Open Y41 Club Fair

Somjai excitedly got an already sharpened pencil and used it to enter their name on the list. Still arm in arm with Naomi, she used her left hand to write which was her dominant as well. The Club fair was a hit for her, she didn't know clubs comes with something when you join and she was happy about it. Maybe at their first meeting she'll suggest to plant sunflowers and they all could share the seed after. "Thank you so much. Will sure be at the meetings." Somjai did a Wai, forcing Naomi's arms nearer to her. Then looked at Naomi to take the succulents as she already had the pencils. "Sawatdi Kha! See you later." With another Wai.

She can't believe she has a club that she belongs to. Naomi looked at her cousin as she wrote down both their names on the list. She was happy with this club but Somjai might want to join another one and she'll be okay with it, as long as she's with her. Although, Naomi was surprised at the way Somjai was doing the Wai. The Hufflepuff second year was giggling internally, of course, you can't take away tradition from a girl who's upbringing was to respect others. Naomi would catch herself bowing as well sometimes and it was okay. Hogwarts New Zealand is a diverse school anyway.

When she caught her cousin looking at her and was gesturing to get the succulents, Naomi took her other arm out under hers and got the little succulents.
"Thank you indeed." Naomi bowed when Somjai did her Wai. They went on to make way for the other students to sign up. "So, are we just joining one club or are we still looking?" She asked Somjai, each succulent on her two hand. @Rosemarie Chatwin @Somjai Wu

Marnie stilled as the guy behind the booth asked her to slow down, rolling her lips together. It was a pretty common request for her and she did her best to stay quiet until she and the other kid behind the booth had finished talking. "Neat! I love making stuff for people my brother says he hates getting hand-made gifts all the time but I love it, I'd make stuff for everyone if they'd let me," she said happily, scribbling her name down quickly before snaking one of the name tags and quickly putting her name on there too, sure to dot the 'i' with a little heart. She could spruce it up later, but the booth was crowded and Marnie wanted more supplies than was at the table anyway.

"Ohh I always thought viola was the smaller one, how do you remember which is which I guess you play one that probably helps I don't think I have a musical bone in my body I guess you guys share the same club space then that's kinda cool," Marnie said brightly, looking forward to hearing the girl play. It'd make club stuff probably hard to focus, Marnie was excellent at getting distracted, but she'd never turn down a chance for a new experience. "Can't wait for our first meeting then!" She told the pair excitedly, already glancing around to see if any other of the clubs caught her eye as much as the art one had. @Casper Beckett @Niamh Eriksen

A Club Fair? Bianca thought to herself as she looked round at the various tables, trying to figure out which she would be interested in. Suddenly, one caught her eye. It was the Heta Omega table. Just the name itself sounded intriguing, and she made her way over to it.

”Hi. I’d like to know more about joining Heta Omega.” she said to the older girl behind the table.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

It was surprising to see the SDA getting this much attention for a change. "Yeah, just sign your name on the sheet if you want to join," he offered to the next girl who came over, pushing the parchment and quill across the stand. "And help yourself to a jelly slug if you want one." Though, that one wasn't a requirement for joining.

And then another girl show up and Flynn gave her a rather strange look at the question. "Er... just wands." What, did she expect there to be a club where you could learn to fistfight or something? As if.

@Sloane Ari @Pearl Parra

Lillian wasn't sure if she wanted to join a club, but she joined the club fair anyway. She could always see what was out there right. She played a lot of board games and she made quilts at home, so maybe there was a club that did those things. There was a girls only club, which sounded pretty cool. Lily wondered if that was something for her. Her hair covering her face she slowly walked over to the stand. ''Hey, uh... do you accept new students?'' Lilly mumbled ''I would like to join and uh... I am curious what you guys do as events'' Lilly muttered.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Ana Sofia was glad there were some girls who seemed interested in what the club was about, who were signing up. She watched as some of them wrote down their names, smiling as they grabbed a friendship bracelet. "Hi!" She beamed when another girl walked up to the table. "Sure, what would you like to know?" She questioned rather than start her whole story about the club, sisters and activities since she wasn't sure whether the girl wanted the general story or if she wanted to hear about anything in specific. As Ana waited for an answer another girl walked up and she shot her a smile. "We definitely do!" She answered, making sure to look at both girls while answering her second question just in case it was what the first girl had wanted to know as well. "We do a lot of different things. We generally start the year with a welcome meeting during which each girl can get to know the sister she has been paired up with and then there's other fun events during the year. Like we've done bonfires with the brotherhood before and last year we had a huge slumber party in the club room." @Bianca Halliwell @Lillian Morrow

Pearl couldn't help but think it was a pity they weren't taught how to fight. "Oh, that's a pity, I guess I'll sign up anyway though," she knew though that fighting with wands would be good and useful to learn, but she thought it could've been cool too to learn how to fight physically. She held out a hand to get given a quill with which she could sign up.

Bianca tilted her head and thought for a moment. She remembered what her parents had advised her about getting involved in extra-curricular activities—that she should take advantage of them so she could meet people and have a bit of fun outside of class—and nodded again.

“That sounds really neat. I love bonfires.” she commented. “I think I’d like to join up. Mum and Dad will be pleased to hear that I’m getting involved in something that doesn’t involve sharks.”

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Eugene nodded, "Spares are all good," he reached out to take the pictures, and thought they were cute. "Aww, these are adorable," he commented. They were also very good. Which was definitely a good thing. "We'll get these back to you when the decision has been made," Eugene assured though he knew that given these were spares that she wouldn't mind, but he wasn't going to hold on to them longer than normal. "I'm Eugene by the way," Eugene introduced. "It's good to meet you,"
@Ngawaiata Martin

Ngawaiata couldn't help her face twitching into a small smile when the older boy complimented her photos. She had always had a soft spot for her younger cousins, and couldn't help agreeing with him, though she wasn't gonna say it out loud. She nodded when the boy explained the decision process and introduced himself. "Thanks. I'm Ngawaiata." She paused, glancing down at her filled in form, then looked back up again and shrugged. "Obviously."
@Eugene Nestor

The young Hufflepuff was looking around when Naomi asked her if they're only joining one club. She was thinking until she saw a booth that was decorated cutely. "Maybe one more?" She pointed at the booth. "Come on, come on!" Somjai was insistent and walked a little faster to the booth she was pointing to. There were a lot of people already joining the club and she wanted to know what it is. "Do you know what this one is?" She asked @Naomi Wu-Maxwell

Lillian felt uncomfortable doing stuff with the male club. The whole sister thing did sound pretty awesome. She would love someone that would be able to teach her the ropes and show her the ins and outs of the huge castle. ''I like the join..'' Lillian said to the girl behind the stand. @Ana Sofia Burleigh ''How do I know when there is an event and stuff?'' She muttered uncomfortably.

Eugene smiled at the girl. "It's good to meet you Ngwaiata," the teen said warmly and then took the form and read the name back. He read over the form to make sure he had all the information that he needed. "Well, you are all set," Eugene said, "Unfortunately I don't have anything fun to give you, like the other teams, but feel free to take a yearbook. We'll be in touch very soon,"
@Ngawaiata Martin

Ngawaiata nodded once at the boy's welcome, glancing at the old yearbooks. "I'm all good, I've got my one from last year. Thanks, though." She said, giving him another nod. "See you." Her job done, Ngawaiata slipped out of the courtyard quickly, glad to be away from the crowds.
@Eugene Nestor

She didn't complained when Somjai decided to join another club. Naomi raised an eyebrow though when her cousin was pointing at the Heta Omega booth. Does Naomi really want to be with just girls in a club? Yes, she's into girly stuff but she already have a group of girls that she shares a bedroom with. Naomi was going to suggest that Somjai join but she wouldn't when Somjai just started walking in the direction of the Heta Omega booth. Naomi sighed and followed her cousin, "It's a sorority for girls of any year and house. They have projects, I think. You can join but I think I'll pass this one." She wasn't really into a one gender thing club. @Somjai Wu

Renata's eyes widened at how fast the first year girl talked, but she was pretty impressed. Even though English was the language they mostly spoke at home, she couldn't quite speak it that fast. She was very excited about what she was talking about, though, and it made Renata smile. She gave a small apology to Sky to slip away from the Arts Club booth, wanting to join up to some other clubs before it was too late. The wild patch seemed really cute, and although she didn't have much experience in growing plants besides some Herbology - which wasn't very effective in the cold - she was keen to learn. Flowers were nice, after all. She gave the older girl she vaguely recognized from the Hufflepuff common room a smile as she wrote her name on the list. She'd overheard that the pencils would grow in to sunflowers when you were done with them, which was a really cute and fun idea. "These pencils are great!" she complimented, giving a wave before scurrying off to a different stall.

Heta Omega was the other one she was keen on, where another older Hufflepuff (she thought) girl was sitting, with super cute friendship bracelets. "Hi! I just transferred in to third year, is it still okay if I join up?" she asked overhearing something about pair ups but assuming that was for first years. Maybe the whole thing was for first years, but she was still going to join clubs now that she was here and get involved.

@Rosemarie Chatwin @Ana Sofia Burleigh

Kate didn't expect the Club Fair to be this busy. There were students everywhere, and it felt incredibly overwhelming to the girl. There seemed to be a lot of good stalls though, and Katherine was eager to join something. She was sure it would be a good way for her to make friends, and perhaps even build her confidence. Waiting for a bit of the rush to be over, and for some of the stalls to be quieter, Kate gently pushed herself off of the wall she had been leaning on. Leaning wasn't something her mother approved of her doing, but her Mother wasn't there currently, and it felt good to not have to constantly be aware of her posture or of how others her mother would percieve her.
The first place that caught Kate's eye, was a place that was decorated with pretty lights. Of course Kate was drawn to it. She could pronounce the first word, Heta, but the second one was a bit difficult to decode. She arrived just in time to hear the older girl explain what they did, and though a couple of the activities sounded scary, pairing up with a sister seemed like an amazing idea. After the other girls signed up, Kate moved forward, briefly locking eyes with the leader and giving her a small smile before quickly looking back down at the paper, and signing her name. She saw the bowl of lollies, and the bowl of friendship bracelets. Her smile grew slightly bigger as she took a bracelet and put it on. "Thank you." Kate said quietly, bowing her head slightly to the leader. @Ana Sofia Burleigh

Kate glanced around, spotting another booth that looked interesting. Again, one of the words was way too tricky to understand, but she knew the word 'Arts'. She even had her own Arts room at home. Kate made her way over. She recognized Marnie, and was happy that she'd at least know a familiar face if she joined. Kate was too shy to ask if they did any needle work, but hoped that they would. She figured, if she didn't enjoy it...it wouldn't be too bad to leave, right? Besides, the nametags were cute. With a small smile at the older boy, Kate put her name down on that sign up sheet too, taking one of the name tags gently, so she could decorate it herself later. @Casper Beckett

Buddy system? Birdie thought. It seemed as if it was made for her, someone to make this new world familiar. Without hesitation, she signed the sheet to join after Ana had pointed it out to another girl who arrived, and grabbed the free bracelets and sweets, slowly feeling comfortable at this new place.

Turning towards the girl that helped her, she said, “Do you have meetings or something like that? How do you know when something is happening?

Birdie felt a bit embarrassed with the overload of questions, but she didn’t want to be completely clueless during her time here.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Between being Quidditch captain, head boy, and co-leader of the Brotherhood, Lucas already felt like he had a lot on his plate, and the year had barely started. As he rushed to the club fair, where he was definitely a bit late, he wondered if he was going to manage it all this year. He skidded to a stop at the Brotherhood table, relieved to see Lumio seemed to have it all in hand. "Thanks. And sorry." He said breathlessly. Glad their booth wasn't the busiest yet. A few boys started signing up, and Lucas caught his breath quietly as Lumio helped them.

Apologies for being late, if you want to join brotherhood you can also @ lucas!

Emery had walked around the courtyard three times, sure he was just missing something. Eventually, he walked up to the lady who he knew was his head of house, frowning up at her. "Excuse me, is there really no gobstones club?" He asked.

@Professor Kahurangi Josephs

Penelope had been cautiously excited at the idea of a club fair. Joining a club seemed like a good way to meet some people from other houses, as she so far had mostly talked to her roommates. She spotted Marnie, who seemed to be heading over to the arts club. Penelope smiled, not surprised. She considered joining her for a moment, but stopped. She wasn't that into craft, not the way Marnie was. What if everyone was much more talented than her? After considering a few of the other clubs, she finally found herself heading to the sisterhood club. It appealed to her the most. It seemed a little busy, so Penelope waited her turn patiently. There were a few other first years there as well, and Penelope shot them nervous smiles before speaking. "I'd like to join too." She told the older girl.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Kahurangi kept an eye on the fair as it progressed, pleased to see there weren't any disturbances. She had heard Cyndi had had to deal with an issue between students last year, and it was a relief that things were running much more to plan this time around. She was distracted from her thoughts when a boy approached, a little surprised at his question. "I'm afraid there isn't, sorry." Kahurangi said with an apologetic smile. "If you're looking for people to play with you could put up a flier in the student lounge maybe?"
@Emery Mettlestone

Ana Sofia had expected a few girls to be interested but she hadn't expected so many to be at her table at once. She listened when one of the first girls asked her another question after signing up, happy these girls were curious as to what the club was all about. "Yeah, we have a few meeting per year. You'll likely receive an invitation a few days before." @Birdie Atwood

She smiled at the two girls who had been at her table while she explained what activities the club had offered during the previous years, giving a small nod to a third one who signed up and grabbed a bracelet. "Definitely no sharks here." She giggled before pointing at the sign up sheets again. "You guys just put your names down and we're all good." Ana smiled before looking at the girl that had asked another question. "We'll make sure to send word to all of our members when there's an event going on and put some flyers up in advance just to be sure. You'll be all good in that area, I promise." @Bianca Halliwell @Lillian Morrow

Ana shifted her attention from the girls signing up to another one that had made her way over to the stand, shooting her a bright smile. "Of course! There's no age restriction to signing up whatsoever." @Renata Stepanova

When some of the girls had finished signing up and moved on she looked at a girl who had been patiently waiting behind them, sliding one of the sign up sheets towards her. "You're more than welcome to!" She smiled brightly at her. "Just put your name on here and you'll be all good." @Penelope Marshall

Emery's face fell at the professor's answer. He had still kind of been hopeful, thinking maybe the club leader was sick or something. He frowned slightly. "I see." He said, biting back a comment about how utterly ridiculous that was. Why did they have two separate clubs that just seemed to be for hanging out, divided by gender, but not one for playing one of the wizarding world's best games? He shrugged and walked off, looking around the club fair a bit longer with a sour expression on his face. He finally decided to just leave. The paper looked sort of interesting, but he didn't know if they would let first years join. He decided to make that flyer the professor had talked about.

@Professor Kahurangi Josephs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back