Closed Buy one get one free (Marriage Style)

Leda Layton

hates secrets 👑 THREE?! | upturned lion editor
OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
The day was finally here, Leda and Mervyn were going to seal the deal. It had been planned for years, and while Leda knew neither of them saw each other in that way, they were always going to best friends who were now raising Eluned and Wendall together. Wendall less so, but they were still his guardians.

Wendall had dressed in his best three piece dark blue suit for the occasion, and was pleased to finally see his cousin get married, even if it was to Mervyn. The former Gryffindor would always be the one who’d once kicked him into the lake when he was just a wee boy, however he had grown on him somewhat, like a rash he couldn’t shake.

Mervyn had no doubt he and Leda were making the right decision. On the surface, it looked a little like a marriage of convenience between good friends, but there was more to it than that. Perhaps it wasn't romantic, but they shared a bond far deeper than friendship, and Mervyn was ready to commit the rest of his life to her, the one he loved more than anyone in the world (except Eluned). He beamed at the guests as they arrived, giving out hugs and handshakes and talking excitedly about the quaint little venue Leda had chosen. It was all so perfect.

Ten sat with her brother quietly, or as quietly as the red head could muster. She honestly thought Auntie Leda and Uncle Mervyn were already husband and wife but this would make it official. Ten had wanted to wear a white dress because Uncle Wendall would probably think she’d look good for another film cameo as a ghost or something, but she’d been told she wasn’t allowed to.

Mary Lou had never been to a wedding but she was very excited to be attending Leda and Mervyn's wedding. She didn't know a lot about them, but Wendall had asked if she wanted to go, and she wasn't doing anything right now. She was wearing her best dress, a slight blue with little stars all over it. It was exciting because she wanted to be there for Wendall and also for his family to like her now that she was his girlfriend. She hadn't met many of his family before, because they had left before she'd really gotten a chance. She hurried up to stick her arm through Wendall's and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Hello, Wendall, are you excited about today? Have you been to many weddings?"

Ned clutched Uncle Wendall's hand and swung it back and forth, singing him a song about hippogryffs that she'd heard on the radio. Everybody seemed to be very excited. Mervyn and Leda were officially getting married, which meant... not an awful lot to Eluned, but she was happy for them all the same. They were going to be one big happy family forever and ever.

Monty wished Olive could have been here. He was sure Leda wished it, too. She'd have been so proud to see her little sister getting married, to see how she'd grown and matured and found her place in the world. But though Olive couldn't be here, Monty could be proud for the both of them. And he was. He smiled at Mary-Lou and Wendall before greeting Mervyn. The ceremony was shortly to begin.

Felix was sat with Ten, not quite sure what was going on but he did enjoy seeing everyone all dressed up in their outfits. Felix wore a little suit complete with a bow tie that had once belonged to Uncle Wendall, but it was his uncles girlfriend that Felix kept staring at. She was so pretty, everything about her looked graceful and elegant, as though she’d just stepped out of a princess film. She kissed Uncle Wendall which was disgusting, but it didn’t stop the boy staring at her.

Zennon couldn't believe that Mervyn and Leda were actually getting married. After such a long time he'd almost thought that they weren't going to do it. Well, now that it was happening, he headed inside, Finley in his arms, snoozing, as he greeted everyone. "Hello Professor, I didn't think I'd be seeing you today," he knew that Monty wasn't a professor anymore, but it seemed odd not to greet him as such. "The happy couple are happy then?"

Ten grinned up at A Loon Head, before turning her attention to a few other men that had joined them. She did recognise one as her mums friend, a man that she saw much more of when she was younger. Ten had never really known her mum, as she’d only been a year old when she’d died, but she still knew her more than Felix had. Ten slowly approached the man with grey hair, just in case he talked about her mum.

Wendall was half having his arm swung by his niece, when his other arm was wrapped up by his girlfriend. Honestly though he wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. He held on to Ned firmly, not wanting her to mysteriously disappear or cause any damage alongside Ten, but he turned to kiss Mary Lou back on the cheek as she asked him a question. “I don’t think I’ve been to one before, not that I can remember anyway. Olive never married West,” he told her quietly, glancing to another man amongst the family. “I’ll have to introduce everyone to you properly at the reception” he smiled.

It took Monty a moment to put a name to Zennon's face; it had been so long since he had last seen him, and his face had rapidly matured. There was also a small person in his arms. "Oh! Hello, Zennon," he said. "And who's this?" Goodness, it really had been a long time. There were quite a few youngsters around, including Olive's children, who were both considerably taller than they'd been the last time he'd seen them. He smiled at Amortentia, who had sneaked up on them. "Yes - well, it would certainly seem so. It's quite strange. I remember when Mervyn and Leda were hardly taller than you." He patted Ten lightly on the head before turning his attention back to Zennon. "Shall we sit down?"

Leda was just having the finishing touches added to her outfit. She’d already asked Zennon to be Maid of Honour, but as he’d taken time out to settle Fin with the crowd, Leda just hoped he’d be back in time to walk her down the isle. Aside from Mervyn, he was her best friend, it was only fitting. She knew marrying Mervyn was the right thing to do, they’d been through everything together, but that didn’t stop her feeling a little pre wedding jitters as it was about to start.

Mary Lou smiled at Wendall, she was excited to be present here, even if she didn't know many of these people. She knew Wendall, and these were Wendall's family, so they were basically hers, if they would let it. "So this will be a first for both of us? I like that," she liked doing things with Wendall, even if she had never done them before, it seemed fitting to her that they would both do things together. "Shall we sit down?"

Zennon smiled at Monty, "this is my son, Finley, he's a bit tired at the minute, could I... could I possibly leave him with you, I'm walking Leda down the aisle and I think she might be waiting for me. Finley will be awake in a moment, so can I leave him with you?" he said, looking down at the kids around Monty, he was going to consider them like pseudo cousins to Finley since they would all be growing up together anyway.​

"Oh... yes, of course," Monty said. By now he was quite used to babysitting unexpectedly. Besides, Finley didn't look as if he'd be much trouble; he was still asleep as Monty took him so that Zennon could go and find Leda. Now Monty appeared to have acquired two small children. "Are you all right, sitting there?" he asked Ten. She seemed awfully quiet. Perhaps she was thinking of her mother. Monty still was, too.

Zennon seemed to ignore Ten completely and she didn’t like that. She frowned as Auntie Ledas friend walked away and left her with Uncle Pendlebum and Finley, and glanced around the room hoping that something fun would happen soon. The red head peered back over her shoulder to Ned and gave her a knowing grin, but was quickly distracted when Pendlebum asked her something. “My chair isn’t big enough” she nodded, despite being in the front row she didn’t feel like she was close enough to the action.

Finley felt himself being jolted around and opened his eyes just in time to see his father walking away from him, which really didn't seem right at all. It was definitely the wrong direction. "Daddy?" he asked slightly groggily, realising he was now on the hard seat, and not in his dad's arms which he was sure he'd fallen asleep in. He was in a little suit and tie, but that was not meaning his Dad shouldn't be right here with him. "Daddy!" he called out slightly louder, making to slip off the char and follow.​

It was happening. The guests were seated, the music had begun to play, some little goblin was shouting 'Daddy, Daddy', and Mervyn was standing at the altar, about to become the happiest man alive. Whose child was this? Oh - it was Zennon's. And now he looked like he was about to make a break for it. Mervyn shot Wendall a look. This was not the atmosphere he'd wanted Leda to walk into.

“Yes it will,” Wendall smiled, kissing his girlfriend on the lips for a moment before they headed to their seats. He motioned for Ned to go first, letting the girls sit together so that he would be on the end, one arm still linked with Mary Lou. The music began to play, and out of the corner of his eye he caught those of Mervyn, the fear from his childhood shooting down his spine. Finley was yelling for Zennon down the middle of the chairs where Leda was about to walk, and putting the two together he let go of Mary Lou, and caught the toddler before he could go any further, putting him onto his lap. “Daddy will be back in a minute,” Wendall said to him softly, a little nervous that he had a real live child in his immediate care, but at least they were out of Leda’s way.

As Zennon repeated, Leda relaxed a little and took her best friends arm, “How do I look?” She asked him with a small smile, feeling pretty for the first time in a long time. The former Slytherin heard the music start up, and with no time to waste, headed towards the main doors. Leda gave Zennons arm a squeeze, before following him out towards and down the aisle, to the guests, and to her family, and she was more than ready for this.

Zennon grinned at Leda, patting her lightly on the arm as he turned towards the direction they would be walking. He leaned over to whisper in her ear. "You look incredible, that dress is perfect," he'd seen it before, but all of it really came together differently when he was looking at it all together. The day itself was great, and it felt right that this was all happening now. He could believe what people said about weddings now that he was experiencing this himself. It was different like this than when he had to sit through them as a kid. Now it was people he loved and cherished more than anything else and he was glad to experience this with them.​

Mary Lou gasped lightly in concern when she heard a child calling for his daddy and she watched Wendall snag him and pull him into his lap, she looked at him warmly, her eyes sparkling lightly at the way he'd so readily just grabbed the child almost like second nature. Almost immediately the child seemed to calm and Mary Lou pet him lightly on the head, ruffling his hair as she did so and leaned in close to whisper, "Your Daddy is helping Leda with the wedding, you want her to be really happy, right?" she asked, smiling at him.​

Almost immediately, Finley was foisted into someone's lap and he turned around to be very upset, but seeing who it was, and then the pretty blonde lady that was talking to him, he immediately relaxed and settled comfortably into the lap. He was a little unsure, because he couldn't see his Dad, but he wanted to be a good boy. "I want Auntie Leda to be happy," he said, nodding at the woman and reaching out to squeeze whoever's hand was in his reach.​

Wendall, although had a fairly tight grip on Finley, was looking at Mary Lou as she spoke to the toddler in his lap. She was almost calming his nerves more than Fin’s, he was sure. He smiled warmly at her before realising that the doors behind him had opened, and stroking the back of Finley’s hand, he turned to see Leda in her white dress, making her way down the aisle. He'd never seen his cousin so put together, that it suddenly felt very real that they were joining their families together. Wendall hadn't grown up with a family, had spent years on his own. But no his real family were those in this room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back