Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
At the last birthday I won the chance to host the next werewolf game in White Elephant, so here it is!

qtDhtUn.gif

Huddle together for warmth and safety, winter is coming, and it brings WEREWOLVES.
Please do not sign up to this game if you're not going to be active on the board during play.
This is a forum variation of the party game "Werewolf"/"Mafia".

The Story
During the harsh winter months, the villagers used to band together and support each other. Food was exchanged, warmth was shared, gifts were given. But that all changed when werewolves came into town, and mingled among them. Nobody knows who to trust anymore, as once loyal neighbors turn against each other. Will the village be able to purge the threat from their midst? Or will the werewolves succeed in tearing them apart?

Wolves: You need to kill all villagers without getting caught.
Villagers: Find and lynch the wolves, trying not to get killed.

How We’ll Play
Signups will begin immediately and close roughly a week from now, or whenever we have enough people to play.
Once signups are closed, every player will be sent a PM with their role in the game and, if needed, instructions on how to play their role.
There are two phases during play.

Day Phase:
During the day, players talk and discuss suspicions as well as vote for who they want to lynch that day from the village. The player who most of the players vote for is killed. Dead players cannot talk during the day. You're allowed to lie all you want, but no player may at any time "prove" their role by sharing the personal message sent to them. It's all in how you talk.

Night Phase:
Everybody goes to sleep - except certain players who go about business at night. Nobody should talk in the topic during night phase.

The Roles:
Villager - Their goal is to survive, and vote out any werewolves among them.
Werewolf - By day, they masquerade as regular villagers, but by night they prowl, and pick off the villagers one by one.
Seer - At night, the seer uses their powers of prediction to discover the role of one of the townspeople.
Fool - This person thinks they are the seer, but instead get random roles for each person they look into.
Mayor - The Mayor’s voice carries more weight, and their vote is counted twice during lynchings.
Apprentice - The apprentice will pick a person to become their role model on the first night. If this person dies, the apprentice adopts their role. It is possible for them to become a wolf in this way.
Bodyguard - Each night, the bodyguard picks a player to protect. If they are attacked by wolves during the night, the bodyguard’s protection guards them. The bodyguard can’t protect the same person two nights in a row.
Ghost - The ghost is a special role, assumed by the first player killed. After dying, their role isn’t revealed. After becoming the ghost, said player may communicate with the living once per day, only one letter at a time. They can use this power to give advice the village or to sow distrust...
Sorceress (at 10 people) At 10 players, the sorceress joins the village. She is on the side of the werewolves, and must be eliminated to ensure a village victory, but she does not know the identity of the wolves, nor do they know hers. Each night she casts a ritual on one of the townspeople to discover whether or not they are the seer.
Diseased (at 12 people) At 12 players, a disease strikes one of the villagers. Should the werewolves kill this suffering individual they will be struck ill by the same ailment, and be unable to kill anyone the following night.
Hunter (at 14 people) At 14 players, the town's werewolf population will have grown to such large numbers that a werewolf hunter will be called in from afar to help alleviate the problem. Upon the hunter's death, be it by the wolves or the village's own hand, their quick gun hand allows them to take one other townsperson with them, for better or worse.
Dire Wolf (at 15 people) At 15 players, one of the many wolves pouring into the village will take a liking to one of the villagers, and bond with them. Should this villager be eliminated by any means, the dire wolf will pass as well. The dire wolf may not reveal their bond mate's identity to the other wolves.
Cupid ( at 16 people) On the first night, Cupid chooses two players to become the lovers. The lovers will be paired together at the start of the game, and if one should be killed, the other will automatically join them.
Animagus (at 18 people) The Animagus is a normal villager, and does not know they are the animagus. But to the seer, they will appears as a wolf, be careful seers!
Additional Wolves - At 11, 15 (the direwolf) and 19 players

Other Notes:
- During the day, please make it very clear who you are are voting to lynch.
- This game is played out of character, so only one account per person. It would be best to keep this account as the one you use for the whole game.
- Due to time zones across the board, each phase will last about 24 hours to give everyone time to plan/plot/discuss/murder.
- There should be no communicating about the game outside of the thread (other than the wolves choosing who to attack)
Thanks to Rowan for helping me pick out roles and adapt them
- Special thanks goes to ElementalAlchemist from IF/ZB Support, who showed that this game could be played on a forum, has worked out a good number of kinks in it, gave us the code to generate game roles and (most graciously) let me copy his summary of each game role from his post in previous games verbatim. Many thanks!

Signups

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Last edited:
Yaaaay werewolf!!!!! :party:

1. Ainsley Lynch

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=rgb(184, 134, 11)]Ainsley Lynch[/COLOR]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Werewolf. :mia: :linda: :woot:

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen

[LIST=1]
[*][color=firebrick]Willow Cullen[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Any idea when you expect to start the game? It'll help me decide if I'll have time to defend myself if I end up a wolf. :p

This looks like fun, sign me up!

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][color=firebrick]Seren Dipity[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Any idea when you expect to start the game? It'll help me decide if I'll have time to defend myself if I end up a wolf. :p
Signups will close in roughly a week as mentioned in the post, and once they do the game will start. It may be a little longer depending on if there are enough people to start the game by then.

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  4. Professor Katherine Alicastell

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][color=midnightblue]Professor Katherine Alicastell[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Wheeee!! If I'm a wolf then I hope you're all ready to lose :devious:

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  5. Professor Monty Pendleton
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)]Professor Monty Pendleton[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

I LOVE WEREWOLF (Though am I very bad at it and almost always wrong)

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  6. Sara Moon

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][color==rgb(147, 101, 184)]Sara Moon [/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

I LOVE WEREWOLF (Though am I very bad at it and almost always wrong)
HAHAH DIS ME

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  6. Sara Moon
  7. Daisy Parker

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][color=rgb(147, 101, 184)]Sara Moon [/color]
[*][color=rgb(147, 101, 184)]Daisy Parker[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  6. Sara Moon
  7. Daisy Parker
  8. Stefan Archer

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*] [color=##800080]Stefan Archer[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  6. Sara Moon
  7. Daisy Parker
  8. Stefan Archer
  9. Charlotte Owens
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*] [color=#800080]Stefan Archer[/color]
[*][class=other_employee]Charlotte Owens[/class]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

This will be fun :D
  1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  6. Sara Moon
  7. Daisy Parker
  8. Stefan Archer
  9. Charlotte Owens
  10. Samuel Phillips
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][class=shopkeepers]Samuel Phillips[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Can someone please put me down)

1. Ainsley Lynch
  2. Willow Cullen
  3. Seren Dipity
  6. Sara Moon
  7. Daisy Parker
  8. Stefan Archer
  9. Charlotte Owens
  10. Samuel Phillips
  11. Rama Mowry
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][class=shopkeepers]Samuel Phillips[/class]
[*][color=mediumblue]Rama Mowry[/color]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Signups are closed!

Thank you to everyone who signed up. I will send out the PMs tonight, and the first night cycle will start tomorrow.

EDIT: All PMs have been sent out! Please check them so you'll be prepared when the game starts.

Last edited:
IT IS NIGHT
All night roles have 24 hours to PM me with their actions.

As the temperature dropped and darkness spread over the village, the people found shelter in their homes. They took comfort in knowing that the daylight would return, but feared that the nights ahead would only grow colder and darker. Not only were they hiding from the biting cold, however. They also feared the biting wolves, as they knew the beasts were on the hunt, and everyone locked their doors and stayed inside, hoping the wolves would skip their house. Protecting themselves first and foremost.

One house wasn't skipped. It was, in fact, visited twice that night. The second visit was a fatal one, and Professor Katherine Alicastell was found dead in the morning. There was no trace of their role in life left behind for the living. What was left behind was a specter, a ghost with unfinished business who could communicate in limited ways with the living townsfolk for guidance and advice, if the villagers trust their word. The villagers gathered together, as they knew they had to fight this threat and make their village safe again...​

IT IS DAY
You now have 24 hours to decide who, if anyone, to lynch.

Note: If no one is chosen, there will not be a randomly generated pick. Same with a tie. No one will be lynched if there is no clear vote.

Last edited:
Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
I'm new to this, where do we start?

Oh dang, Jesse :( he is good at this game, which makes me think at least one of the wolves is someone who's played several times before. Doesn't narrow it down much, but it's something.

So with 11 players there are 2 wolves and a Sorceress we have to find, right?

I'm curious about Jesse's house having been "visited twice". It can't have been the bodyguard, or he'd still be alive. Does that refer to a seer/fool/sorceress trying to scope him out, or something else? EDIT: the apprentice stealing Jesse's role maybe?

Last edited:
That is what confused me too. Who else visited Jesse before he was murdered?

Oh
So with 11 players there are 2 wolves and a Sorceress we have to find, right?

Correct.

I'm curious about Jesse's house having been "visited twice". It can't have been the bodyguard, or he'd still be alive. Does that refer to a seer/fool/sorceress trying to scope him out, or something else? EDIT: the apprentice stealing Jesse's role maybe?

It was my (perhaps somewhat clumsy) way of implying (at least) one other night role had something to do with him. I'm not saying more.

Jeessse :( yes I also thought that maybe at least one of the wolves is an experienced player, since Jesse is known to be vocal and good at this game, but that doesn't narrow it down too much =))

Hopefully this'll help the seer/fool figure out who they are, if one or the other happened to visit Jesse last night.

I'm on team Vote First Day nowadays so I'ma throw out a random vote for Stefan Archer, even if it gets me lynched :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back