OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Now that Emzies has finally let me have my turn at posting a BWU, I've taken my sweet time in getting it to you.
Here you go!
Hiring: Shopkeepers
We have a couple of shops that need owners - and now that shopkeepers have things to do on the site, it's a great time to try to have an active shopkeeper again, or perhaps for the first time!
New Zealand's Wizarding World Needs Leadership!
It's time for the magical folk of New Zealand to decide who they want to head up their ministry, and the first step in that process is having candidates to choose between!
Applications are now open to have your character run for New Zealand's Minister for Magic! This is an important in character and out of character position, and the plot leading up to it is pretty intense.
You can read Cyndi's post about who is eligible to apply and how the process begins right here, then submit your applications as soon as possible!
Semester 2: Week 2
It's begun!
We're fast on our way toward the end of another HNZ year... and the house points are still too close to call! Anybody could win it! (Ok, not anybody - but Gryffindor still has a chance, right? They are winning Quidditch games... )
You should be hot on the trail of your lessons to earn those points, and try to enjoy the rest of Y30 while it lasts!
New Semester: New Professors
If JKR's Harry Potter books taught us one thing, it's that Hogwarts has high teacher turnover.
HNZ is no different at times (it's our commitment to canonical realism, y'all ;) ), so we've got a slew of new professors to welcome including:
Professor Sarah Harrington who is taking over all Astronomy lessons.
Professor Bryce Chamberlin in now teaching over Divination Years 5-7!
Professor Jon Phillips is the now the Ravenclaw Head of House.
Professor Monty Pendleton is now Deputy Headmaster!
And, contrary to the turnover trend, Professor Sylvia Hartley and Professor Matthias are remaining as permanent professors for Arithmancy!

Thanks to these fine folk who keep HNZ going smoothly!
All professors are also requested to read this semester's professor's meeting, which you should have a link to in your inbox!

Graphics Competition
From time to time we like to put your OOC talents to good use for graphics we need for the site, or some silly idea we've had, or as slave labour for beautifying our admin team's profiles. This competition is, of course, the latter. Emzies needs an avatar!
Head on over to the competition topic and submit your entry, then look forward to voting for the cream of the crop (and getting Emzies to use an avatar you voted for!).
Speaking of Graphics...
We have a small but lovely community of graphics makers on HNZ. They keep us all well-stocked for every character we dream up - even if they know we'll just ask for a new banner in two weeks, or that we'll abandon that character entirely within the month.
With that said, we need to ensure the system runs as smoothly as possible for everybody - which has meant we can't have people requesting specific banner makers to take their request (like it was in the old old HNZ days). Now, your request is processed by whoever gets to it first! Which should excite us, because we're still getting free graphics and even more people can get them, too!
(Also, there's that thing about beggars not being choosers. :tut: )
Werewolf Concludes
The Village has won! Thanks to everybody who participated in another round of Werewolf - and to Phoebe for running it for us!
If you missed out on reading along with all the fun and excitement, you're encouraged to take a peak at this past round and join in for the next one!​
It always makes me a little sad when, over the course of two weeks, we only have a couple of plots that need highlighting. You guys need to get into the business of self-promotion more! Nevertheless, we do have a couple plots for you to chew on while you make other plots for future highlights:
[ul][li]The Greatest Loss
Carter has organised Kiera's funeral. But not all will go as planned.

Other RPs in this Plot:
And they lived happily never after...</LI>
[li]Fight Me!
Falon goes to find Lyra after what happened to her brother. She reveals how that meeting was really supposed to go.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Gryffindor winning the house cup
[li]Making Emzies have a terrible avatar forever
[li]The whole Ministry of Magic Campaign Process
[li]More Quidditch!
<LI>[li]Surprises of all sorts!
[/li][/ul]That's it, that's all!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Great update Nick! Totally worth the wait :p

Gracia Nick!

I did the thing. :r
20066914.gif

Thanks for the update!

Really looking forward to the Minister for Magic campaigns :woot:

Thanks for the update Nick!

Need to highlight more plots :r

Thanks for the update Nick! :)

Thanks for posting this, Nick!

Welcome to all of the new professors! ^_^

I look forward to seeing all of the applicants for shop keepers and MoM.

Thanks for the update! Lovely to see all those news professors! :woot:

All club Accio! threads will be closing on Sunday.
The dances will remain open!
Also, if you are a new Prof or need to update your titles, feel free to post a picture or make edits as well. It will be opened today and close on the 23rd! ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back