Y43 End of Year Feast

Nolan wasn't too sure if he was looking forward to break or not. Though he was a little sad he wasn't going to see his school friends for a bit. Nolan however, wasn't really paying attention to what was being said at the feast. Only clapping when everyone else was clapping and zoning in and out. He sighed in relief when he noticed that the food had finally appeared on the table, which meant that the headmaster's speech was finally over. He waited until everyone around him got their share of the before, before getting his own food and dug in.

The year had gone by so fast, Molly couldn't believe it. Before she knew it, it wouldn't be long until her brother was going to graduate next year. Molly listened as much as she could but sometimes zoned out from the speech, as some of the things that the headmaster was saying were pretty boring. Though she cheered and clapped for people when it was appropriate to. She was excited for break but she was sure going to miss her school friends. Molly quickly grabbed the food around her as soon as the food had appeared.

Abby's school year had been alright. She was steady on her schoolwork and had good friends. She couldn't wait to go home. She always missed her family whenever she went to school and couldn't wait to see her family and friends during the break. Abby cheered and clapped politely for everyone. It wasn't long before the food appeared on the table and she began to dig into the food. She turned towards her friend. "Hey, what are your plans for the break? Anything you're looking forward to?" Abby asked Rosie, as she began to take some food.

@Rosie Archer

Josh always dreaded the feast events. They were always so boring and it was always the same thing being said. He didn't see much point in these feasts. He didn't pay attention to the speech at all, rather focusing on looking around the great hall, thinking it was rather more interesting than the speech. He let out a loud sigh of relief when the food had arrived. Not wasting any time as his had quickly reached for the food. "Finally"

Conan honestly wasn't too sure what to think about these feasts. Some of the things being said were always quite repeative and it had gotten boring real quick. But he made sure to listen to what was being said. Clapping and cheering when he was supposed to. He then cheered when the food had arrived, quickly wasting no time in grabbing all the yummy food.

Aurora glanced towards Louis and flashed a little smile and nodded. "I should be able to, or I just ask my aunt Lydia," since she knew that her aunt, who had been on quidditch teams would be the person to help her find a space to practice. She glanced fondly at Isaiah as he chimed in, knowing that she would miss him from the team, but partly because she still had a bit of a crush on him. "Next year will be our year," she agreed.
@Louis Alcott @Isaiah Thompson

Rosie filled her plate with food, zoning out of her sister's conversation about quidditch and was able to instead speak to Abby. "No firm plans, probably just tend to the garden and spend time with my mum," she said. "You?" Rosie returned the question.
@Abigail Payne

June was ready for the ending of her first year. The time really had flew by, because she was having so much fun. Exams were done and she had done brilliant. June had the highest grades you could get so she was really pleased and figured she would send her father an letter soon to let him know she was not a failure just like the rest of her siblings. And that he was right to put his trust in her.

She made her way to the Slytherin table and sat next to her friend Tempest. And listened as the headmaster started with his speech. She cheered happily as they heard Slytherin won. And smiled bright over to the other tables. Obviously Slytherin was the best house to be in. As he mentioned the students who's hard work could not be forgotten. June was ready to stand up. Obviously he ment her? If anyone had worked hard it was June. But than older persons got named and June looked at Celia. Glad though it was her, June liked the girl and could use being seen with her sometimes. But it was unfair that the older students could only be named with their points. They had more classes obviously than it was normal you could score more. June let this play in her head, and held her face straight and friendly. But she was gonna be the one to be named when she would be older, she had to be patient. And took something to drink and in the mean time she watched around the Slytherin table.

Celia had considered skipping the end of year feast. Being forced to sit with her housemates in a crowded Great Hall sounded like a nightmare. But Celia also knew that there was a good chance her absence would be noticed. Plus she was getting sick of hiding. The longer Celia dwelled on the events of the past semester, the angrier and more resentful she got. It was a good thing the break started tomorrow because she was probably going to explode if she had to stay at this school any longer.

Jaw set, Celia strode into the Great Hall and forced herself to sit in the middle of the Slytherin table. She barely paid attention to Professor Alcott-Ward's speech, not caring about the House Cup or the top points earners. It was always the same few people. So Celia was genuinely shocked when she heard her name. She had always wanted to win top points but had accepted that it was out of the cards for her as long as River was still at Hogwarts and taking every class possible. Now, not only had she won it, but she'd gotten it in time for college applications. Slowly, Celia allowed herself a small smile (more of a smirk, really). She had beaten River and Ivelisse to top points. Maybe this feast didn't have to completely suck.

Louis looked up when Isaiah spoke, having apparently overheard. He felt a little guilty for saying so confidently that next year would be their year. He smiled a little sheepishly. "I mean, we would have if Hufflepuff hadn't gotten stupidly lucky." He said. "We got really close, thanks to you." He said earnestly. Isaiah had been a truly good captain in Louis' eyes. "Zephryn and I will do our best." He added. He nodded in agreement with Aurora. "It will be." He said confidently.

@Isaiah Thompson @Aurora Archer

Renata looked back at Eugene with a smile, less worried about her less than spectacular marks now. She knew she'd have to take on apparition next year which was scary but also really exciting. "I knew you could do it!" she beamed, excited for him. She would've worried about him hurting himself but she also knew he was extremely capable and wasn't likely to hurt himself apparating. "This is so exciting, you're going to be able to travel around so easily! I hope I can pass next year." Of course they'd still have things to do these holidays but she was looking forward to having just a little bit more freedom to see her boyfriend.
@Eugene Nestor

Aine ducked her head back down, unsure of how to take the compliment. She could feel her cheeks reddening a little and instead just reached over for her drink to try and cover herself. "Uh...you should probably get your eyes checked. But, um, thanks." She was really quite terrible at this. "Sure you do. You have not burning yourself out at fifteen to show for it. It'd be sad to peak at high school." Aine really hoped she hadn't, otherwise the rest of her life was just going to be a constant disappointment.
@Zagreus Kohler

Zagerus just offered a small laugh, hoping that at the least his words were helping her feel a bit better about all of this. "I don't need eyes to hear that you got... what was it? One thousand three hundred house points this year." Very few people were getting over one thousand house points, let alone adding another three hundred on top of it. "Maybe so, but just cut back on the lessons for next year. Being burnt out a bit from overwork doesn't mean that it's not impressive. Have some pride about it."
@Aine Thompson

Abby smiled when Rosie explained what her plans might be during the break. "Oh, that's nice! It's always good spending time with family" Abby said cheerfully, she always loved seeing and spending time with her family during her break. "Yeah, I think I'll spend some time with my family," Abby said with a nod, as she began to take a bite of her food. "Your brother's graduating this year, right? Do you think it's going to be weird not seeing him around when you come back?"

@Rosie Archer

Remy had done a good job at keeping to himself and getting involved in very little this year. His mother would certainly be happy about that. Keeping his distance from the magical world while being stuck in the middle had been fairly difficult and more than a little lonely. His friends back home still wrote occasionally, but Remy's excuse of being at an old fashioned technology-free school had long since lost its novelty and their correspondence was lessening. Remy didn't pay much attention to the announcements, already bored of having to wait for food and not really caring about who won the most points. He wasn't terribly looking toward to going back home for the holidays, but he had missed his grandmother's cooking and thought it might be nice to try catch up with some of his muggle friends while he could.

Rosie nodded in agreement to what Abby said. "Yeah, mostly it'll be to spend time with my mum, since my dad is at the school," she said with a little smile. She gave a little shrug, glancing over at the Ravenclaw table where her brother was. "Yeah, really weird. Plus his girlfriend's in Russia, so he might move out there," Rosie replied with a shrug. "But, I have good friends, so I'll be okay," she said with a wide grin.
@Abigail Payne

Isaiah shrugged at the mentionof Hufflepuff being lucky. On the one hand he liked to believe that they had, on the other he knew the Hufflepuff team was strong and they had been worthy opponents. Even if he had desperately wanted to leave the school with a quidditch cup to his name. "Nah, we're a team. We did it all together." He grinned in response, although he would be lying if he said it didn't feel nice to feel like he had been a good captain. That his team had enjoyed his leadership. "I reckon if you work together you'll be great captains." Zay laughed, raising his glass for a second when both Aurora and Louis agreed that next year would be Gryffindors year. He genuinely wished them well and if he hadn't been able a win he'd want nothing more than for the rest of his team to grab their victory next year. They had worked hard and in his eyes they truly earned it. With or without him. @Aurora Archer @Louis Alcott

Tempest had been rather pleased with herself over the past year. She had done decent enough in her classes, having not really worried about excelling in that regard. However, that seemed to be the only way to really prove yourself around the castle to the professors. And she knew it wasn't going to happen through quidditch. And most of the clubs at this school were a waste of time. While she didn't want to, Tempest had decided to make an effort to study more over the break to catch with a few subjects, even figuring she'd borrow some of Enzo's favorite books - although, none from his secret collection. If their parents found his muggle books, at least she could say she had never read them.

As she sat next to June and listened to the headmaster drone on, she clapped, feeling that listing a top points earner from each house defeated the purpose. List the top four points earners in general. She was sure they would mostly be from Slytherin. Once they were finally allowed to eat, Tempest saw some carrots, and dipped them into a creamy sauce nearby as she stared at the wall in front of her.

Penelope sat at her usual spot next to Marnie, glancing around the table for a moment before looking over at Ravenclaw. She had hoped to catch Emmanuel’s eye, but she couldn’t quite see his face very well. She sighed in disappointment, then turned to her best friend. “We have to meet up over break.” She told Marnie, unable to imagine not seeing her friend for weeks and weeks. “Please tell me you’re not going traveling or something.”

@Marnie Frogg

Indi was exhausted and felt like time had slowed to a crawl. The end was insight but to her it felt like it kept inching forward every time she made any progress forward. She was done with her NEWTs and she knew her grades were good enough to start healer training soon. She wanted to go home and celebrate with her family hang out with her friends before real life had to start. Indi had worked so hard over the past seven years and her whole life really to get to this point. She was ready to savor it and get away from the castle. All of that was what she expected to feel. The real plot twist was how much she was going to miss her sister. They had fought ever since she could remember but having her at school had been interesting at least. But now that they'd be separated again, when they finally had things in common, it sucked. She wanted to watch Anisha win more dueling tournaments and show everyone in her grade up. But she wouldn't be there to see it. It wasn't like she was dying but it was still making her sad. She didn't pay any attention to the speech from the headmaster. Slytherin had won the house cup and the same people won top points every year. When the feast began she filled her plate with food and started counting the minutes.

Caleb was looking forward to his break even though he'd have to spend most of it working. He had gotten a job at the Three Broomsticks and it was a pretty short walk from his house. He wasn't excited to spending all his time there but he was excited about the money and getting to meet new people. Hogwarts was starting to feel suffocating as his last year quickly approached and he was feeling eager to start his real life. He was going to try and enter some amateur duelling tournaments too once he was old enough next month. He looked across the hall and spotted Louis and looked away quickly. He knew he needed to hang out with his friends too but maybe they could stick to group hangs only. The food appeared in front of him and was enough of a distraction to stop thinking about Louis. Although he was finding it easier and easier to move past everything that happened, and the fact he had done it all to himself. Maybe by next year things could feel normal again and they could enjoy their last year together.

"Alright, make a deal," Aine said, finally sitting up properly and extending a hand to Zagreus, mostly wanting to make this less about her. "I'll say something like 'yeah, I worked really hard and I am proud of getting an utterly obscene amount of points, more than any sane person should get'...but, y'know, probably without that second half," she explained, rambling a bit as she got to the point. "If you tell me how awesome you were in winning the Quidditch Cup." Truthfully, there was something to be proud of for herself, and she wasn't sure if Zagreus had been proud or not of the Quidditch Cup win. But she figured he should be, he'd been great up there.
@Zagreus Kohler

Eugene smiled easily at her, nodding eagerly. "And I'll be visit you so much, you'll get bored of me," he said, phrasing it like a promise. He leaned in and went to press a light kiss to her cheek, not wanting to overwhelm in pda right in front of everyone, but just excited. Being an almost wizard adult was cool and this skill he now had was going to change everything in his life, making everything so much easier. "And I can take you out to dinner, that's not, made by elves or your family,"
@Renata Stepanova

Elara sat next to her boyfriend and other friends as she listened to the Headmaster give the usual end of year information. She gave some extra claps for Aine and Celia since they were in Heta, even if Celia would not have cared for her support. Ever since the interview, Elara had a bad taste in her mouth regarding the Slytherin, but she knew that it wasn't worth thinking about anymore. Once they were allowed to eat, she straightened herself on the bench as the other Gryffindors talked about quidditch, hoping that they would win next year, proving that Gryffindor was a great team. She looked at Zay, giving him a sympathetic smile, as she still felt a little guilt when it came to quidditch, but less so now. She had had time to wallow, but now, it was time to move onto bigger and better things.

Felix knew there was no point in feeling sorry for himself when Hufflepuff had won the Quidditch Cup and he had passed all of his exams. It didn't really matter that he wasn't the one to secure the win. They were a team after all. But still, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was a failure. He had been more distant than usual for the past few weeks and he hoped he'd come out of it soon. He was looking forward to going home and seeing his family, and working at the menagerie. He spotted Molly but decided to sit next to some of the younger students instead. Felix didn't want to have to put on a fake happy front and instead half listened to the head master's speech and was just glad when the food arrived so he could eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back