What’s your perception of time?

If i told you that Wednesday’s noon meeting had been moved forward by 2 hours, what time is it?

• 10 AM

• 2 PM

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zennon Baros

healer; dad to Finley
OOC First Name
Zazz
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Hi all! So i saw a really interesting video on tiktok recently and it had me thinking about the perception of time. The school of thought is that there are two different perceptions of time. Either you’re ego-moving perception or you’re time-moving perception. Neither of these are wrong, but it will be cool to see how we each perceive time so please answer the one poll question and post why below so we can see what everyone else thinks. I’ve linked the video here for anyone who wants to see it!

That's a crazy thought! Tiktok is one crazy and wild places haha

I don't know if it's just a time thing or just like social etiquette thing, but I'd never move a meeting forward, always push it back because it's easier for people to rearrange things if it's a later time than an earlier one and generally ensures most would be there for the later meeting than the earlier one.....

it’s crazy y’all saying 2 pm! If someone said they’d moved a meeting forward i would def think 10 am.

If someone told me they moved the meeting forward 2 hours, I would say 2 pm.

If they were moving the meeting 'up' 2 hours, then I would think 10 am. <Also confusing that I'm thinking about this :)

Is it weird that "moved back" and "pushed back" have two different interpretations for me? Like I could see the argument for "moved back" being 2PM but generally would think 10AM, but "pushed back" DEFINITELY means 2PM.

moved/pushed back would definitely mean later to me (2pm)
but moved/pushed forward/up obviously means earlier (10am)

Also, I'm pretty sure I've never seen an email suggesting my meeting's moved "forward" to a later time. So you 2PM people might not exist IRL. :r (Though, to Emzies' point, perhaps I've just never received an email trying to move a meeting earlier. xD )

The moral of this story is they better just specify the time! Even better if they use the 24-hour clock :D

It took me a while to understand why would someone say 'move forward' and mean that the meeting would be at 10am but I got it now. I'd still go with 2pm tho.

How come do I see myself moving towards time? Like...i go to it?:lol::lol: I'm so confusedabout the point of the tik tok. Might go search a bit.

It took me a while to understand why would someone say 'move forward' and mean that the meeting would be at 10am but I got it now. I'd still go with 2pm tho.

How come do I see myself moving towards time? Like...i go to it?:lol::lol: I'm so confusedabout the point of the tik tok. Might go search a bit.
So it's not so much that as it is about perception of time and how you see it. One sees time as stagnant with you moving through it the other has you as stagnant with time moving around you.

I am won meeting if this is to do with colours or language are those that say 10 native English speakers or maybe from (not how to put this politely) former commonwealth countries.
even if young children devil loop their own view it wouldn’t be long until they are corrected to the dominant view of the society they are in either directly it by being early or late all the time.
not necessarily saying one is right but it isn’ta person seeing things but the way a language is constructed around a concept that is not easily visualised. So different cultures have visualised it differently and described it so and it is one of those things that isn’t translated often enough to be commonly aware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back