Reactions: Y29 Sorting and Transfers

Sorting Hat

Sorting may be a little bit away, but there's no reason we can't get this topic going. ^_^ We love to hear your thoughts and reactions as we work through the process. :party:

Are you having a character sorted/transferred? More than one? Ten? (You know who you are. :p )

Where do you think they'll end up? Where do they think they'll end up?

If you've already been sorted: Did you get what you expected? Did the sorting hat say something funny to you? What'd you think of that?

I'm really excited to sort this guy, mostly because I don't know where he might end up. He's a really hard worker because he likes to win and be the best, but he'll only work hard if it means he will win, he'll give up the moment he doesn't do well.

I think he could be either a slytherin or a hufflepuff, but I'd be happy wherever he ends up.

I wasn't sure at first with Calypso, wasn't certain what road I wanted to go down except for one that her ancestors were witch-hunters, famous European ones at that.

The concept for her heritage came first, then the image and her name soon followed - then I sat down to do her character development and I answered the questions through Cal's perspective ... and I have to say, I love her =))
and after writing it, I know she's a Gryffindor ... that or certifiable :r

I'm sure the hat will agree with the certifiable part but not so sure about the Gryffindor :p

I'm so excited :woot:

This year I really have no big preference for any houses for any of my characters. I have Gabriella Tillington who I could see go Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, Fleur van Houten who might be a Gryffindor? And there's Theodore Westwick who I think could go either Slytherin or Ravenclaw... but he doesn't really care about which house he just wants to be with his twin xD we'll see Theo, we'll see

Already knowing I'll be 100% okay with any house for all of them makes it very fun, I'm eager to see what's going to happen! I love watching other people's characters being sorted too, so this is a very exciting time for me :woot:

I am very highly expecting Ravenclaw due to Eva's inquisitive and studious nature. It seems like an obvious choice. Though her kindness does appeal as a Hufflepuff's leads.

The best thing about sorting Patrick is that I have no idea where he'll end up and I really don't mind either way! He could be Ravenclaw due to the fact that he daydreams a lot and has a creative side to him, or he could be Hufflepuff as he's super loyal and clingy, or he could be Gryffindor due to his chivalrous nature. I wouldn't mind if he managed to get Slytherin but at this point I really doubt that xD

But yeah I'm excited :party:

This is the first sorting I think ever where I don't really have any particular houses in mind for any of my characters. Zoe I think could go either way between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff (she's a bit of an oddball) Charlie could go Gryffindor or Slytherin, or follow in her mother's footsteps and be an unexpected Hufflepuff (She'd probably handle it a bit better than Maria did :r ) and Ed could go Ravenclaw or Slytherin, though he just wants to be with Theo too.

I'm really excited to see where all my new kids end up! I've been looking forward to sorting them for months, Zoe almost a year, so this feels like a big sorting! :D

Anyone sorting more than 3 this year?

I think 3 is my limit xD I have a few plots ongoing so I have:

Leda Layton: I'm really unsure where Leda will end up. Like the others I'm sorting this year, they all (bar one) have qualities from each house. I think Leda will be Gryffindor or Slytherin, but I don't really mind whichever she gets xD

I've learnt the hard way not to care where they get sorted into!

I also have my twins (Seems like theres alot this year!) Mhairi and Lina, and while I do think it would be fun to have twins in the same house, they're probably considered too different. Again, either way I'm happy ^^

I'm using all my self control to stick with 3 :x

I'm having to be persuaded into sorting ANY this year :lol:

I want to RP with everybody, but I have no muse for new characters :(

Excited to see where everybody else ends up, though ^_^ :party:

Same. I'm not sorting anyone this year, but next sorting I may have two people. ^_^

I'm excited to see the new cast of characters for the school. :)

I'm only sorting two. I had plans for twins, but then Alex took a hiatus. So, I made Madlyn's daughter. :)

Nixon is the only character I'm sorting this year! He has a bunch of different traits that might get him sorted into any of the houses, so I don't have a preference where he goes. I'm excited to see which of his traits shines through the most and where the hat will decide to place him :D

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
Anyone sorting more than 3 this year?
I'm on the fence still about my sortees. xD I know for sure I am sorting one.

I'm not surprised Fleur is a Gryffindor, I figured she might have a little bit of puff in her but it was definitely more Gryff ^_^

The twins are making me really curious, though. Rowan and I filled in their forms totally separately, so I'm really curious to see where they'll end up!

I'm really happy about this sorting so far! Zoe and Charlie both wound up in the houses I thought were prooobably most likely, and I think they'll be really happy there. No idea what to think about the twins though, my mind about what seemed most likely completely changed while I was writing it. Working off a similar character idea completely separately is so stressful, I have no idea if our different takes on the same idea will come across as having the same foundation, or whether the deliberate (and potentially accidental) differences between them will be enough to split them up aaaaaaa!!

I hadn't had a house in mind when I was writing the form. And I fill it in completely empty of mind. Of course goblins are highly intelligent, but I really had no clue where she would end up in. I love the house though, I think red suits her.

I had about 6 :r :tut: or so prepped for sorting but not all of them will be ready for this year, possibly two will be put on hold, only because I want to delve really deep into their characters before I bring them to the school. I only have one student character so am behind everyone else really =))
and I have one that I am hoping to sort :wub: :wub: so very excited about her so am crossing all fingers and toes that she's not messed up her application on purpose =))

I think Ameko would be a sure fire Gryffindor / Mercier - either a Hufflepuff or a Slytherin and Silas - definitely a Puff :wub:

Amiria got sorted into Hufflepuff which I am thrilled about - she needs that house :wub: :wub:

Calypso - totally cray cray so not sure, possibly a Gryffindor but possibly the hat might implode and send her to another school xD

I'm only sorting one this year, which is a very nice change, and no transfers either! :woot: I've got a lot of backstory for Wilfred, but I've not really been able to settle on where he'd go. He doesn't really have a preference either, though I wouldn't mind another Hufflepuff to add to my collection. I could see him hanging out there quite happily, but I could easily see him other houses for one reason or another.

I'm very pleased with where Patrick was placed! He's not going to like not being with his sister so we'll see how it goes :p I wonder what made the sorting hat place him in Hufflepuff? I thought as I was filling out his form that he did have some strong Ravenclaw traits and it would be interesting to know what the hat was thinking :D

I feel like Odessa will get Hufflepuff even though Ravenclaw would make her very happy for all the bird watching opportunities. Can't wait to find out.

I'm pleased with Nixon's placement! The colour yellow suits him and I'm happy that I have another Hufflepuff :D

I'm not sure I can quite predict where Jocelynn will end up. It's really a toss up. I can see Gryffindor but also Hufflepuff. Maybe Ravenclaw or Slytherin. But there is no preference here, I'll be happy whichever house she's placed in.

I have a Ravenpuff duo in the sixth year, now a firstie Ravenpuff duo. It was fun! Haven't sorted in a while, since Syrus. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back