Open Y42 Club Fair

Seamus nodded to the older boy, picking up the quill and writing his name down quickly. He didn't linger beyond that, instead just turned and headed out of the great hall. Absolutely no need for him to stick around in the slightest.

Gregory looked to the first girl who spoke, nodding as she said that everyone was nice, and even mentioned that her own piece hand't been included in the end of year things because she'd messed it up. Gregory felt a little assured, he wasn't very good at art, but he'd also more times than not been removed from the classroom or knocked something over to ruin it. The leader of the club was Sky, who was now speaking, and Renata was the girl who'd messed up her work. He hesitated for a moment, before reaching out and writing his name with the quill, accidentally smudging it. ”Thank you,” Gregory moved away from them, rubbing at his hand to wipe the ink off and spotted the brotherhood, that was the other club he'd been looking for. He knew he was less likely to get kicked out of that club, so he approached it. ”I would like to join,” He pushed his glasses up his nose.
@Jordan Harris

Larissa Baros decided to see what sort of clubs she could get into. She knew she liked arts, so the one that had arts in the same sounded like a good place to start! She walked up to the stand, looking at the gingerbread, and got a little confused. That is, until she heard the leader talking about doing more than arts and crafts. Cooking and everything! Her purple eyes lit up as she took out a quill and some ink. "Wow! So exciting! I can't wait to see the club!" She writes her name onto the sign up list and smiles at the leader. "Thank you for letting me sign up for this! I love to paint and draw."
@Niamh Eriksen

A club fair! Dezi liked the sound of that. Did it have rides like the muggle fairs or was it more boring like a job fair? Instantly as she approached the area, she realized it was very much like the second option. There were no fun roller-coaster or a ferris wheel, just a bunch of tables. At least, many were more colourful than expected. That was something. The young Gryffindor began to wonder around. The word fair already made her crave fried foods. There were none in sight. Yet the smell of gingerbread filled her nose. She followed the smell, finding herself at an Arts club table. Her nose did not lead her wrong. Not only would this be the perfect club for her to work on her art, but she also got some food in the process.

Dezi reached for some icing to decorate a cookie, realizing she had not spoken first. She was on a mission it seemed, to fill her belly. She stopped decorating the cookie for a moment, only having a part done. She looked up at the girl who was at the table, a slightly older girl. "Hi. Sorry. I was starving" She explained, not really a good explanation, but that was the truth.

"I'd like to join this club though. I sketch mostly, but I can do other things" She added. She could talk about art forever, but her stomach grumbled. She looked down at the cookie than back at the girl. Could she keep decorating or did she have to sign up first.

@Niamh Eriksen

Ezra was excited to join a club. After asking around a bit, he knew exactly which one he wanted to join. The brotherhood sounded awesome, and it sounded like a good way to make more friends. He headed to their stall, grinning as he spotted Gregory there as well. "Hey Gregory." he said cheerfully. Then he looked at the boy running the stand. "I want to join too!"

@Gregory Friend @Jordan Harris

Sky watched the boy write his name down and then move off towards Jordie and the brotherhood. She glanced over to renata to see what she made of him but before he could say anything another girl was there. A girl with striking eyes. you are welcome to call in the club whenever you want to draw, paint, play, cook, or just hang out. we are just off the courtyard.” she said. ”thank you for joining, feel free to have a gingerbread and decorate it” she said
It seemed to at there was someone who didn’t need to be asked to have a gingerbread. that’s okay. Welcome to the conglomerated arts club. Feel free to take another to decorate it if you want” she said im niamh, or sky, and this renata. Sketching is good. I am more of a musician myself but I started dabbling with painting last year”she said thinking that she should try a few more paintings this year. Maybe painting something other than music. Or maybe see if she could draw something on top of her painting to make it less abstract.
@Renata Stepanova @Larissa Baros @Dezi Barret

Ruto stared as the older girl offered her a tomato pencil. It was a little weird, but the Ravenclaw accepted it nonetheless. "Resourceful, I like it." she said before immediately using it to sign her name on the piece of paper in front of her. She then headed over to the next table, hoping to join one more club before she left. Pink and glittery was the first thing she noticed at the next table until she looked above at the sign and at the articles spread out on the table. "The Hogwarts Monthly." she said aloud, contemplating it in her head. "You can write whatever you want to here, right?"
@Rosemarie Chatwin
@Estella Fuentes

Renata was happy to sit back and watch - after all, she was here more as moral support as she wasn't actually a club leader, so she let Sky do the talking. She did, however, take a gingerbread cookie and started trying to decorate it, wondering if she could make a gingerbread Sky without it looking too terrible. She started drawing a crown on the top of its head, befitting the role of queen of crafts. She thought she might have to make a gingerbread Eugene too, though she wasn't sure how she was supposed to draw a musical maestro, especially when she could barely draw. "I'll definitely make some cookies for meetings, I think," she said, smiling as she focused on trying to draw some hair. "I'll take suggestions," she added, looking up at the girl who was also icing the gingerbread with a grin.

@Niamh Eriksen @Dezi Barret

Rosie glanced up at the boy who spoke and gave a little nod to the question. "Yeah, I've started getting into it recently." Rosie replied with a shy expression. She wasn't sure she should say as much to him. Not wanting him to think she was trying to get on the team or anything. She was just looking. "Is it hard?" she decided to ask, because why not.

Eugene nodded slightly at her response before laughing lightly, "Yes, but it's rewarding at the end." he said. "We're a slightly different club, but…just at any point you'd like, just stop by the room, leave some examples of your work. If we start looking for something...we'll reach out," Eugene told her. There weren't currently taking anyone on, and this might end up giving her a little head start, but he was always happy to have options.

Astraea had a good idea what club she wanted to join when she walked into the Great hall she just had to make sure it was still a thing. She was relieved when she found a banner that read 'Heta Omega' and approached one of the girls who looked in charge. "Hi, is this where I sign up?"

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Atlas hadn't shown any interest in school clubs in her younger years but the closer she got to her final year she figured it wouldn't hurt to be a little more social. She headed straight into the great hall and for the heta omega table grabbing the sign-up sheet and scribbling her name down. "See you at the first meeting," She said to the president and one of the other girls at the table.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Branson had offered to help Jordie with the club fair. He was sure that he could do it himself, but it was probably quite busy, and he was happy to lend a hand if his best friend needed it. He was however running a little late, and could spot that there were a couple of other boys were looking to sign up. Branson raced over. ”Sorry I'm a bit late Jordie,” he looked to the two boys who were signing up. ”Here, just put your names here,” Branson told them with a little smile.
@Gregory Friend @Jordan Harris @Ezra Ito

Ana Sofia watched as some of the girls signed up, happy there was some interest in the club. Although she didn't think there had ever been a year in which girls hadn't been interested in joining the club. She was glad they also liked her friendship bracelets though, feeling like it's such an easy little treat to offer them. "It is!" She beamed when another girl approached her table, handing her one of the sign up sheets that already had a couple of names on it. "Just add your name to the list and that's it." Ana was a little surprised to see an older student signing up without saying much but shot her a smile anyways. It was a good thing older students also felt comfortable joining the club as well. There was no reason why they shouldn't and she'd happily welcome anyone. @Astraea Kuya-Jenkins @Atlas James-Cade

Gregory glanced up excited as he spotted Ezra. "Hey Ezra," Gregory pushed his glasses up his nose. He was hopeful that Ezra wouldn't notice the bruise, and he focused on the older boy, who was joined by another. He grabbed the quill and wrote his name before offering it to Ezra so that he could sign his name. "Are you signing up for anything else?"
@Ezra Ito

Harper finished signing her name and passed the quill off to a younger boy. She shrugged at Flynn's comment, knowing that he was probably right. "Guess it didn't occur to me until I won the tournament," she said with a small smile. Though Harper was mostly over her dislike of Flynn, she couldn't resist a little gentle ribbing. Besides, he was always so grumpy that she doubted she could say anything that would make him that much grumpier.

@Flynn North

Dezi was pleased that the older girl did not seem to upset that she had chosen to focus on the gingerbread cookies first. "I love music. That's what my parents do though. I'm more visual if that makes sense" Dezi explained. She was working on a type of bow tie when her stomach grumbled again. Without thinking, she bit the head off the gingerbread cookie, placing it down again to continue to decorate. I guess this was now something called avant-garde. Still chewing she turned her attention to the other girl who was decorating one as well. "My only suggestion is not be hungry while decorating cookies. But I love the crown on your's" Dezi said right after swallowing the mouthful of food.

Dezi wanted more the cookie but she continued to decorating, something worthy of a Halloween feast at this point. Art was in the eye of the beholder, right now it seemed she was leading with her stomach though. "Nice to meet you both though" She added, eying up the cookie's arm that was now covered in icing. "I'm Dezi" She said a bit absentmindedly.

@Renata Stepanova @Niamh Eriksen

Essie beamed as another unfamiliar face made her way over to her. "Of course you can!" she exclaimed, ready to hopefully sell it to her. "And there's no judgement whatsoever. That's the beauty of it! I'm always writing whatever I want and, to be honest, I don't really care what anyone thinks." She shrugged. It was something only half true, but she was mostly just saying what the girl wanted to hear. "And we have an amazing support team to help us through it. If you want to join, just write your name down here." She pushed the sign-up sheet towards her that already had two names on it.
@Ruto Vernier-Raison

Before he knew what was happening, everything seemed to be going down all at once. Jordie turned back to his booth, stepping in as Branson did. "Thanks for coming today," He told the boy, smiling, before looking to the two new recruits. He frowned immediately. "Whoa, whoa, hold up, Gregory?" Jordie leaned in, brow furrowed. "Is that a bruise?" He focused on the boy, worry on his face. @Gregory Friend @Ezra Ito @Branson Archer

Ruto listened as the older girl spoke. She definitely sounded convincing. "Okay, sure." she said simply, picking up the pen and writing down her name. She was looking forward to writing some articles which would hopefully be interesting for some to read. When she was done writing her name she was quick to turn around and head out of the Great Hall. She had signed up for too many clubs for now.

Dahlia giggled at the older girl's comment. "I mean, that's preeeetty tempting...but I am definitely signing up." She scribbled down her name, slipping a bracelet on her wrist with a smile and heading off. She wasn't sure whether any of the other clubs appealed as yet - Wild Patch seemed too on the nose for her, she didn't know the first thing about duelling and didn't really want to write for the paper, that seemed too dull. Satisfied with two clubs for the moment, she headed off to get some fresh air on the lawn.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Leah was a little annoyed that the boy didn't seem to recognize her but she just rolled her eyes. She had never seen a duel herself. Her parents had always said it was too violent even though she had seen plenty of brutal quidditch matches over the years. But one of her uncles used to be a dueling champion when he was younger and he always had the best stories so she was eager to try it for herself. "Sound perfect. Sign me up." she said confidently and signed her name when the list made it to her. She spared one more glance around the hall but decided she was content for now and there was always next year if she wanted to try out anything else. @Flynn North

Gregory had already turned away as the leader of the club spoke. Gregory glanced back at him and then reached his hand to his glasses. "Oh yeah, it's nothing, just misjudged a step…and tripped," he lied, turning away and looking at Ezra. "Let's go?" he said, willing to follow Ezra to wherever he was going to next. Gregory hadn't intended to sign up for anything else, but he didn't want to go alone, he'd just follow Ezra.
@Jordan Harris @Ezra Ito

Users who are viewing this thread

Back