scarlet blyth

full

THE WAND CHOOSES THE WIZARD
image-3.png

Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Boomslang venom Core

full

A SINGLE DIARY ENTRY

10/09/2062

I miss home. I knew I would, but now that I'm here it's even more obvious that I need to do well so that I may leave with dignity when I walk back out those doors, knowing my time here was not wasted. The people seem decent enough, some more frustrating than others but that's to be expected. Right now seven years seems like an awfully long time to be apart from my family though, and I just hope that it will have been worth it.

Eoghan

Last edited:
B A S I C ✻ I N F O R M A T I O N ✻ E X P A N D E D

tumblr_inline_o1or6rKYYR1rifr4k_500.gif

The birds they sang a melody
My heart was keeping time and we
Were dancing on the edge of something new
Slow at first but still it seems

full

Name Details

Full Name
eoghan teàrlach blyth

Name Etymology
eoghan - an irish name meaning born of the yew, or youth
teàrlach - gaelic name meaning strong or free man
blyth - scottish name meaning a happy or cheerful person

Pronunciation
eoghan - "oh-un"
teàrlach - "tchar-lakh"
blyth - "bl-eye-th"

Nicknames
oh - sometimes used by those who know him
cheiri - his sisters nickname for him. cheiri is a type of wallflower, and eoghan is the quiet observer of the pair
antares - lilith's nickname for him
yew - tori's name for him

Legal Name Changes
none

Birth & Residence

Date of Birth
june 16th 2051

Birthplace
helsinki, Finland. his mother gave birth to the twins in her mothers hometown where she staying with her.

Nationality
eoghan is finnish

Blood Status
there is not enough information about his father to know what blood type he is. everyone that eoghan is aware of in his family are muggles and his twin sister also shows no sign of magical ability. it was only eoghan that does and therefore it's assumed his father was magical, although they're not sure in what sense.

Area of Residence
hogwarts new zealand

Previous Areas of Residence
eoghan has lived in helsinki, finland, for his whole life. although his mother and maternal grandparents are from the united kingdom, he's never visited

Dialects
eoghan speaks english with his sister and grandmother while at home, and can get around his life in finland with it too. that being said, he has also picked up finnish as a second language, given that he's often exposed to it and others who speak it, and the language reminds him of home

Accent
his accent is that of finland

Education & Occupation

Schools Attended
hogwarts new zealand: 2062 - present
finnish primary school: 2058 - 2062
finnish pre-school: 2057-2058
finnish daycare: 2053 - 2057

Hogwarts House
ravenclaw

There was only so much you could find out from reading. Sometimes you had to experience something for yourself first hand if you wanted to really understand it. Eoghan stood close to Tori, the girl that had (much to Eoghan's discontent) gathered a party in his carriage on the way to the castle. She'd also hauled him into the boat as they'd crossed the lake, and now that he was stood in the Great Hall, he hoped he'd finally get the chance to move away from her and her little entourage. He supposed the only good thing was that he could watch the other students and see what they did, not that Eoghan was necessarily going to follow them, but they would answer his questions before he had to make a point to ask them.

He didn't really understand why the students were put into different houses. They were all here for one main purpose, weren't they? It wasn't as though different houses had different benefits, and the idea that he was to be loyal to those in his house purely because they shared the same colour robes was absurd. He watched and waited as the other students sat on a stool, while the talking hat decided what the best place would be for them, as though it knew him better than Eoghan knew himself.

As his name was called (and Victoria had been placed into her house), Eoghan stepped forward suppressing a sigh. He didn't want to be on display, gawked at by a hall full of children. He pondered whether or not it would be a good thing for people to know his name, to one day recognize him as he walked down the street. Of course, he'd only want to be known for his skills, something he hoped would carry him and his sister far in their future. He waited for the hat to tell him where he was supposed to belong, although deep down Eoghan knew he didn't belong anywhere here at all.

"You have a lot of ambition, and a lot of intelligence. These two things will get you far, though where these will get you placed, that's what I have to decide…Actually, I see…Ravenclaw,"

Favourite Class
potions

Least Favourite Class
flying

Achievements
to be discovered

Learned Credentials
we shall see

Wand
curly 13 1/2 inch sturdy aspen wand with boomslang venom core

Occupation
student

Health & Physical

Physical Condition
fit and healthy

Diseases
none

Eyesight
20/20

Allergies
cow's milk protein allergy

Last edited:
A P P E A R A N C E ✻ A N D ✻ P E R S O N A L I T Y

0c5e82074802cbda58ff6be9814ab211.gif

The birds they sang a melody
My heart was keeping time and we
Were dancing on the edge of something new

Slow at first but still it seems

full

Appearance Details

Basic Appearance
eoghan is taller than most his age, and relatively slim. he has natural dark blonde hair although he bleaches this to a platinum blonde (as does his sister imogen) as they prefer it this shade. he has incredibly pale blue eyes, and light ivory skin. since coming to hogwarts, eoghan likes to dress in the same way as a lot of classical authors he reads about, and his style would be considered to be that of an old soul or somewhat traditional.

Resemblance to Parents
although he doesn't know who his father is, there are some traits and feature he definitely got from his mother. this include his eye colour and his overall build. in terms of personality traits, eoghan isn't really like anyone else in his family and he often feels like the odd one out when he's around his sister and grandmother. that being said he hasn't seen his mother since he was 2 years old, so maybe his perception would be different if he were to meet her now.

Hairstyle and Type
asides from dying his hair, the only thing eoghan will really do is make sure it's combed and neat. he likes to keep it a few inches long so that it has a little movement, but he wouldn't want to grow it long as it would get in the way. despite bleaching it, eoghan's hair is soft, smooth and straight.

Eyes
eoghan has very pale blue eyes.

Smile
eoghan's teeth are pretty straight.

Personality Details

Describe your character in five words
tbc

Personality
tbc

Interests or Hobbies
tbc

Strengths
  • x: tbc
Flaws
Values and Driving Force
tbc

Last edited:
T R A C K E R

tumblr_inline_o1oroqAzH91rifr4k_500.gif

four lines of lyrics to even it all up

full

Capture.png

Year 2062 - 2063 (First Year)
  • met victoria de lacey, william potter-cade and susie lagowski on the train
  • started at hogwarts
  • got sorted into RAVENCLAW
  • met elijah edogawa and vikram bakshi on the first night
  • went on a first-year tour, met rose edogawa + others
  • met cal greenleaf and ondine physwick after abandoning the tour
  • attended ravenclaw house meeting
  • signed up to the sda
  • met demi zephyr and lilith ilves during a chess game, making an enemy of the former
  • discovers he has thalassophobia after falling into the lake
  • argued + made up with lilith during the first week
  • introduces lilith to cal, tori and william
  • met sayuri edogawa in the duelling chamber
  • does a tarot card reading for his friendship with lilith and believes the cards are telling him their friendship is strong, but to be careful as "it's not all as it seems"
  • lilith becomes his official best friend after telling her about his upbringing
  • attends his first sda event, and works with tori on their stance and posture
  • is dragged to the halloween feast by lilith, and discovers he's uncomfortable around the theatrics
  • supports ravenclaw in the ravenclaw vs slytherin quidditch game
  • after spending a few weeks running with tori, he realises that she is also becoming a friend
  • lilith kisses him in the student lounge (first kiss)
  • attends truth or dare study session hosted by tori. generally avoids most of the drama, but dislikes lumos walden-cade for daring william to kiss lilith.
  • left truth or dare and followed after tori and susie. decides that tori is his friend after she thinks highly enough of him to quiz him on a subject that he hasn't even taken yet.

Roleplays

do what you must - hogwarts express (tori, william + susie) - fin
did there have to be so many stairs? - ravenclaw boys dorm (elijah + vikram)
first years castle tour - entrance hall (lots of first years + prof marigold)
welcome back - ravenclaw common room (ravenclaws)
a different type of reading - courtyard (cal + ondine)
y47 club fair - courtyard (various)
a cozy bunch - ravenclaw common room (demi + lilith) - fin
bring it raining down - lakefront (lilith) - fin
and so we meet again - ravenclaw common room (lillith) - fin
if three is a crowd, what's five? - library (lilith, tori, william, cal)
struggles of first year - duelling chamber (sayuri)
new territory - ravenclaw boys dorms (lilith) - fin
learn how to duel sda event - duelling chamber (tori + various)
only yes for an answer - halloween feast y47 (lilith)
the stands - the stands (various)
finding new paths - great lawn (tori)
how things change - student lounge (lilith) - fin
truth or dare - student lounge (demi, felix, lumos, tori, william, nox, esme, keira, eurydice, jonah, lilith, amory, susie, ondine)
aftershocks - library (susie, tori, lilith)
enough is enough - ravenclaw common room (lilith)

Grades

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back