Open Y41 Club Fair

Daria's shoulders hunched more as the crowd around the table only grew, eager to make her retreat as quickly as possible. "T-thank you..." She took a pencil and signed her name onto the list, studying the pencil as she stepped back quickly. She had always thought sunflowers were pretty, and having one of her own to plant sounded really nice. She clutched the pencil tight to her chest as she left the fair, deciding she would carry it around until she found the perfect spot.
@Rosemarie Chatwin

Casper smiled at Sky. "You're a good kid, thank you," He told her sincerely. "I'd love to hear you play when the crowd starts to settle a bit," He told Sky, though he was distracted as a girl appeared. She looked to be about Sky's age. He gave her a warm smile. "Of course! We would love to have you, everyone is welcome with us. Just sign your name here, then you can either fill out a name tag or step aside here and make your own," He told her. @Renata Stepanova @Niamh Eriksen

He looked up as another girl approached, giving her a smile as well. "Of course you can," He told her. "Sign your name on the sheet, then you can either make your name tag or take one of our pre-made selections," He motioned to the name tags. @Blanche Broomhead

Casper blinked as another girl hurried up, chattering a mile a minute. "Whoa, whoa, slow down. Yes, its a viola, and yes, we do all sorts of things. We have a music section, I run the arts side. Personally I like to paint but we also make cards and collab with other clubs sometimes for fun things. We do all sorts of fun stuff," He motioned to the name tags for her as well. "For instance, there's a selection of name tags here that I put together before the fair," He pointed to the pile of almost ready tags, each unique. "Or you can make your own. Just write your name on the sign up sheet and choose which one you'd like," He told her with a smile. @Marnie Frogg

As if the club gods were testing his ability to pay attention, a boy soon joined them. Casper looked to the boy with a smile. "We have artsy things, yes, and we have a music section as well. Our Music Maestro is actually Eugene Nestor over there," Cas waved to the stand Eugene was manning currently. "I have him to help me manage our musical activities, but I do know a fair bit myself. My cousin Asher is a professional singer and guitarist, and he taught me a few tricks." Casper smiled. "If you'd like to sign up, our list is here, and please feel free to either take a name tag or make one of your own." He told the boy. @Mischa Falter-Butera

It seemed as though he was not the only one who was interested in this club, but he didn't plan on staying around for long. He had his answer and that was good enough for him. "Alright, cool, thanks," he eagerly took the pen and scribbled his name down on the signup sheet. Now that was two clubs signed up for and nothing else was really grabbing his attention. Though he didn't see the point in taking one of the name badges, he did slip one into his pocket before he left the great hall. Two clubs were plenty and now he had more at Hogwarts to be looking forward to.

@Casper Beckett

Flynn briefly smiled as the first boy rushed over and signed his name down, followed by the other first year looking girl. That was a good start, and it seemed as though others were still interested in signing themselves up as well. "Yeah, if you're not a first year. Anyone can sign up. You don't have be a member of the SDA, either," he responded to the girl who had the questions about the duelling tournament, "But you should still sign up for the club, though." He wasn't going to turn away any extra members.

And then another girl came over and Flynn simply nodded his head, "Yep, that's the one. Sign up sheet is there and help yourself to a jelly slug as well." He thought the fact he had pictures of duelling and the sign above the stall would have made things perfectly clear for the girl. This was, in fact, the duelling club.

@Yuelia Rossingol @Genevieve Fuentes @Ngawaiata Martin

Josh smiled and waved when he noticed his friend, Emmanuel also there. "Thinking about it" Josh says with a chuckle and a nod as he spoke to his friend. He then listened to the older boy, as he had explained about the club, he nodded, understanding about the club as well liking what the club was about. "Oh sweet!" Josh said enthusiastically as he smiled eagerly as the leader handed over a signup sheet, eagerly signing sheet. @Emmanuel Okoye @Lumio Skey

The Gryffindor waved the older boy goodbye and thanked him, before telling his friend that he was going to sign up for another club. The other club that had interested him was the art club. He wasn't the greatest at art or anything of the sort, but he sounded interesting and fun to do. Josh made his way to the art club, only partly listening to some of the things that the art leader was saying. "Hey! What sort of art stuff do you guys do?" Josh questioned the older boy, looking around at the different stuff that lay around the table. @Casper Beckett

Casper looked up as yet another boy approached the table. Unthinkingly, he toyed a bit with Lindens half finished name tag. Cas should have really brought a drink to this thing. He smiled at the first year. "We do all sorts of things," He said. "We make cards, music boxes, sometimes we collab with other clubs. One year we helped the wild patch club build a castle in the gardens." He brushed a hand through his hair. "This year we also have a music section of the club, for those more musically inclined than crafty." He smiled at the kid. "If you'd like to sign up, we're always happy to have more people. You can either make your own name tag, or select one of the ones I made earlier," He motioned to the tags. @Joshua Lynch

Joshua smiled and nodded as he listened carefully to what the older boy had to say about the club. This for sure sounded interesting, and even though the wasn't artistic, creating things did seem like a lot of fun. He then took the sign up sheet, eagerly signing up for the club and then decided to take one of the already made name tags. "Sweet! I'll take one of these. They look awesome!" Joshua says with a smile, before waving goodbye to the older boy and leaving the art stall. He then looked around at the other stalls to see if there was anything else that interested him. But none stood out to him, so he decided to leave the fair and head back into the castle. @Casper Beckett

Ngawaiata nodded once at the SDA boy and signed her name quickly on the list, eager to get out of here as fast as possible. As she was heading for the exit though she spotted a much quieter table, moving closer to see what the table was for. The yearbook. Ngawaiata had always enjoyed taking photos, and being behind the camera seemed like a good way to make sure her own yearbook pictures wouldn't be too embarrassing in the future. Plus, a smaller club would be much more enjoyable. So she made her way over, hesitating slightly at the length of the forms on the table. "Hey... are you taking new people?" She asked the boy at the table.
@Flynn North @Eugene Nestor

Blanche nodded at the boy's response, though his comment about name tags gave her pause. "Why do we need name t-" She was cut off mid-sentence by the arrival of one of her classmates, a girl who never seemed to stop talking, and Blanche watched almost in awe as the girl rambled on. She barely remembered to sign her name on the form, so distracted by the chatter.
@Casper Beckett @Marnie Frogg

In all honesty, joining clubs had made Lizzie a little nervous. The girl wasn't that social if she was being honest. Interacting with people had made her scared sometimes. But the girl was gonna try and overcome her fears and hopefully join a few clubs. She wanted to make some more friends. Lizzie entered the courtyard where the club fair was held, looking around nervously, looking at any of the clubs that had interested her. She then noticed a stall that looked like they were all about plants and nature, which Lizzie liked. She nervously made her way towards the stall, fiddling with her hands nervously. "Um... H-hi... Is this club all about plants and stuff?" Lizzie asked the older girl, though she internally cringed as it sounded like a dumb question. Of course, it was based on plants.

@Rosemarie Chatwin

Cas turned his attention back to the other girl, not missing her attempt at a question. "Well, the arts club has a lot of members. The name tags are a fun way of expressing yourself, but it also saves you from having to repeat your name to anyone too many times. And besides," He leaned in, giving her a smile and a conspiratorial whisper. "If everyone has a name tag, you'll know everyone elses name too," He chuckled. @Blanche Broomhead

Blanche felt her face scrunch in discomfort as the older boy explained the reason. For a club supposedly all about being creative and unique, everyone having to wear nametags felt far too authoritative. "Well, I don't want one." She said simply, setting her pen back down once she had finished putting her name on the sign up list, and turned to leave the fair.
@Casper Beckett

Casper blinked in surprise as the girl rejected the idea and walked out. He glanced at the list. She had still joined the club. A bit of doubt hit him and he looked at the name tags again. Were they a silly idea? He thought it had been a nice icebreaker. He looked down at the half-finished name tag he'd been making for Linden. He wished Kiara was here, she had actually known how to run a club. He bit his lip, debating just throwing the name tag he'd been making for Linden away.

Lennox was quite happy with the girl's short response to her, although it was probably due to the mass amounts of girls that were surrounding the table. Lennox was not one for cheery pointless conversation anyway, so it definitely suited her. Plus, this club sounded like something that her Mimi (grandmother) would approve of. Carrying the Addison legacy onwards. "Thanks" Lennox said, not seeing the need to say anything more. She would introduce herself in due time.

The young Slytherin took the sign-up sheet. Neatly she signed her name where there was an open spot before returning it to the girl behind the table. A little uncertain about these so-called friendship bracelets. Nothing beat the friendship necklace that her and Jade wore, even if they were now schools apart. A feeling of missing, longing filled her heart as she thought about her best friend. What were the chances that she would find another friend that was as deserving as Jade? So far, the choices looked rather grim. Out of nostalgia thoughts for her best friend, Lennox grabbed a pink toned friendship bracelet, shoving it into her pocket as she left the booth.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Sky smiled as casper spoke to her saying that he would like to hear her play when it got quieter. it made up instantly for the fact that he had called her a kid. which she guessed she probably was to a seventh year but she was still not a kid like the first years were. when the name tags were pointed out to Renata she smiled. "come on lets make one." she said. looking at the equipment. she made hers blue. and wrote in her neatest writing sky. adding white bits for the namesake clouds.
before she was halfway through she saw one of the girls getting very close to her viola. it was her prised possession. and she just didn't quite trust an unknown first year around it. "It's a viola. like a violin but a little bigger and not quite as high pitched, it really sounds quite beautiful, this is mine, but there are a lot other of instruments in the club rooms you can learn or play" she said Not that she was biased at all but she found the viola sound one of the nicest of all instruments.
her attention was drawn by a girl who started to cause a commotion about not wanting a name tag. and she could see that was was struggling and had his hands about to crumple one up that he had been working on since before she got to the table. she was going to say something in defence of the name tags. she liked them. "don't let one kid get you down. the name tags are good. I might even make two one for each of my names" she said, she went by two names pretty interchangeably Niamh and Sky even though neither were technically her official first name but who called themselves harmony if they had any kind of alternative.

@Casper Beckett @Renata Stepanova @Marnie Frogg @Blanche Broomhead

Last edited:
Renata beamed at Sky, impressed. "I would love to hear you play sometime if that would be alright," she said sincerely, though she supposed she might get the chance in the arts club. She wasn't as musical as she would have liked to be but she very much enjoyed listening to it and was alright on percussion. She wanted to maybe play bass guitar eventually, too. She wasn't someone who wanted to be the centre of attention, nor was she especially melodic. But she liked to think she had good rhythm, and liked to get involved in supporting. She wrote down her name on the list and stepped aside for others to do so, looking over the nametags. She wasn't very good at art, but that wouldn't stop her from trying. Especially when a couple of younger kids made a bit of an issue over it. "I think the nametags are cute," she agreed, writing 'Renata' in very loopy and cutesy pink writing, drawing a couple of stars and flowers around the edges. There was little rhyme or reason to it, but she certainly tried her best.
@Niamh Eriksen @Casper Beckett

Evie smiled as the older boy responded to her. She liked how inclusive the club was as well and was definitely interested in joining. "Okay! I guess I'll see you at the first meeting then!" she exclaimed, before taking the quill after a first year and writing her name down. That was definitely much easier than she expected.

@Flynn North

Sloane nodded and wrote down her name for the group of Heta Omega, before wandering off and letting the other girls take her place in front of the stand. There was still one more group she wanted to sign up for, and she crossed the room towards @Flynn North, hoping that he would let her join the SDA. She'd already heard that first years weren't allowed to participate in duelling competitions, which made sense because Sloane would have no idea what she was doing, but that didn't want to stop her from learning. "Hi! Is there room for one more?" she asked politely, hoping to get her name on the list.

Lumio smiled and nodded as one of the boys seemed keen to sign up. He passed one of the sheets to them, and then when another boy approached he grinned. "Of course, always space for people!" he assured him. One of the other boys signed his name, and he was pretty happy with the few who'd signed up. This was a good day. he hoped more would.
@Raawhiti Te Rangi

Eugene was not bothered as so many of the other clubs became busy and he did not, that was the nature of this. His club had a sold amount of people doing a solid amount of work. He glanced and sat up a little straighter in his seat as a girl approached him. "We're always on the look out for talent," he said, he took one of the photographer forms and held it out for her. "Fill this out, if you have examples of you work attach them, and then we'll be in touch,"

Emmanuel signed his name for the brotherhood and began looking around again. He wasn't much of a writer, he wrote but nothing that would interest others. He wasn't much of a gardner, and though the self defence group seemed like fun he wasn't sure that was for him either. He noticed that Josh had gone to the arts club but he wasn't that interested in the arts. They were important just not for him. The boy figured he could always come back in the next year to see if something else caught his fancy but was otherwise done here.

Pearl looked at Rosemarie and smiled with some put on pride as the girl seemed to take her at face value. She signed her name and then glanced at the pencil, maybe she would plant it, or maybe not. "Oh I'm allergic to succulents," she lied before turning on her heel and heading away. She spotted a fighting club, the girl club seemed interesting enough but she wasn't sure about it. So instead she headed to the Student defence club. "Could I learn how to actually fight, or is this exclusively fighting with wands?" she asked the boy at the stand.
@Flynn North

"Choice!" Rāwhiti beamed when one of the older boys said he could sign up, quickly adding his name to the list. The Brotherhood had sounded like the perfect club ever since Manaia mentioned it, and he couldn't wait to get involved. "Cheers!" Manaia grinned, giving the older boy a salute before he headed out. He was pretty sure there weren't any other clubs he wanted to join today, so his job was done.
@Lumio Skey

Ngawaiata nodded as the older boy explained, looking through her bag quickly for a moment. "I think I've got... yeah." She pulled the folder of photos out, hesitating for a bit. "These are spares, they're not the best ones from the set, but they're what I've got. Pictures of my cousin I took for Auntie Ka- uh... Professor Josephs' last birthday." She explained, setting down the pictures of the toddler in various different outfits. Leaving them for the older boy, she picked up a pencil and quickly filled in the application form. She figured she probably wouldn't get in, but it was worth a shot.
@Eugene Nestor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back