Winter Werewolf

S

I am going to withhold my vote until we have more to go off of.

One letter at a time is so hard hahaha WHAT DOES S MEAN

So unless I'm misreading, I think Jesse is claiming Seer? Interesting.

I've been thinking about it all day, and I had a thought about Jesse's first nighttime visit.
Each night she casts a ritual on one of the townspeople to discover whether or not they are the seer.
It could be a reference to this line? The Sorceress visiting Jesse to do a seer detecting ritual? That's the only thing in any of the roles other than the Bodyguard (which is obviously ruled out) that I could see fitting the flavour text, since in-fiction I would assume the Seer just Sees roles, and the Fool is just guessing. That would be wild luck for team Wolf, both the Wolves and the Sorceress managing to nail the Seer the first night. (Unless, of course, Jesse was the Fool.)

All that rambling aside, I do think it's more urgent to vote on the first day in a game with so few people and such a proportionately high amount of Team Wolf players. I'll withhold my vote for now in case anything else comes out/to give Emzies a chance to defend herself, but I do agree with Claire that it seems important to get the ball rolling rather than let the wolves pick us off.

Claire you better not be a wolf though IM WATCHING YOU

S? What is S? I've been trying to think about it too but I don't think I know enough about this game to be able to make a correct assumption xD

Rowan, I think you could be right, but I also have no idea who to vote for and I don't want to just vote for anyone in case they have a helpful role. I will withhold my vote for now.

I'm fairly confident that the S is Jesse claiming that he was the Seer. It's the same green as Seer is in the original rules post, and I believe he did the same thing in the last game where he wound up the Ghost. There are no other green roles that begin with S, and if he wanted to indicate one of the people in the game whose username begins with S, he probably would have coloured it to match their usergroup. (Seren, Sara, Stefan, and Samuel are all in different usergroups) Taking the colour into account, I think Seer is the only thing he can have been trying to indicate.

I agree with Rowan that Jesse is probably telling us he was the seer. There doesn't seem to be any other reason he would use the same green from the first post.

I also agree that it's important to get the ball rolling and cast votes, but I'm not sure who to vote for yet because not much has been said and I don't want to risk jumping on a bandwagon in case we lose a villager or someone else with a useful role :erm: I think I'm just going to withhold for now, and vote later, depending on what happens.

I've read the comments and will also withhold voting for anyone at this stage.

Okay, so if Jesse was the seer, then that's a raw deal on night one :doh:

Anyhoo, I do think we should vote on the first day and since we haven't very much to go on, I shall vote later in the day. Usually I just pick randomly, but I see no point in creating a tie, so I'll check in later and hopefully something hugely compelling will happen, but again, day one blues.

okay so let me get this right with 11 players we have

Villager - x3
#Werewolf - x2
#Seer - x1
#Fool - x1
Mayor - x1
Apprentice - x1
but could turn into a wolf
#Bodyguard - x1
#Sorceress - x1

Ghost - x1 - second role for person

those coloured green are on the vilage side, whose coloured red are on the wolf side and those with a # at the start are night roles.

i think you are along the right track with the S. it could mean that jesse was the seer or the fool. and if our first visitor was the apprentice we may still have our seer/fool. alternatively it could be a bluff but at this stage, i am not thinking that is the case.

at the moment only 1 vote has bee cast by Clare (professor Monty) for Emzies (stefan archer)
as there is no random lynching unless there is a clear vote. would it make sense for someone (and I don't mind volunteering, or someone can vote fore me) to cast another vote and make it a tie (unless Clare is the mayor) but I would think it would imagine if someone has a double vote they wouldn't be the first person to throw one down.

Edit: third time to try and get the colours to work.

Last edited:
I don't think it makes sense to force a tie at this stage. If the village doesn't begin lynching people early we wind up with no information to go on, and the wolves just pick us off one by one slowly. Tying the vote or refusing to vote early on has killed the entire village off in several previous games. Lynching is the only way we can win, even with no information to go off this early on, and while we do run the risk of wolves manipulating the lynches, if we don't act all that will happen is the wolves picking us off slowly until there are too few villagers left to vote for them. With 3 team wolf players and 7 team village players remaining, time is very much of the essence.

I'm about to go to bed, so I'm going to add my vote for Stefan Archer, to help avoid a tie. (Sorry Emzies)

I don't think it makes sense to force a tie at this stage. If the village doesn't begin lynching people early we wind up with no information to go on, and the wolves just pick us off one by one slowly. Tying the vote or refusing to vote early on has killed the entire village off in several previous games. Lynching is the only way we can win, even with no information to go off this early on, and while we do run the risk of wolves manipulating the lynches, if we don't act all that will happen is the wolves picking us off slowly until there are too few villagers left to vote for them. With 3 team wolf players and 7 team village players remaining, time is very much of the essence.
This is exaaactly why I vote now!! Nobody gets anywhere if you don't vote, it's the only way to make progress during the day because otherwise there's nothing to go on =))

I agree, Jesse must have been the seer or fool D:

Votes so far:

Stefan Archer: II

You have a little less than 3 hours to continue voting.

interesting thought but if the ghost had a night power (by that I am mainly thinking seer fool or sorcerer) would they still be able to use it come night?

I am going to vote to lynch Ainsley lynch (Rowan)
because the name is just asking for it (Okay joking)

So, my thoughts a wise werewolf would never cast the first vote. - the reason they are not going to obviously pick their one other ally and get them lynched day one. (possibly this would be a good technique if there were more wolves but with two it is asking for trouble) at the start of the game, a wolf would probably jump onto the bandwagon and follow someone else's idea (so long as the one picked is not a wolf) it would reduce suspicion around them and convince others to vote off villagers.
like I said, fairly flawed reasoning, and I know if emzies is lynched and was a wolf I can kiss my ass goodbye tomorrow. but there are my thoughts.

also, you don't want to know how many times it took me to spell ally, i resorted to asking Siri.

interesting thought but if the ghost had a night power (by that I am mainly thinking seer fool or sorcerer) would they still be able to use it come night?
Nope, they're just the ghost and their powers are communicating with one letter a day :p They are still dead, so like any other role that dies, they stop using their role.

EDIT: Votes:

Stefan Archer: II
Ainsley Lynch: I

Confused and upset by the death in their midst, the town was quickly split in two camps who argued fiercely with one another. One part of the town wanted to see someone hang, while another group cautioned against such an action so quickly and wanted to wait. In the end, the first group won, and picked a person at to kill, hoping to get rid of a wolf hiding among them. Stefan Archer died at the hands their fellow villagers, even though they were an innocent villager themselves. Dismayed, the other townsfolk retreated for the night, closing and locking their doors. But would that be enough to keep the wolves out? Or would they find another body in the morning?

IT IS NIGHT
All night roles have 24 hours to PM me with their actions.

As the sun rose, the townspeople rose with it. They cautiously opened their windows and doors, then stepped outside to see the damage of the night. Tracks in the snow soon led them to the house of the one person that hadn't gotten up this morning. Daisy Parker had fallen victim to the beasts during the night, and her body was a reminder to the other villagers that they were not safe as long as the wolves hid among them.

IT IS DAY
You now have 24 hours to decide who, if anyone, to lynch.

O dear :( (and sorry Emzies)

Hmmm so this time the wolves went for someone who hasn't been chatting much. Mia has an interesting theory about Rowan because wolves have been the second/third/fourth people on the lynching bandwagon in the past, but that's not enough of a reason for me to want to vote for him right now. I could just as easily be a wolf cause I was the one to start the bandwagon =))

But I also don't really have any other theories HAHA, so I'll wait and see what everyone else is thinking.

Well dang it. Sorry Emzies.

With regards to Mia's post, while that's a strategy wolves have used in the past, and I knew it would make me suspicious, I only backed up Claire's vote when there was the risk of the tie, because as I said, ties kill us. I wouldn't have voted at all if Mia hadn't threatened to tie the vote, and part of me wonders if it was a particularly clever wolf tactic, threatening to tie the vote but not actually doing it, to bait someone else into voting and then accuse them of being a bandwagoning wolf. I'm not convinced enough of that theory to vote based on it yet, but it's a possibility.

The wolves choice of target is also pretty interesting. Since they went for Jesse first, I was assuming the day 2 target would be someone else who's usually active on the side of the village. I don't know what to make of them choosing someone quiet. Could just be a tactic to confuse us, could be a random choice, could be a tactic to distract us from a quiet wolf? I don't think there's anyone in the game who hasn't posted at all, but looking through the list I think Maia, Kaye, Anna, and Lovi have been quietest of the people still alive. It's not necessarily damning (and I know Kaye is semi-absent and Anna hasn't been feeling well recently) but seems worth being aware of at least.

I don't really have anything else to say. I'm suspicious of Claire and Mia, but not enough to cast any votes at this point. I'll see how things unfold throughout the day before making any decisions.

I don't think that theres much to be read into who was killed on a "vendetta" basis, I feel like picking off people who haven't spoken much makes sense for the wolves since they then don't create any speculation. What's i mean is, I get it? It's like "Well, if we kill ___ they haven't said anything against us so nobody can suspect us" if that's makes an any sense to other people? In that vein though, using that tactic makes me think think it must be someone who has played before for at least one of the wolves at least, because they would know how the red herrings have gotten the villagers before. I'm heading to bed, but shall check in the morning, this stream of consciousness may not make much sense, but it's been a day and a half in college so my brain is a bit frazzled

I could just as easily be a wolf cause I was the one to start the bandwagon

Not too much to go on at this stage but I am suspicious of Claire/Monty because of this sentence. It sounds like something a wolf would say.

Going on intuition, I have decided to vote for Professor Monty Pendleton.

DANG IT we lost two villagers :(

I don't understand why the wolves killed someone who was quiet since people are often suspicious of those who don't say much. Maybe its some sort of tactic? Or maybe no one was yet suspicious of them so that's why? I'm really confused, but I'm not sure if Claire is a wolf. There's not much to really go off to say she is one other than the fact that she was the first one to vote. I do get Claire's reasoning for voting first. However, I think we're too early in the game to be 100% sure the wolf is or isn't her (if any of that makes sense)

The way I see it, being the first to throw out an actual name and begin the voting would be a foolishly obvious thing for a wolf to do. The problem is that we've played Werewolf enough times now that we all know it would be foolishly obvious, and will often dismiss it as 'well, that would be too obvious for a wolf to do'. So being the first to vote for a villager could be a very smart double bluff for a wolf to do. I don't know if Claire would go for that kind of hiding in plain sight tactic if she were a wolf, but it's possible.

I'm also agreed with Kaye - I don't think what Maia said necessarily makes sense. The village tends to be suspicious of people who are quieter, as the wolves will often adopt the one vocal wolf one quiet wolf tactic. We usually wind up picking off quiet people ourselves first. The wolves can usually rely on the village to target quiet village players for them, and focus on picking off people who've been making accusations against non-wolves, to draw attention further away from themselves and help the quiet wolf avoid the village's wrath.

Right now, I basically suspect everyone, but it's also worth considering that with the numbers as the are, we have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting a team wolf player, even voting randomly. I'll hold on to my vote for the moment and check back in in the evening dang it why is the day/night changeover before i get up in the mornings before casting my vote if necessary to help avoid a tie.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that there's one team village role we have some clues about now. Neither Claire, Mia, or I can be the Mayor, as there were only 3 votes counted in the last lynching.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that there's one team village role we have some clues about now. Neither Claire, Mia, or I can be the Mayor, as there were only 3 votes counted in the last lynching.

The Mayor's vote counts double, that does not mean it shows up as two votes when I count them for a summary of the day's votes.

Oh dang. I was fairly sure we've been able to figure out who the Mayor was by counting votes in previous games. Back to the drawing board I guess haha

EDIT: Well, we can still be sure it's not Mia, since her vote didn't tie with Claire and I.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back