Y41 S1 Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice

Sawyer was ready for Branson this time when he took his shot, flexing his fingers tightly around the quaffle as he managed to snag it. "You guys ever feel like you get way into your head up here?" He asked the chasers mildly, throwing the quaffle back to them and stretching out his hands. He missed talking to Juniper but he wasn't sure he trusted trying to chat with the beaters right now.

Valeria's bat skimmed the top of a bludger that had come towards her.

Sticking close to Sutton, Finn was alarmed when a bludger came near the two of them. He moved quickly and swung, aiming to hit the ball away from the younger girl. His grip was off however, and instead he managed to smash the ball right into her. "Sorry!" Finn yelped, flying closer. "Sorry! I was trying to bat it away! Are you alright?!"
@Sutton Spencer

Branson Archer x1
Hamish Reid x1
Sutton Spencer x1

Branson was able to catch the ball again when it was thrown back out. It had just come in his direction.

Valeria winced in sympathy as the new beater was hit with a bludger, it was never fun. And it was a welcome distraction from her own failings.

Sutton had not realized how loud her scream must have been as the other beater came over to check on her. She nodded her head, trying not to laugh at how ridiculous she must have been. "Yes I'm fine!" She said happily. "Sorry for startling you though. This bludgers just come at you so fast" She added hoping that would explain the situation better.

She was about to say something else as a bludger came over in her direction. Distracted it managed to hit her rather hard. "Ouch" She said trying to remain balanced. She had never been hit with a bludger before. It certainly wasn't fun. "It's my fault. I was distracted" She added to the other beater. She knew it had not been on purpose. She had to get her head out of the clouds and back into the game, even if she was certainly a bit sore now.

@Finn Madison

Sawyer grimaced that Sutton took a bludger, but at least she didn't seem discouraged by it. Branson had the quaffle again too and Sawyer resolved himself to pause the chatting to focus on the game for a bit.

Branson got close to the hoops and threw the ball and was disappointed to miss. He was getting more on target but still need to get better.

Valeria was trying her best to not been disheartened when she missed another bludger.

Finn cringed when Sutton apologised to him, shaking his head quickly. "No, it's my fault! I aimed all wrong, I wasn't trying to hit you." He said quickly, glancing around. They had been hovering in the same place much too long. "I, uh... I'll keep going if you're sure you're fine..." He said nervously before flying off again. It was a wonder Sawyer hadn't kicked him off the team by now.

Sawyer was just able to move in time to block Branson's shot, knocking it aside with a low whistle at the close shot before scooping down to grab the quaffle and throw it back out.

Michael could see there was a lot of friendly fire and winced, putting an end to his laps to move in closer to the other chasers now he felt like he was flying very steadily.

Sawyer was glad to see Michael seemingly getting used to being up in the air, giving him a thumbs up as he joined the other chasers, wondering if he was confident enough to grab the quaffle yet.

Sutton pulled herself together. She did not plan on getting hit again. She could feel the bruise already forming but did not want to make her teammate feel bad. She nodded at him, flashing a smile before flying off in another direction. The blonde girl swung hard as a bludger came close to her once more, but clearly she hadn’t aimed right as it flew in a random direction.

Sefina caught nothing. She was glad to avoid any bludgers so far.

Sawyer leant on his broom, already feeling tired from trying to keep an eye on the entire team as well as the quaffle.

Hamish continued his search.

Branson caught the ball as it was thrown back out and began circling back towards the hoops.

Valeria was frustrated but kept focused she'd hit something in the right direction eventually.

Xiuying followed closely behind Branson, just in case she had the opportunity to steal the ball.

Sefina kept her eyes peeled for the snitch.

When Branson got close enough he threw the ball and was very happy to watch it sail through the furtherest left hoop.

Valeria hit a bludger but it went completely the wrong angle so missed every single other player.

Hamish continued his search.

Valeria tried to hit another bludger but it went completely wide once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back