Professor Kingsley looked at the young girl who'd just approached, a smile on her face. "Monty's granddaughter?" she queried, recognizing the girl from framed photos in his home. The woman nodded at the question she posed. " I hear there's another club recruiting just outside, but yes, these are the 'official ' clubs" she stated. "Is there a club you don't see that you'd like to?" She asked, curious but also eager to help.

@Rion Pendleton

Bailey beamed as she took the sign-up sheet and hastily scribbled her name at the bottom of the page. "I'm so excited, I'll see you at the first meeting," She grinned and moved away to the next table, her next stop would be the wild patch club, she found their table and bounded over to them. "Hi, I'd like to sign up,"

@Rosie Archer @Salem Lee

Niall wasn't really sure what, if any, clubs he wanted to join. His parents hadn't really been in any clubs either so it wasn't like this was something he knew much about. He spotted someone in his house though and followed behind her as she approached one of the tables. Not knowing what it was though, he waited to hear what it was before making himself known.

@Bailey Walden-Cade

Astraea nodded at the girl behind the table and took the sign-up sheet from the rather excitable girl in front of her and signed her own name at the bottom of the list. "Thanks," She said brightly and walked away from the table.

Salem was glad that the fair seemed to be going smoothly, it helped having Rosie there to help answer questions and make sure they didn't lose any of the sign-up sheets.

She sat up a little straighter as another boy approached the stall, happy to see more Gryffindor's interested in joining. "Sure! Put your name down here," she said, sliding a piece of parchment over before grabbing another one as another girl joined looking to sign up as well. "First meeting's gonna go great this year," she said confidently to Rosie as she wanted the new members jot their names down. @Fraser Fergusson @Bailey Walden-Cade

"Thanks," Bailey beamed as she scribbled her name down on the parchment she had been handed. See you soon," She turned away from the wild patch table and noticed a boy who she swore she had seen either during the welcome feast or in the common room. "Hi, are you signing up for wild patch too?"

@Niall Corvus

Niall watched as the girl wrote her name down, a bit disappointed that he was still none the wiser. "Oh er," he looked at her blankly for a moment, before a frown crossed his face, "actually no, I don't think anyone would want to leave me in the wild," he commented, "what is it, like games outside or something?"

@Bailey Walden-Cade

It made sense what Eugene was saying. If anyone could join the yearbook, then it would really be chaotic. They needed people that were actually interested and that would put the hard work in. "That's good then. Hopefully at least one other person comes up. We will need the help, especially with some people graduating next year." Lucie said. She looked around at all of the stalls, many of which were grabbing people's attention a lot more. She didn't know why, as she thought the yearbook was the best club to join. "Did you see the unofficial club that they're advertising just outside? I figured since it's my last year I would join. Something to do with learning more about history." she told him conversationally, wondering if he also had an interest in the subject.

@Eugene Nestor

Veronique pondered as the boy asked her what would better. She had never even taken a photo before with a camera, other than silly ones with her brothers. "Well, probably, layout designer?" she said rather unconfidently, listening before while he had spoke with other people. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, but Veronique just put on an air of confidence. "Yeah, definitely layout designer," she said again.

@Eugene Nestor

Eugene nodded, he was in agreement. He shook his head lightly at what she said. "They weren't outside when I came in," he replied with a little smile, but thought it was cool. "That's neat. We don't have a club for that, so, yeah, why not," he didn't see what harm it could do to have an unofficial club. "Yeah, it's always good to get involve in stuff," he agreed. "I don't have a keen interest in history, and I don't really have the time, I'm focusing on my music this year," he told her with a warm smile.
@Lucie Vernier

Eugene turned to the girl who'd been wondering which to take and nodded at her. "Sure," he took one of those forms and handed it over to her, "Fill this out, get it back to us and we'll be in touch," he told her. "If you get in, you'll like end up working with Lucie here," he didn't know if this girl would get in, but would still be good to introduce people to each other.
@Veronique Chatelain

Rosie glanced between the two people, a boy and girl approached them. Salem was quicker to get them the sign up sheets. "Oh yeah, it'll be so much fun," she agreed with Salem. There was another boy and Rosie gave him a little smile. "Sometimes, but we also do a lot of planting, and gardening type things."
@Niall Corvus

Fraser put his name on the sign up sheet and then headed away from that table. He spotted the brotherhood and knew that was what he wanted. he was a brother, he could be part of the brotherhood. He approached the stall. "Hi, I'd like to sign up," he asked the older boy, the head boy, who clearly lead on the club.
@Jordan Harris

Niall considered for a moment whether he’d be any good at gardening, and while he didn’t think so, maybe being outside as much as possible would help him be better at other things like concentrating on his school work. “Alright,” he said, moving to sign his name up in the sheet after Baileys. “What other clubs are there?”

@Rosie Archer @Bailey Walden-Cade

Thankfully the wave of students seemed to be slowing and Indi could finally breathe again. She smiled as the girl wrote down her name and asked an actually interesting question. “Well for starters you need an extensive knowledge of spells both offensive and defensive that you can recall at the drop of a hat. Since there’s no use bothering to try if you can’t remember a shield charm off the top of your head.” she explained and crossed her arms in front of her chest. “And you need to be cool under pressure. If someone throws a fireball at your head you need to think straight or it’s a direct ticket to the hospital wing.” she said and looked the girl up and down. “Are you interested in dueling?” she asked. “But I do have to burst your bubble if you are, first years can't compete in the tournament next semester.” @Tempest Vero

Santiago had purposefully come down to the courtyard a bit late hoping that it wouldn't be so crowded. His old school had been bigger than this but somehow everyone living on top of each other made it feel decidedly claustrophobic. And it wasn't like he was dying to sign up for any of the clubs. But he couldn't be a hermit forever and he might as well try and make friends. He looked around at the different booths and his frown deepened as he went. Wild Patch sounded awful, he hated helping his grandma with her garden. Next was the newspaper which sounded so boring. Then there was the club for girls, no thanks, obviously. The SDA sounded kind of cool but the girl at the table looked strict and that was the last thing he needed. Finally there was the Brotherhood which seemed like the most tolerable of the bunch. Reluctantly he walked over and signed his name on the list. If it sucked he could always just stop going he reminded himself. He gave a slight nod to the club's leader before leaving glad he could at least say he was trying. @Jordan Harris

Sparrow had never been in a club before. He knew what they entailed theoretically, but he'd never had the experience to back up his hypothesis. They seemed like a lot of effort and that he wasn't necessarily sure he wanted to commit to having to show up somewhere on time on a regular basis. He'd have to do enough of that in class. He wandered around and examined the different stalls, swiping a lollipop each time when he thought no one was watching. He knew he was allowed to take them, but that wasn't as fun. Sparrow thought the arts club sounded just vague enough to be interesting and was curious as to what it'd actually look like. "Can I...? Uh?" he approached at the girl running the stall, miming holding a pen. He had a lot of questions he wanted to ask, but he'd rather do that when there weren't so many people vying for attention all at once. @Niamh Eriksen

Sky listened as the boy asked about wood and carving things. "we have a few carving things. but they may be more for clay than wood. I will have to look at them and see if they will be any good." she said. they did have to do an order for more paint and paper and all the other things an art club could need, so a few chezels could be added if need.
she looked back at the girl as she spoke exclaiming that she had another member. "nice to meet you neveah Welcome ot the club. i look forward to seeing you around" she said. she glanced over at eugene. he seemed to have quite a few people at his table. she was glad that she wasn't as busy and that she had some odea what she's doing after last year.
just as Neveah left another girl made her way to the table. "we would love to have you as a member. you just need to put your name on the list and help your self to decorating a cupcake" she said. smiling both to be friendly and because she was pleasedthat they day was going so well.
just then a boy approached the stall. asking if he could... "of course you can. you just need to put your name on the list" she said passing over a pen. "what kinds of arts do you two like?" she asked them both wondering if she was needingto get more specific materials.

@Oswald Brambleheart @Nevaeh O Ruairc @Riley Fisher @Sparrow Lacewing

hugo listened as the older student said that it wasn't a photography club but the school yearbook. and that they took a lot of photos there. that sounds interesting' he said, stepping back as a group of other people came towards the table. when they had moved on he stepped closer again. "so, can people just sign up for the clubs?" he asked not sure about how people joined clubs. the history club seemed happy to let anyone just add their name to the list, but he had heard that for quidditch you needed to try out.
@Eugene Nestor

Riley wouldn't say no to a decorated cupcake and took one from the table. She then added her name to the list so that she was going to get invited to the annual meetings. ''I love making scrapbooks'' She said to the leader. ''I take a lot of photo's and I use those in my books.'' Riley said while holding up her camera. She wasn't very artsy overall and she was pretty clumsy, but she was going to have fun for sure. @Niamh Eriksen

The last club she wanted to sign up was Heta Omega. She wasn't sure if the club was for her, but she knew a lot of people that were going to sign up. She walked over to the table where the president had a stand all decorated to suit the club. ''If I don't fit in with the club can I still back down?'' Riley asked the leader @Elara Chatelain

"Yes!" Rion said. "And you were my uncle's head of house. Do you remember Rudolf Lagowski?" Her dad had regaled her with many a story of his and his twin's school adventures; the name was bound to ring a bell. She titled her head in thought. "Umm... nothing specific," she began. But what if her suggestion led to the creation of a new club? Perhaps Professor Kingsley would even help her set it up. "Maybe potions club? Or-" she made sure nobody she knew was within earshot, shoved her lolly in her mouth- "chess?"

@Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Eugene glanced back at the young boy who had lingered about the club stand. "Yeah, pretty much," he told him. "For this one there's an application process because we produce a yearbook, which requires a bit more skill. But for the rest of them, you'll spot sign up sheets on the tables, you can just go and put your name down on one of those." Eugene motioned to the one of the Arts table. "What sort of thing interests you?" he asked him.
@Hugo Stark-West

Things were slowing down a little bit, but Elara still had a few people visit her table. A girl she recognized from Gryffindor came up to the table. "Well, I think there's a place for everybody in Heta Omega and that you can always find your people," she started, standing up from her seat. "But, if you really are not vibing, you can of course stop being a member. And that goes for any club," she said gently, holding out the pen if the girl decided she did in fact want to join. @Riley Fisher

Riley grabbed the pen and put her name on the list. ''We can always try.'' She said while writing her name down on the form. She shot the leader a smile and thanked her. Riley had enough clubs now, there were only three she was lacking and for one she wasn't even allowed to sign up. The defense club wasn't her cup of tea and the wild patch did sound pretty interesting, but she wasn't much of a gardener. @Elara Chatelain

After signing up for Heta Omega Eloise knew she had another club to sign up for. It might not be one that looked like it would fit her right away but she know her way around multiple instruments, so she figured it would be good to sign up. If only because she wanted to improve her music before she headed back home for the break. "Hi." She greeted the girl at the stand. "This is music as well, right?" She asked politely before reaching out for one of the sign up sheets. @Niamh Eriksen

Niall was still a bit confused about what all the clubs were, but he was sure he couldn't be the only one. After walking around a little more, he decided to put his name down for two others that struck his fancy; the SDA and the Brotherhood. Both sounded as though they'd be something he'd find interesting people in. He wasn't sure he'd be any good at writing gossip and he certainly wasn't about to join a Sorority.

@Indira Khatri @Jordan Harris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back