Open Y37 Club Fair

Casper was not sure of this, not even a little bit, but after his talk with Hunter he somehow was sure this could be his year. He needed to step out, be braver, and there was one way he could think of that might help him build self confidence. He walked into the hall alone, trying not to panic. He felt so shy, so nervous. It took him a moment to find the table he wanted, and he waited a bit away from it for what seemed like forever before he saw a moment where he could step up. "H-hello," He stuttered, blushing and fidgeting with his hands. "Can, can I, um, is it alright, I mean, may I please sign up?" He finally managed, running a hand through his hair and staring down at his shoes.

@Abian Hunter

Another younger boy approached them to sign up and Sydney was pleased they were getting some new interest. She liked to think it wasn't anything to do with Tyler's pointless signs and decorations either. "Sure, put your name down here," She said, passing the boy a sign up sheet and glancing up when an older student joined them as well. "I don't recognize you," She said, squinting at him. She knew most of her classmates and she didn't know this one. Still, she slid him a sign up sheet, eying him dubiously.
@Ignatius Ward @Michael Newton

Michael made a face at the girl and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm new so that's probably why. My name's Michael," he said, sticking out his hand towards the girl. "You did awesome during the duel," he made sure to include. Thankfully, the girl let him sign-up, which he made sure to do, and then went to look around for his other club table. "Thanks!" he called as he walked towards the Brotherhood. He wasn't sure if he would truly enjoy it, but he figured he'd give a year and then just drop out if not. "Is there where we sign up?" he asked the boy at the table.

@Sydney Townsend @Abian Hunter

Lily smiled dull, she felt a little guilty to leave but it was just what she wanted to do. With that handled off she headed over to the SDA stall, she saw a girl who participated in the deul and smiled at her " Hi, If like to sign up " Lily said
@Sydney Townsend

Simon didn't want to be at the Club Fair, for one thing being in a room full of first years was possibly his least favorite way to spend an afternoon. But here he was, because for some reason Abian had decided he was a good choice for Social Chair. The idea was truly laughable, he could hardly be considered popular and he had barely any friends. But it wasn't like he could say no. After all maybe having some kind of title with in the club would prove to his father he wasn't a total failure after all. Simon nodded and gave Abian a tight smile as he walked up the Brotherhood table. He noticed that there were already boys trying to sign up and he tried his best to turn on the charm. "Yes it's all very fun." he said enthusiastically as the older boy explained about the club. "Sure you can. You just have to sign your name." he told a particularly nervous boy who walked up to the table. "It's really very easy." he added. @Abian Hunter @Casper Beckett

Casper blushed as another cute boy told him he could sign up. He nodded nervously, stepping over and very carefully signing his name. "Thank you," he murmured, before standing and taking a deep breath. "I'm Casper!" He announced, his voice cracking a bit as he held out his hand.

@Simon Thorne

Josh looked around at the club fair unsure of what he wanted to join, he saw a group of boys around one stall and heard there to see what club they were interested in. When he got closer he could see that it was a club for just boy's and since he was a boy he decided to join " Hey, I wanna join too " he told one of the older students who seemed to be in charge or something
@Abian Hunter

Jennifer looked around at every single stall before deciding which ONE she would join, she wasn't a boy so no brotherhood club, she wasn't into gardening so no wild patch club, she wasn't allowed to duel so no SDA this year, she didn't have enough motive to write for the Monthly so no HM, but she was a girl and the Heta Omega seemed fun. Jenny walked to the older Gryffindor and smiled " He there. I'm Jennifer. Call me Jenny. I'd like to sign up and I'd like to know what the club does please " she said in her way too loud voice
@Cyzarine Haden

Cyzarine glanced at the next girl who approached the stall and asked what Heta Omega was like. She thought about the question for a moment, it wasn't like questions about what they did or what sort of events that they had, it was more about what it was like. "Heta Omega, is kind of like having a bunch of sisters, you'll be close to some of them and not others. This year, under my leadership, I'm hoping to do a lot in regards to women supporting women, holding each other up and understanding different life experiences, from all walks of life and womanhood." she said. Hoping that would be a good enough pitch. But as another girl approached, she handed her a form, "It is," she said, "Take a cookie if you want one!" Cyzarine then looked to the next girl who turned up. "Hi, I'm Cyzarine, president of Heta Omega," she said before nodding, she passed over a sign up sheet to Jenny, "So, things vary from year to year but this year, we're starting with the traditional first meeting, where everyone gets either a big or little sister depending on the year group they are in. Then I'm hoping to do a talk with Professor Kingsley about her experiences and then there might be a little thing with the brotherhood," she hoped that would interest her enough to join and the first girl who'd never stated how interested she was.

Sydney was still dubious of this new 5th year, Michael, but she let him sign up, nodding slowly as he introduced himself. At least he was smart enough to try and get in her good graces, so she let it slide for the time being, turning to the next girl who approached the booth to sign up. "Just add your name here," She said to her, tapping the sign up sheet with a finger.
@Lily Harbour

Elara wrote her name down on the paper for Heta Omega and took a cookie from the girl that offered. "Thanks," she said and continued munching on her cookie as she moved around the courtyard. She noticed the table labeled for the Wild Patch and walked up to it, admiring the plants. "Hi, what do you guys do here at the Wild Patch?" she asked one of the boys at the table.

@Elliot Briar @William Kaimarama

Elliot gave William a sheepish smile as he muttered about Lily leaving. He was disappointed to lose a club member too, but hopefully they'd have a few new people sign up this year, so he tried not to take it personally. He smiled as another girl approached the booth, straightening up. "Hi! Uh, With the Wild Patch we like to encourage respecting and interacting with nature. We have a greenhouse and patch out on the school grounds and host a lot events revolving around caring for the environment," He explained. "Club members are also welcome to come help out in the greenhouse or garden whenever they'd like as well," Elliot added, nodding to a few of the various plants the club had been growing that were set around the booth. @Elara Chatelain

Elara thought the boy's explanation of the club sounded fun. "Ooooh!" she squealed. "I'd love to sign-up. I can use all the excuses to be outside." She jotted down her name on the sheet and gave the boy a wave.
"Can't wait for our first meeting!"

Elara walked around the courtyard a little more, trying to decide if she wanted to join the yearbook. It seemed like something she would like to be a part of, but she was worried that two clubs plus classes might be a little much. She could always join next year if she found she had extra time. She skipped out of the courtyard as she finished her Heta Omega cookie.

Seraphina didn't want to sign up for any clubs. They seemed like a waste of time, and she really didn't care. However, her grandmother had encouraged her to do something useful with her time this year so she wnated to be able to tell her she did as she wished. She knew her grandmother was getting up in there in years and didn't want her to leave disappointed. Crossing her arms, she walked up to the SDA area and shrugged. "I guess I'm here to sign up," she said, staring at the two leaders.

@Sydney Townsend @Tyler Lee

River knew she had to sign up for a club. Your sister did plus it will look good on your resume. her mother’s voice rang through her thoughts as she entered the club fair. River did not care much for thinking about the future, but she knew she was always expected to. However, she did know Hogwarts had a school paper, a chance for her to show off her journalism skills. The issue was Emmaline was already part of the club, which did make River worry she would be lost in the cracks or worse outshine her sister.

The young Slytherin girl walked around the fair looking at all her options. She knew in her heart what she wanted to sign up for but other clubs certainly looked tempting. Could she sign up for more than one? The young girl did not know. But she thought best to go with her heart, her instincts.

River wandered over to the Hogwarts monthly booth, her hair red as a fire. She smiled kindly at the older student running the booth, almost bouncing in excitement. She had been a part of her last school paper, but this was somehow different. “I’d love to sign up.” She said to the girl. “I’m going to be a journalist one day.” She said confidently as she looked over the options that the newspaper already had printed, seeing her sisters name. She wondered how Emmaline would feel about this, but honestly this would not stop the determined first year.
@Nell Wright

Another girl stepped towards the booth, her arms crossed, and Sydney raised an eyebrow at her. "You guess?" She said haughtily in response. "No one's making you. But if you actually want to join, the sheet's there," She said, tapping the sign up sheet and crossing her own arms in response. @Seraphina My

Pleased that she'd managed to get her name down while Sydney was distracted, Brooke slunk over to the Heta Omega booth, relieved that this seemed like a far more friendly club. She gave the girls behind the booth a smile before jotting her name down and taking a cookie. "Thanks for the cookie, looking forward to joining the club," She said brightly to the leader, giving her a small wave before heading out of the fair. @Cyzarine Haden

Jordan was running a bit late, sure, but that didn't dampen his mood or his excitement. He came bouncing into the hall, knowing exactly where he was going. He sauntered right up to the brotherhood table, winking at the leaders as he signed his name before ruffling the hair of a shy boy near him and strutting away again, gone as quickly as he had appeared.

@Abian Hunter @Simon Thorne

Seraphina gave a small eyeroll at the girl. "Actually, there kind of is," she mumbled and quickly jotted her name down on the sheet. She didn't want to get into with the girl and just turned on her heels and walked out of the courtyard. Just because she signed up didn't mean she necessarily had to attend the meetings. Although, she was sure her grandmother would check in on that.

Valencia was still always confused with this whole 'Hogwarts' thing. Why the heck did they have a castle as a school? What was so special about this? She was curious as to what clubs they had to offer though. She had heard from her classmates and housemates about this club that had something to do with plants and had thought that would interest her. She then thought about that girl club and thought that would be cool to join also, as it could possibly help her make more friends or something. Valencia had decided to make her way to the plant stall, which she found out was the 'Wild Patch Club' "Hello! Where can I sign up for this awesome club?" Valencia says with a smile, to one of the boys.

@Elliot Briar

Elliot was glad when a few more students stopped by to sign up, pleased that they seemed excited. "Right here," He said as another young Ravenclaw approached the booth, passing her the sign up sheet. "And let us know if you have any questions, too," He added. @Valencia Addington

Valencia smiles as she signs her name on the sign-up sheet. She says a quick 'thank you' to the boy, before moving onto the next stall which was the girl club she had thought about joining. "Hello! Where can I sign up for this club?" She asks one of the girls behind the booth. Valencia wanted to get the signing up for clubs over and done with but was still happy that she managed to sign up for one club.

@Elliot Briar @Cyzarine Haden

Simon wasn't expecting much from the shy boy and was a little shocked when he introduced himself and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you Casper." he said slowly, unsure how to react. "Welcome to the club." he added, not wanting to move or act too quickly incase he spooked easily like a woodland creature. Thankfully another boy came up and wanted to join, giving him an excuse to move on. "Good to know. Just sign your name right here." he instructed and pointed the boy to the sign up sheet. Suddenly there was another boy, and Simon wondered where they were even coming from at this point. Except this one winked at him, confused he simply narrowed his eyes in response and looked at him impassively. @Casper Beckett @Josh Smith @Jordan Harris

Lily nodded and smiled at the girl, signed her name and turned to look around some more

Josh nodded and scribbled his name onto the paper, then he realised that he could probably make a few new friends or whatever at the fair so he turned to the boy next to him and said " Hi, I'm Josh "

@Jordan Harris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back