Dueling: Reboot

All duels have a new set time limit for 24 hours. It will be easier to keep up with. If I see a lot of timing outs, I might extend it to 48 hours. But let's hope that it doesn't need to go that long. ^_^

If I'm reading the rules right, if you get to 0 points, you lose the match. So why does getting hit by a spell give you extra points?

Excuse the noobishness,

James

James Adams said:
If I'm reading the rules right, if you get to 0 points, you lose the match. So why does getting hit by a spell give you extra points?

Excuse the noobishness,

James
Getting hit by spells gives you points because points are how actions are performed - so doing things you wouldn't want to happen helps you do things you do want to happen, and doing things you'd want to happen prevents you from doing even more things you'd want to not happen. Think of points like a currency. You don't want to work, but that gives you money. You can then spend that money to buy the things you want to buy - which makes you work again. ;)
At 0 points the assumption is your opponent just casts stupefy, it hits you, and you're done. :tut:

James Adams said:
So why not just not defend yourself and stack up a load of points which you then send at the other person when they're on 0?
this is what i am sure Teigs' technique was in duel 7. she almost won the match without firing a single offensive spell.

Well you can, but if they shoot you with like Stupefy or Any of those spells that stop your character from battling (excuse the Pokemon reference) then you're gone. It's like a trust system. We expect a certain level of participation, a give and take if you will. It's all IC. What would your character do? For example, for a substantial amount of time, my character Willow, defended herself and refused to use offensive spells.

I need a better way to keep up with the dueling people. Starting to get a little clustered. Anyway, another post for a reference page.
LostYearWonYearMatch
[/td]</TH>
Esme LancasterSecondLucien SnowSecondOne
Mathew CosgroveThirdLowan KickettThirdTwo
Dexter LesleyFourthPerseas StratisFourthThree
Aaren NightrayFifthSage OttaviFifthFour
Rosie ReillySixthKillua FreecssSixthFive
Graeme FergussonThirdTomas HayesThirdSix
Willow Jaye HydranFourthRhiannon McGowanFourthSeven
--------Eight
Maya CorbySecondJoanna DragonovSecondNine
Belladonna MetzgerThirdVladimir ZhefarovichThirdTen
Lux HamiltonThirdZechariah PowellThirdEleven
Kelsey Ariyah BoneheartSixthAbel SmithSixthTwelve
--------Thirteen
--------Fourteen
Pandora MatthiasThirdVladimir ZhefarovichThirdFifteen
Lowan KickettThirdCasey DanielsThirdSixteen
----------
[th colspan="5"] Current Standings[/th] [th]
RemainingYearDueling NowYear
[/td]
Victoire FontaineSecondDominque GrimmFourth
Ellington HayesSecondPerseas StratisFourth
Ivaylo Zhefarovich-DolohovSecondHanna Mitchelle FreecssFifth
Francesca GrimmSecondSage OttaviFifth
Skye TaylorThirdTybalt ArcherSixth
----Sergei ZhefarovichSixth
[th colspan="4"] Dueling and Still Needs to[/th] <TH> [th]
Match 13 is for sixth years: Tybalt Archer versus Sergei Zhefarovich. The match is here.
Match 14 is for fourth years: Perseas Stratis versus Dominque Grimm. The match is here.
Match 15 is for third years: Pandora Matthias versus Vladimir Zhefarovich. The match is here.
Match 16 is for third years: Casey Daniels versus Lowan Kickett. The match is here.

Rhiannon and Willows duel has been finished for two days. Rhi disarmed Willow. and thus she was unable to continue.

....Wow I need to edit that.
Or read it. Sorry guys. XD

Preston hopes Tybalt whips Sergei in the match. That is all. :p

Already, Sergei starts things a little...heated. =))

Heated... is not the word i would have used xD

At least he didn't try to make Tybalt explode. xD

Isn't Confringo an explosive spell but?

Yeah. Sergei tried to cause the explosion near his feet, and injure his legs.

Oooh, I didn't read that part xD

James Adams said:
Unlucky Jessye :( - i hoped you'd bring in a win there :(
:hug:
I knew she wasn't going to win. Belladonna is too clumsy and careless to duel all that well just yet. :r :(

Haha Teigan thought that Sergei was going to try and blow Tybalt up!
Man that would be scurry. :(

I'm fairly certain if the ground exploded at his feet he would've been pretty badly hurt....Perhaps not explode but badly hurt....

Well why not? I was enjoying watching Vladimir try to kill Belladonna xD

Tybalt Archer said:
I'm fairly certain if the ground exploded at his feet he would've been pretty badly hurt....Perhaps not explode but badly hurt....
Let's just have Tybalt lose so that they can be friends afterward. :r

Sergei Zhefarovich said:
Tybalt Archer said:
Let's just have Tybalt lose so that they can be friends afterward. :r
NEVER... :mad:

Nimue Bevin said:
Well why not? I was enjoying watching Vladimir try to kill Belladonna xD
He nearly succeeded too! xD

"Can we be friends?"
"No, you tried to blow me up!"
"....only a little."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back