Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
From the end of the hall, the Headmistress stood waiting for graduates and guests alike to enter and take their appropriate seats. Gone were the long tables that usually resided in the hall, leaving a large empty space for rows upon rows of padded chairs. Gone too, were the usual banners and drapes depicting the four individual houses and their respective colours, replaced now by banners depicting only the Hogwarts insignia on a plain, black background. Today, the seventh years weren't Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs or Slytherins. They stood together as one, the graduating class of 2055.

As everyone settled into their seats, Katherine strode across the stage to take her position at the podium. With a raise of her hand, the murmur and chatter of those present ceased, and she spoke. "Welcome all of you, family and friends, students and staff, to the graduation ceremony of twenty forty-five. Thank you for joining us in celebrating the long journey of our honoured graduates, and in commending their seven years of growth and dedication at Hogwarts New Zealand. Truly, each and every one of you have been the heart and soul of this school." There was a brief moment of applause, and once that too had died down, Katherine continued. "To the class of twenty fifty-five, remember that your lives are only just beginning. You are all the future of wizardkind, and it is your actions and achievements that will continue to shape the world we live in. With that said, I'd like to call upon our head students, Adorah Zumwalt and Noel Waldgrave to take the podium. Please give them a warm welcome." The Headmistress finished, stepping off to the side to allow the two students to take her place and present their speeches.​

OOCOut of Character:
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Adorah couldn't believe graduation was actually here. She didn't feel prepared to go out into the big bad world all by herself, but she seemingly had no option. Bridgit had agreed to let her stay until September, just to work a lot and continue saving money. She still hadn't heard back from the apprenticeships she'd applied for, but the Ravenclaw knew the likelihood of getting any of them was relatively slim. However, Adorah wouldn't let any of that desperation or self-doubt show as she took the stage, somehow first, and stood behind the podium. Looking out, she noticed Aisa and looked down at the ground before looking back up and glancing at Noel. Adorah wasn't much of a public speaker, but seeing him made her smile and gave her the extra boost she needed.

"When I received my Hogwarts letter 7 years ago, I had no idea the adventure that was in store for me. I'm sure many of you didn't either. We've gone through failed exams, singed eyebrows caused by magic mishaps, exhausting all-nighters, quidditch losses, and heartbreaks," she said, glancing up for a moment in hopes to not look near Aisa but instead caught a glimpse of Nicole instead. Clearing her throat, she continued.
"But we've also had memorable pranks led by Sully, stellar photos taken of us by Aisa, reigning dueling champs like Sydney, kind gestures and friendly smiles from Samantha, enviable study skills like Minnie has, and a surprise quidditch victory led by Amy." She knew many folks had hoped for Slytherin's demise over the years, and even though she had never quite understood quidditch, Juniper thought that tidbit made a nice addition to her speech. "In a few moments, we'll no longer have a bewitched ceiling over our heads while we eat, celebrations in our common rooms, late night trips to the kitchens, dips in the lakes, dreaming of adventures in the Forbidden Forest, or encounters with a food fight starting poltergeist, or, at least, I hope not," she stated with a soft laugh. "We'll be off on our own looking for jobs and apartments while trying to find our place in this world that doesn't quite accept us for who we are. If I could leave you with two thoughts, the first one would be that just because we are finishing our education here doesn't mean we will ever stop learning. The second - "never apologize for being yourself." I'd like to turn it over to my Head Boy, er-I mean, our Head Boy, my co-head person, Noel."

Adorah quickly made her way off the platform and slumped in her seat. She couldn't believe everything that happened in such a miniscule time. Her speech was quite short, but in that moment, the Ravenclaw had so many feelings. Was it normal to feel anxious and sad and excited and nauseous and embarassed all at once? Because it's definitely how Adorah felt in the moment. She looked up at Noel and hoped his speech was much better than hers. While Juniper had helped her write the speech, she definitely couldn't do it for her, even though her's would have been much better. She noticed Nadia in the crowd and was thankful at least someone was there for her besides Juniper.

Seven years had been going fast. Now that the graduation was here, it really became reality. From the start of this year until now it had been going through his mind. But he tried to enjoy the year as best as he could. And he had done that. He had enjoyed all the seven years at this incredible place, which had teached him a lot about himself and formed him into the man he now was becoming. But also in his skills he had learned a lot. And last but not least he had made friends he was sure he would have for the rest of his life. It pained him that he and Sully left Chloe alone next year, but he was sure she was in good hands with her other friends. During his school period there were ups and downs, but that seemed to be an normal process. Noel would miss this place a lot, but he was also excited for the future. He hoped that he could achieve his dream where he had worked so hard for. Looking along side him Adorah was standing and he had grown very fond of her. She looked beautiful and he was actually hoping their relationship would develop and they would keep in touch.

As Adorah finished Noel smiled and it was kind of funny and sweet the way she said my headboy. He kind of had an feeling Adorah liked him the way he liked her, so they had to have an conversation about that. As it was his turn he smiled to the headmistress for an moment and to Adorah before looking to the crowd. '' What mixed feelings I have to stand in front of you now. I feel very honered and proud at first. But because of by example all those situations Adorah just listed, it is now final that this speech is an ending of some great seven years. And I'm not an fan of endings. But I won't get too emotional and spare you that.'' He than said with an grin. ''Though it's an special day for us, and something to celebrate as well. Look back at all those great memories we had together. Also the difficult ones, because everyone had got them I'm sure of it.'' Noel than thought at his own heartbreak moments, watching Minnie for an moment in the crowd. People thought he was mister perfect sometimes, but that was just not true. '' But you learn from them and they also form you to the person you are today. We and- you can be proud of what you have achieved, although it's been an personal development or an academical one.'' Noel than took an pause. '' I remember the first day I stepped into Hogwarts. And that feeling has never changed every year I came back. An welcome feeling, an warm bath and.. a second home. Hogwarts isn't just an school to learn magic at. Hogwarts is way more than that. It's been the place where we grew up, learn about ourselfs by the guidence of our professors. And the most important thing.. get to know people and make friends for life. '' He searched for Sully and Chloe and as he spotted them he felt an lump in his throath he needed to swallow away. He sighted and than continued. '' I want to thank all the professors and staff from Hogwarts for making my time - and I think a lot of more the best time of my life. Thanks to Professor Cyndi Kingsley in particular for believing in me and give me the opportunity to speak in front of you today. Thanks Sully and Chloe for being the best friends I can have. And Adorah.'' He than looked over to her. '' You are my headgirl and the headgirl. Thanks for working together so nicely.'' He than touched her hand for an moment and smiled. And than looked back at the crowd. '' I wish everyone an great future, and that everyone finds what they feel passioned about to do..'' He than smiled and sighted since this was the ending for real. '' Thank you.'' He than said. He felt he was super emotional, but also satisfied with his speech. He had worked on it hard, but also felt like he just wanted to speak from the heart. And he had. He smiled to Liam and Beaubelle in the crowd who came for him and was glad to see they seemed to be happy for him.

Last edited:
Katherine stood quietly to the side as the two head students gave their speeches, applauding each in turn as they finished and stepped down from the podium to make their way back to their seats. With all said and done, the Headmistress took their place once more to address the hall. "Thank you, Miss Zumwalt and Mr Waldgrave, for those words. To the class of twenty-fifty five - the future is yours - don't be afraid to leave your mark in the history of wizardkind. I look forward to seeing what each of you bring to the wizarding world. Now, let's move on to why we're all here. When I call your name, come up to the stage to receive your diploma." The woman said, taking a moment to look across the sea of faces in front of her, many for the last time. Her eyes dropped to the parchment she held, and she called up the first of many names.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates. You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting their diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

For a long time, Eric never thought he would graduate. He always figured he'd get kicked out before he had the chance, much like he had with muggle schools before Hogwarts. But here he was, he had made it. Somehow. He didn't know if it really mattered, his grades weren't anything to write home about, but at least he had made it. That was something, he supposed. He sat with Minnie, shooting his mum a quick smile where she was sitting with the guests. He ignored his uncle, but hoped his mother was at least happy he had invited him. The thought of her sitting alone had bothered him, so he had reluctantly invited his uncle to graduation even if he didn't care about him at all. He glanced at Minnie and wanted to whisper something to her, but then the headmistress started speaking. He hoped Minnie was doing okay. Everyone knew it should be her up there as head girl, and Eric wondered if it bothered her.

Eric rolled his eyes as Adorah and Noel headed onto the stage, not bothering to look at them as they gave their speeches. Adorah mentioned Minnie and Eric glanced at her again, not surprised he wasn't mentioned. What was she going to say, throw a punch like Eric? He didn't think that was something anyone wanted to remember. The speech wasn't half bad, but when Adorah misspoke and called Noel her head boy, Eric couldn't help the loud snort that escaped him. He half-heartedly attempted to cover it up with a fake cough. He kind of wished he could have kept on fake-coughing during Noel's speech so he wouldn't have had to hear it, but he doubted he could get away with it. He also kind of wanted to boo him, especially when he thanked Professor Kingsley. What a suck-up. But while Eric was pretty sure they wouldn't expel him on his final day, he also didn't want to test the theory. Thankfully, the speech ended soon after and it was time to accept their diplomas. He waited for his name to be called. When it did, Eric headed to the stage and took the diploma from the headmistress silently. He had nothing to say to her, he just wondered vaguely if she was happy to be rid of him. He didn't even think he could blame her if she was. He was smiling slightly as he headed back to his seat, feeling oddly light.

Simon couldn't figure out how he wanted to feel about graduation and so he decided to feel completely indifferent. This day had been looming in the future for so long and now that it was here he was surprised to find it felt just like every other day. But by the end of it he would be a proper adult and completely on his own. He looked into the crowd before he sat down and quickly spotted his sister and brother but he was not surprised to find that his parents were missing. He had invited them and told them when the ceremony was but he hadn't heard any kind of response. If anything he felt bad for his siblings having to deal with that awkwardness. He had hoped they'd keep up pretenses for their sake, he had made his peace with it a while ago. Simon stuck his tongue out at Lila which just made her roll her eyes while Caleb laughed silently next to her. He hoped they would be ok with out him, not that he had been the best brother while they were together.

When the Headmistress began his mind started to wander, but when Adorah came up to speak he actually bothered to listen. When it was Noel's turn he couldn't help but smile as the other boy spoke and hated to admit he was fond of the Gryffindor, even though he thought he could be painfully earnest at times. Just like that it was time for them to get their diplomas and leave. He still had plenty of time to wait with his surname and he started to get sentimental. Simon had hoped to avoid that but as his classmates went up and shook hands, he felt oddly at peace. This part of his life was over and he was grateful, but he also had to recognize just how formative it had been for him. He had been sorted at a completely different school and yet ended up on the other side of the world graduating. He had been so angry at his father and the world, but it all seemed so trivial now that their real life was about to begin. When his name was called he smiled and waved just like everybody else. Going through the motions and ready for what was to come next.

Emily had been looking forward to this graduation, eager to get out of this school and away from everything. She hadn't bothered inviting anyone to graduation. Ava had just had the twins, and Kami and her father had the twins and Calliope to worry about. She hadn't bothered inviting Arthur either, not thinking it would matter to him either. She sat quietly in her chair, not really caring for either of the head-people and not bothering to clap. By placement of her name, she was called before anyone that mattered to her. Well, almost anyone. She smiled warmly and actually clapped for Minnie as she was called up.

Emily was quiet as she was called. She held her head high, acting like she hadn't a care in the world as she crossed the stage for her diploma. She gave a very brief smile to the headmistress before turning and returning to her seat. She sat back down, crossing her legs. She clapped again as each of her friends were called. Eric was the first.

When Sydney was called, however, Emily couldn't help the sharp stab of longing that went through her. Sydney looked beautiful. For a moment, Emily could swear their eyes met, and worried Sydney had seen the sadness and yearning in her eyes, Emily quickly looked away, carefully composing herself back into a more poised and calm manner.

She clapped one last time as Daintree was finally called across the stage, offering him a genuine smile. At least she knew he would always be someone she could rely on. She waited for the ceremony to finish, imagining her future with Daintree as she sat there. She would work at the bookstore, and perhaps pick up a second job, and have Daintree sharing the flat with her. He was only her friend of course, as would he ever be, but the thought of having someone at her side, at least, comforted her.

This was it. This was the end. Ren almost couldn't believe it was really here. No more napping in the tower windows, no more lazing about in the sun, the stones of the castle warm against his skin. No more curling up with Sam in the student lounge, or listening to Sully or Eric in the dorm rooms. He felt almost melancholy as he listened to the head peoples speeches, clapping for each of them and clapping politely for the students that were called.

He tried to clap louder for Emily, even though he knew she probably didn't care. He clapped the loudest, though, for Sam, even whooping a little to show his support. He gave her his biggest, warmest smile. He really did love her. Just watching her move across the stage made his heart swell. He hoped they would stay strong after school. He was so caught up in thoughts of her that he hardly paid attention to his own name, almost missing it completely. He jumped out and hurried over, giving the headmistress a warm smile before returning to his seat.

This was it. It was actually Graduation, and Samantha really couldn't believe that she had made it this far. The girl wouldn't admit it, but she was actually sad to be leaving this place. She knew that she would feel odd about not returning to Hogwarts next year. Her brother would be graduating next after her. Samantha had enjoyed her time at Hogwarts, she had made many friends and acquaintances, as well as made so many memories. She got the opportunity to be the president of Heta Omega and also having the opportunity to be Prefect which she was super grateful for. Samantha was glad that she was going to graduate with the people around her. Including her cousin, her boyfriend and her friends. She had invited her dad and her older brother to her graduation and was happy that they could attend and make it.

It wasn't long before the graduation began. She paid attention to the speeches, especially to her friend's speech. Her eyes slightly widened being mentioned in her friend's speech and sent an encouraging smile Adorah's way. She clapped when each speech had ended. When they were all over, it had then been the graduate's turn to walk across the stage and received their diploma. Samantha let out a shaky breath and it wasn't long till her name was called and she quickly but nervously made her way across the stage, slightly blushing at her boyfriend's cheer, sending a small wave to him as well as her close friends and family members, before quickly making her way back to her seat. Samantha had made sure to cheer and clap loudly for her friends and cousin. Samantha really couldn't believe that it was the end. It was like an end of an era.

Jarica fist time was gradution and she walked closer and first time trying speak from her heart. But she looked around and hoped seen her dad but she didn't see him and she make feel a little sad but she hoped that she find the right words. ''I first time walked Hogwarts and i was reading all books about Hogwarts history. I was happy and so much proud sorted to Gryffindor house. It was all my time home here and i was happy. I wanted tell so much to professor Cyndi Kingsley about that she always was here where i was need it when it was hard time and all professors.'' Jarica smiled and she talked about more @Professor Cyndi Kingsley and she was so proud that she was with her in gryffindor house. It was strange that soon be end here and she will be missed shcool and her friends.

Ireland sat on her chair containing her happiness as the Headgirl and Headboy spoke about their speeches. Today is the day she gets to start a new chapter in her life. In her hands are papers that will secure her future. A diploma from her muggle school stating she had graduated and passed all her subjects. And an acceptance letter from MIT School of Science. The Hufflepuff thought that she wouldn’t get in from the long waiting process.

But she made it. All she needed to think about is her studies and how to impress NASA so she can do an internship with them. Astrophysics has always intrigued her. The galaxy intrigues her. As the speeches were done and the handing of diplomas started, she waited patiently for her name to be called out. Turning to look where the guest sat from time to time. Her family was there to celebrate with her and she couldn’t more satisfied. Once her name was called, Ireland stood up from her chair and walked up to the stage to get her diploma. The girl waved her diploma to her family. Ireland returned to her seat and waited for the last students to get their own.

There is no greater education than one that is self-driven
-Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysicist

This was a very strange and surreal day, Aisa felt a bit like she was dreaming. Her life the past seven years had been almost entirely centered at Hogwarts, and now that was about to be over. There was still a small part of her that was marveling that she was graduating from a magical school. She had, of course, gotten used to the idea of magic years ago. But it still felt a little strange and almost a little silly to think she was a graduated professional witch now. Aisa had the strange urge to laugh but suppressed it. Despite her strange feelings about the whole thing, Aisa also felt like she was pretty much ready to leave Hogwarts. Her last year here had been pretty miserable. Some distance from some of her classmates would probably be good, as well as something new to sink her teeth into. Aisa forced herself to focus when the head boy and girl headed onto the stage, still feeling a pang of sadness at the sight of Adorah. She was pretty sure Adorah had looked at her briefly, but she looked away. Aisa couldn't blame her, they hadn't really talked lately. It was one of the things Aisa regretted. The Ravenclaw started her speech and Aisa was startled to hear herself be mentioned. But what startled her, even more, was when Adorah slipped up and called Noel hers. Aisa had heard rumors about the two, she supposed they were true. Noel all but confirmed it. While she thought Adorah could do a lot better, Aisa tried to feel happy for her. It wasn't easy. Thankfully, names were quickly being called and Aisa's attention went to her classmates who accepted their diplomas one by one. It wasn't long until her own name was called, and Aisa stood up and headed to the stage, quietly accepting her diploma. This still didn't feel entirely real, but she felt a small burst of pride as she looked at her name on the paper. She returned to her seat to watch the rest of the ceremony.

Hattie had been excited to graduate ever since she finally figured out what she wanted to do with herself after Hogwarts. It had been a long journey, and Hattie was sad to leave it all behind, but she was looking forward to gaining more knowledge and experience once she left and could focus on what she really enjoyed. She was thankful for all of the memories and all of the support she had received from her friends and her professors. The Ravenclaw entered the Great Hall with the rest of her year group, taking her assigned seat and waiting for the graduation ceremony to begin. Looking around, she spotted her father who she couldn’t help but beam at, and waved over to him, as well as her Aunt Georgiana, who had always been supportive of her. She was very grateful for them and was happy that they were going to finally watch her graduate.

As the ceremony began, the Headmistress addressed everyone before passing on to the Head People. First up was Adorah, and Hattie listened to her speech carefully. It was nice of her to refer to others, however Hattie couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed that she wasn’t one of them. Nonetheless, Hattie still hoped that the pair of them were good friends, and even though Hattie would be living with Samantha instead of her, she hoped that they would still be able to keep in close contact. Next was Noel, and Hattie listened to his speech too and smiled as he also referred to his friends. There were such nice people in her year group and she was happy for that. Soon enough, the Headmistress was calling everyone’s name to come up and collect their diploma. When Hattie’s name was called, she was quick to step up onto the stage, shaking the professors hand before then turning around to wave at her father and her aunt again. She was just very excited to finally be in the spotlight. It had been a great year for her and she couldn’t wait to continue her life after Hogwarts. Hopefully it would lead to something big.

Shale knew she should be feeling all kinds of things about her graduation. Loss, fondness, nerves for the future. But she just... didn't. Maybe it would all sink in after the ceremony, once everything was wrapped up for good. But right now... it just felt like another day. Just like every other major change in her life since her parents' death - things happened to Shale, not because she made them happen, and she couldn't bring herself to really have any feelings about them anymore. She sat in silence as the Head People spoke, glaring loudly at Noel out of solidarity with Eric, though she couldn't even really remember a single thing about what the boy was like. Maybe it was that disconnect that was taking away the day's impact - she hadn't been back at Hogwarts long enough to really have feelings about many of the people she would be leaving behind. She would miss... Eric, Sully, Aisa... Poppy... It was a short list, and only one name really gave her pause. She knew Poppy was here with the rest of the prefects, and also knew this might... be the last time she saw the Ravenclaw. She could hardly go hover around her at school dances anymore. That was sad, more so really than anything else about today.

She sat quietly as her classmates began taking their turns across the stage, occasionally sneaking glances at Poppy and wondering if she would be able to catch a quick word with her once the ceremony was over. It felt wrong, to just... leave everything unsaid. Felt... cowardly. Better to get it all out there, and if Poppy didn't feel the same... well, it wasn't like they would have to worry about awkward encounters going forward. She was distracted from those thoughts when her name was called and she stood up sharply, fists clenched as she made her way to the stage. Shale had never enjoyed a ton of attention, and the thought of having the eyes of the whole school on her was a nauseating one. She only glanced out to the audience for a second as she took to the stage, shocked to see Jasper of all people here. She hadn't spoken to her cousin in years, certainly hadn't invited him to her graduation, but.... there he was. Shale clenched her jaw and looked away, trying not to think about her contentious relationship with Jasper as she quietly accepted her diploma and returned to her seat, eyes downcast. Just like that, a certified adult, her youth done and dusted for good. She knew this meant change, but looking down at the diploma in her hands, all Shale felt was empty.

Sydney had never been more excited for a school event than today. All she had to do was sit through a little extra pageantry and she was free for the rest of her life. She'd jumped through all the ridiculous hoops the school and its inhabitants could throw at her and soon she'd finally be free of it all. No more professors or prefects dictating what she could do or learn, just her and all the wits she'd scraped together herself.

Her good mood even levied her through the slew of speeches as the Headmistress and head people simpered on. She did appreciate Adorah's acknowledgement in her speech, though Noel's made her grimace with how saccharine it was. Thank Merlin she wasn't going to end up looking back on this place with the thick sugar coating it seemed half her classmates would be. How dull to imagine you peaked in school. Next she just hate to wait for her name to be called, crossing her arms for most of the ceremony, only deigning to clap for a few notable people like Simon or Samantha, before finally it was her turn. She took the diploma wordlessly from Professor Alicastell, leveling her an even, sharp gaze as she did before walking back to her, her whole future finally, finally grasped in her hands.

It was weird to think so many years of Sully's life had been leading up to this moment, and at the same time it felt just like any other time he'd walk into the Great Hall. Sure, it was decked out pretty differently, and Sully couldn't help but grin seeing his family mixed in amongst the other guests around the hall. While he'd admittedly been doing his best not to dwell too hard on what today meant in regards to things ending, it was still fun to get to share a bit of his magical life with his parents and Sia while they were here and Sully tried to focus on that and not on the awareness that so many things were coming to an end today.

He made a point to hoot as the head people took to the stage, especially Noel, grinning as they got into their speeches and Adorah gave him a little shout out, making sure to clap and aw in the appropriate places for Noel's two. Sully was definitely taking credit for the Noel and Adorah thing, try and stop him. It was pretty funny to think this was maybe the last time he'd see some of his classmates for a long time as they began to cross the stage for their diplomas, making sure to make as much noise as possible for his roommates, Amy, Aisa, and Jarica. Sully was detirmined to keep in contact with as many friends as he could, but unlike his primary and intermediate school back home, it wasn't like they all lived just down the road. His classmates would likely be scattered all over the place and Sully couldn't help but find the idea both equally sad and exciting. He could do whatever he wanted now, magic had given him that much for his future, and despite Sully's returning misgivings over what he was leaving behind, it became easier and easier to ignore as his name was finally called and he grabbed his diploma, lifting it up in the air in victory before hopping down from the stage to rejoin his classmates one last time.

Michael was rather surprised he'd made it to graduation. While school had always been great, his grades hadn't been, and his parents had made it clear that they'd give him a year to figure things out. Thankfully, that year was going to be full of fun as he explored living on his "own" with a few friends. However, he didn't have to think of later right now and was just prepared for the moment. He was wearing a "disguise," featuring a long white beard that hit the floor and even came equipped with a cane. If Sydney wanted him to grow up... well, he'd thought he'd play into her ideas one last time. At least, for the moment.

Listening to the speeches proved to be a little boring, but he was glad to see Noel up there showing some Gryffindor pride. Adding a little whistle in response to Noel's flirting, he put on his monocle, waiting to be called to stage. Once his name was heard, Michael took his time, trying not to slip on the beard but also exaggerate his movements. Once he made it to the Headmistress, Michael took his diploma, giving her a slow, "painful" nod of thanks before walking past her and dropping the old man act. He hit a button on the cane as he pointed it in the air with confetti shooting out and everywhere. From behind the beard, he had two cans of Silly String and sprayed them up, watching as it hit a few students in the front row. Catching Sydney's eye for a moment, he winked at her before proudly taking his seat back with the other graduates.

Padme was quite eager to graduate, she'd specifically come back to this Hogwarts so she could graduate with the people she'd spent six of her seven years of schooling with. The teen had thoroughly enjoyed being back and amongst things that were familiar, though she had loved too the time away. Being at the other Hogwarts had really put in perspective for Padme how vast the magical world really was, how she needed to see more of it, wanted to see more of it. Padme didn't have high goals for leaving school, she wouldn't be leaving with too many grades to her name, but she had things she wanted, places she wanted to go. People she was keen to see. It had been nice to come back, but she could also admit it was nice that she didn't have to think too much more about classes and exams. She was thankful for the end of the semester, thankful to be able to now relax and celebrate in hers and others victories.

Padme had invited her two siblings to her graduation, she knew that Leia would've been able to come anyway with her being a prefect, but Padme had wanted Vader there too. She didn't plan on sticking around new Zealand long and this would be a good opportunity to see them both. Padme knew that it would've been nice for her parents to come along, but alas they couldn't. Padme was in amongst her peers as the head mistress spoke. She then looked to the head boy and girl as they spoke. She found herself grinning lightly at Adorah's speech, finding it almost cute about her little slip. Noel's speech was good too, it was what she'd expected they'd both say really. Padme applauded loudly for them and for the students whose names were called before her. It was the end of a chapter for all of them, and something they did together. When her name was called she stepped forward and crossed the stage, thanking the head mistress seriously before continuing off the stage to the now fading applause for herand growing applause for the next person. It hadn't been perfect, her time at school, but it had been good.

Daintree had been looking forward to this for months. Since it had really become on the horizon for him he'd been eager for it. Hogwarts had been a good many things for him, the complete upheavel of his life, where one plan had gone so far out the window he was sure it was orbiting the planet. But it was at an end, he was at the point where he wouldn't be coming back, and he was able to get started on his adult life. He hadn't found a calling or passion, nothing in the magical world had really ever called out to him as he thought it might. Perhaps it was just that he'd come to it a bit late, that he'd only begun enjoying magic when he'd started doing quidditch seriously. Sports had always been a strong suit of his but he wasn't sure he wanted to do that. He could probably find a team to play for, but everything could be decided later, and even though that later was very soon, daintree would continue to put it off.

He'd dressed smartly for the graduation, keen to at least make a good impression. This was his final school event and he felt like he just needed to try one last time and then he was unlikely to see most of these people ever again. Not unless he had to. Well, apart from Jarica, maybe Jenna, Emily, maybe Sydney if she was in a good mood, perhaps Sully. But he wasn't planning on ever coming back. He was done with his education, getting his bit of paper and planning to at least lazy about till his next step. Daintree sat down, at the tail end of students and watched proceedings get started. He knew how this went, he'd be one of the last names, but he wasn't that bothered there was no one here for him. Daintree listened to the speeches, laughing quietly a little at Adorah's and finding Noel's a little sentimental for his tastes, but he politely cheered loudly for both, since they did deserve it.

Names began being called forward, and he applauded for people, loudly for Emily and a few of his other friends. Eventually he stepped forward to his name. He crossed the stage with all sense of purpose, a confident stride and he got his paper. he didn't linger, moving quickly, since he was sure people just wanted this to be done, and in fairness, so did he. But soon it was over, done with, and he was surprised that he felt at least a little sad, he would miss some elements of school.

Minnie walked into the great hall for her graduation, knowing that this was not how she'd expected to graduate. Despite everything she had written to her parents, inviting them to the graduation. She knew they wouldn't come, but knowing that hadn't stopped her from reaching out and it didn't make their snub feel any better. Minnie knew this whole thing would feel odd, that she would be in equal parts, happy, relieved, sad and pensive. Hogwarts had been both kind to her and not. She knew it wasn't the school's fault, but she knew that for a long time after this day was over she'd associate a lot of the bad things in her teen years with the school. Minnie had arrived with high standards, high hopes, high goals and a family and left with a muddled goal, high hopes, unsure goals and no family. Minnie spotted Eric and sat with him, spotting his family in the crowd. The no family was a bit of lie, she had eric, and by proxy his family, his mother who had opened her arms to her in a way Minnie didn't think her own parents would've ever.

Minnie smoothed down the skirt of her dress as her gaze from the crowd of parents, teachers and students to the front. Minnie didn't know why but seeing the podium up front, make her eyes well with tears. Minnie had purposefully worn water proof mascara so that she wouldn't have to worry about her make up running. She wasn't even sure what had u[set her about it, but perhaps despite all of the things which had happened in her life at school, she would miss it. She wouldn't mind the late nights or the intense study sessions, but she would miss the comfort and the stability. Her life outside had been slowly peeling away over the years, long before she hadn't gotten prefect, but Hogwarts was always a place to come back to. She watched the headmistress step forward and Minnie reached to take Eric's hand, leaning into him slightly. She hadn't achieved what she'd wanted to when she'd been sorted, but she had Eric. She knew not everyone understood, but to Minnie, Eric had always been the most genuine person and she enjoyed being able to be herself with him.

The ravenclaw, soon to be former ravenclaw, watched Adorah step forward and speak. She knew she had been less than gracious to her dormmate since fifth year. It was just that things seemed to come to her with an ease that Minnie didn't have. She felt her cheeks redden at being named, knowing that it was a true statement, but feeling odd about only being remembered for her studying. Minnie wondered what her schooling, her school time would've been like, if her parents hadn't had such a strong plan for her, hadn't prewritten the path she was to follow. Would she possibly still have been remembered for her studying or could've have been for being fun. It was wrong to dwell on what couldn't be changed, but Minnie felt if there was ever a time to allow herself such an indulgence, it would now. Minnie's eyes widened slightly at Adorah's slip up and glanced to Noel. Minnie knew Adorah would be good for Noel. It was the sort of person Noel deserved. Minnie leaned her head against Eric's shoulder, she had never loved Noel in the same way she loved Eric. Minnie knew Noel was talking about their break up in the mention of the bad things. Minnie just lifted her head and kissed Eric lightly on the cheek. The speeches concluded and names began being called.

Minnie made sure no lipstick was on Eric's cheek as they stood up to get diploma's. Minnie applauded her fellow students, would do so as loudly as politness would allow for for Eric and her few friends. She brushed down her dress, making sure her hair was sitting right as she was called up. She crossed the stage, a feeling not unlike the first time she'd done this. It was finally over. She had worked hard, impossibly hard for seven years and it was done with the shake of a hand. There were moments, people, things she would cherish forever from her time at school and lots of moments she would rather forget entirely, but it was all said and done, and she could close firmly the chapter of her life at the school and move forward, pathing a path that she decided enitrely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back