he’d made the decision to spend a couple of days at home first, mostly because he needed to get some things off his chest and there was only one way he could do that all at once without risking it all going wrong. After what had happened with Elsie, Zennon was maybe a little bit hesitant to try it again, but he had mostly written down what he was going to say to them and this would hopefully go better if they were all together. Maybe Christmas wasn’t the absolute best time, but with most of the family home, and only Azelea and Lukas out and about, he would have enough time to talk to all of them, he thought and hopefully the addition of everyone together would help him to not feel like he was going to be screamed at again. After talking to Pendleton and even to Jake, he was honestly feeling a lot better about everything and he needed to know he had told his family too, he couldn’t allow it to go on any longer than it already had. It had been too much omitting of truth already and even though no one had come out and asked him, after all, why would they, that didn’t mean he felt okay about lying to them all. So he’d asked all of them to gather in the living room so he could get this all out in one go.​

Looking at them all as they watched him curiously, Zennon could feel the panic starting to settle in. It wasn’t until he suddenly felt his mother gripping his arm tightly that he’d even noticed her move to stand in front of him. He was being stupid, he knew that, but even still after everything his Dad had gone through, all the problems that they now faced as a family, he couldn’t help but feel that his concerns were petty. He worried that they would all think him foolish or stupid for agonising over this so much. It was different at school, even after that whole revolution thing, which Zennon still felt the weight of, it was like he was lumping his family all in one category with them, which simply wasn’t true and apart from his mishap with Elsie, who was now resolutely refusing to look at him, he really had no reason to fear what their reactions might be. “I’m okay,” he told his Mum as she moved to sit back on the couch with the rest of the family. Well, here goes nothing. “Mum, Dad, Elsie, Grace, Isaak, Rowan, I’ve been lying to all of you,” he said, biting his lip. “I’ve been hiding the truth and I’m sorry about that but I was so lost and confused I didn’t know what to do…” he almost felt like he was coming out to them, which he supposed in a way he was. “I… I can talk to snakes.” He finally admitted, watching them hesitantly.​

Last edited:
Isaak Baros was more than ready to graduate from Ilvermorny. This was his second to last holiday where he would spend at home before he would end up playing Quidditch professionally. While he would make an excellent dancer, Isaak took after his uncle Keyne Baros with Quidditch. As soon as he heard that everyone needed to go to the living room for some sort of announcement, Isaak groaned and gathered his book and homework up to move it to the living room. He had the NEWTs to worry about, even if he was going to play Quidditch for his life, he felt like he needed a back up option. Isaak went and sat down on the couch. It was Zennon's announcement. He heard it, and he looked down. A Parselmouth, in the family? He looked to his dad, to see what he would say. He heard nothing but bad tales about those that spoke Parseltongue. They turned out to be dark wizards and witches. Isaak said absolutely nothing, since he was taught if one didn't have something nice to say, not say anything at all.

Last edited:
Grace sat down on her father's lap, with a small bowl of pudding in her hands. It was chocolate, and this was her dessert for finishing her dinner. She just turned nine recently, and could not wait until she could go to school like her siblings. She was the last Baros, and she wanted to make them proud. Zennon announced what he brought everyone that lived here for a reason, and then said that reason. Grace beamed, before shouting, "That is the most awesomest thing ever!" Grace dropped her bowl of pudding as a result of it. She did not know the proper term for what Zennon was, but the sheer fact that he could talk to snakes was so cool. Talking to any sort of animal was the best thing. She ignored the reactions of the others, and stared in awe at her older brother.

Wyatt Baros had Grace on his lap, with his wife on the couch waiting on Zennon to talk to them. He noticed that his son had been a little distant with certain things, especially when Wyatt had his injury where he no longer danced. Wyatt did find another way to pursue his passion even in his position. He listened to what Zennon had to say, and how he could talk to snakes. He glanced over toward his wife, Nadine. Nadine appeared to be in shock, though he was positive that no one in the Baros line had the ability to speak with snakes, so it could have come from the Toralba side. Nadine finally smiled graciously, "Now, I see. Honey, what do you think?" Nadine had her attention on her husband. Wyatt started to chuckle, "Well now. It all makes so much sense. Son, you shouldn't have felt embarrassed, lost or confused over that." He glanced at his wife, who nodded in agreement. "We had a hunch. I am very glad you came to us about it. If you ever felt confused about anything, you know your mom and I won't judge you. I hope you learn to hone that gift if yours." Nadine took out her wand and waved the mess up that Grace had made.

Rowan looked at Zennon as he spoke. She was a bit confused to be honest. She knew he’d been keeping a secret, but this? She looked at both of her parents wondering if either of them had suspected. The only thing she knew about the snake ability was that it was inherent and that dark wizards had it, or at least the only ones she heard about were dark wizards. What did that mean for Zennon. “Dad?” But he seemed to think it was okay, so perhaps that didn’t mean Zennon was about to turn and he’d all of them, not that she really thought that since she loved her brother and she didn’t believe he would actually try to hurt them at all. Last she knew he wanted to be a healer, was that still his goal? She looked at Elsie who appeared to be in shock, she realised that maybe this is what the fight they’d had was about, she didn’t think they’d ever had the chance to resolve that either so maybe that meant Elsie was realising what she’d done to Zennon since he seemed so nervous about all of it. Poor Zennon. “Is that how you knew I stole your favourite pillow?” She asked. His pet snakes were in his room and probably would have seen her!

Elsie was confused. Zennon was a parselmouth? How was that even possible? She didn’t know anyone in their family who could speak parseltongue or though given the connotations she supposed she could understand why they wouldn’t know. This was horrible! All those things she had said to Zennon! It all made so much sense now! She but her lip and shook her head. She could definitely understand why he didn’t want to tell her but she wished he would have and then she wouldn’t have treated him so horribly. Her parents didn’t know what she’d said, but she just knew they would scold her for it since they would tell her that she should love her brother despite his faults and she did try, she just thought he’d been trying to hurt her. She couldn’t stop the tears that sprang to her eyes as she looked at Zennon, but couldn’t bring herself to say or do anything. She just wanted to cry. She couldn’t believe what she’d said.

Zennon almost couldn't believe he'd said it out loud, but there it was and he watched the reactions of his family closely, wanting desperately to be understood, for them to understand why he hadn't told them. He spotted Izaak first, noting his brother said nothing, and didn't seem to react outwardly in any way. He wasn't sure what to make of that, but the fact he at least hadn't said anything might have been a good thing, but he couldn't tell, since he had never been particularly close to Izaak. His grace shifted to Grace as she dropped her bowl and declared how cool it was. Zennon wasn't sure what to think about that, but he smiled slightly at his youngest sister, not moving from where he was. The reactions from his parents bought a tear to his eye and he laughed along with Rowan, but it was Elsie who concerned him the most. He was surprised to see the look of horror on her face when he'd revealed the truth and she almost looked like she was about to jump out of her seat and run to him, only she didn't and Zennon wasn't sure he knew what to do from this point. "I'm sorry it took so long for me to tell you guys, I just... didn't know how." He finally admitted, shaking his head.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back