Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
12" Alder wood, with the essence of an Owl Talon
Hey everyone!

I'm Grey!

I stumbled upon this gem in my hunt for a fresh take on roleplay in the Harry Potter world. Something that stood apart from the norm which is basically stuff set just after the Trio Era or prior to it, during the Marauders time at large. And alas, I have found what I've been looking for!

I'm an Aussie who has himself a pet greyhound named Nando. He's glorious and is the centre of my world at the moment. I mean, I guess my boyfriend is also the centre of it too.... But at times, he takes a backseat to the hound. xD

I'm super intimidated by how huge this place is, so please, bear with me as I find my footing and probably ask a whole heap of stupid questions (particularly aiming this one towards the staff... :shy:).

I'd really just love to jump into some roleplay with some people if at all possible. I love formulating in-depth, character driven stuff with people that leads into plots which continue on for months. The more intense and exciting the better!

So please, don't feel shy to message me to try and set something up with Thomas here. He's also still coming together as a character and the best way I find to solidify personalities and attitudes for my character oftentimes comes from me throwing them together with all the other fantastic characters which are already apart of a forum. Of course, he has aspects defined already, but his complexities and the like will need time and threadage to come to fruition.
So please, help me!

I guess this has been my very long winded way of saying, G'day; let's thread and be friends.

- Grey

Last edited:
Hey Grey, welcome!
So glad you found your way to us. I'd never done forum RP when I first joined so I know it can come off pretty intimidating. But don't worry if you have lots of questions, everyone's happy to help you out I'm sure.

Super looking forward to seeing and potentially plotting some great threads while you're here! (It's also a great time to join if you want to have a student start for next IC year, since sorting is right around the corner).
I personally don't have too many adult chars at the moment, but feel free to hit me up if you wanna chat or plot anything :claire:
(Also if you feel so inclined, I'd love to see any pics you have of Nando here :r)

Hello! Welcome to HNZ, good to have you with us I'm one of the Admin here, and ready to answer any questions you have (none of them will be stupid, trust me)

Hey, Grey!!

Welcome to HNZ!! I must say if you wanna rp, I have loads of adult characters to offer especially my counselor. I would love to see pics of Nando as well since I also love dogs.

Hi Grey welcome to HNZ! :D

I’ve got loads of characters too if you want to RP sometime, just pop a message into my inbox and I’ll be happy to plot! ^_^

Hi Grey, welcome!

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, we all remember how overwhelming and difficult the site could be at the start. I'd love to RP in the future!

just checked the pet pictures thread and was very disappointed :(

Hi Grey, welcome to HNZ! I'm Jesse, and I'm from Sydney. There's quite a few other Aus RPers (And a lot of us happened to live within like ten minutes of each other it was wild). Like everyone's said, questions are great and a lot of people will be happy to help you navigate your way around.

If you're looking for RPs to dive into, here is a really good place to start and introduce your character, what they're like and what they're after, so people can have a look through and throw in their own characters. And sorting is of course very very very soon so get pumped for that :woot:
General Information will be your best friend, but the Docs are also really good to look at too. It includes the applications page, if you ever decide to have a character with special abilities, be a pureblood, a shopkeeper or professor, auror, et cetera.

The Off-Topic Board is a good place to join us for games, discussions and other chats, though I find the shoutbox at the bottom of the main page to be the best place to talk to other members. Feel free to join us ^_^

That said, if any staff aren't around and you have questions, I'm available too. Again, welcome! And I hope you stick around ^_^

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!

Considering this is a NZ based forum, there aren't many of us Southern Hemisphere peeps around! Nice to meet you! I'm Teigan - please call me Teigs and I am also from Sydney like Jesse above. Hope you're keeping yourself safe and well during this quarantine business! We love newbies here so we're all very excited to get to know you and to rp together as well!​

I think we've managed to collectively provide you with the basics of what you need to get yourself around, so I look forward to seeing what your character (and subsequent others you get sucked into making) will become~​

Please feel free to hit me up if you ever want to rp, I have many characters I could offer for anything, so please let me know!​

Welcome to HNZ!​
Teigs​

PS. Please post pics of Nando if you feel comfortable to do so, we LOVE animals here!

Last edited:
Hey Grey,

Welcome to this site, hopefully you have the most amazing time here :)

If you ever want to roleplay I am definitely up for it :)

Tamara

Hi Grey!

Welcome to HNZ!! I also love super deep and developed plots, the ones that go on for a few years but also have enough wiggle room for taking unexpected twists are my fave!! Gotta love those plot seeds!

If you want to chat let me know! I have a bunch of adults that could be fun to meet Thomas. Additionally if you are interested in students too you’ve joined at the perfect time because we’re just coming towards the end of the school year so it won’t be too long until sorting is open.

Hope to see you around!
Pheeb

P.S Yass Doggooooo :wub:

Hey Grey! I'm Cyndi, one of the admin and I've been around for a while. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
I hope you enjoy your time on the site. We're happy you found your way into this space. :)

Welcome to HNZ! I hope we get to rp at some point :D

Welcome to HNZ Grey! Don't be afraid to ask any questions! This is what we're here for ^_^

(I second the pictures of doggo please)
Donna :donna:

A massive thank you to all of you for the really warm welcome! It's put me a little more at ease with joining such a huge community of - what I can already tell - is wonderfully welcoming and full of friendly individuals.

Seriously, you are all awesome.
Thank you!
(And I guess it goes without saying, many of you will be getting a message from me soon :lol:)

Last edited:
Hi Grey!

Welcome to the site! I'm still relatively "new" to the site and would be lost with out all the friendly people here!

Also greyhounds are my favorite !!

Always good to meet new people! The site is really fun and addictive lots of people join and even rejoin when Real life permits. Plus it's a pretty good time to start if your thinking of creating a student character since Sorting will likely open up again soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back