Open Y40 Club Fair

The professor listened to Lysander. It all made sense to her, and she saw that the Hufflepuff's friend also seemed to think so. "Thank you, Lysander. It looks like you have some people waiting for you so we won't keep you any longer" she stated with a smile, happy there was a reasonable explanation for all of this. The young girl seemed to have shifted her annoyance to her friend, and the professor was going to be keeping an eye on her to see if she caused any more trouble.

@Lysander Summers @Elizabella Drake

Poppy smiled and sways side to side absentmindedly as the boy signed his name. "We'll have a meeting soon and everyone signs up to write their column." she explained and noticed another student who joined them. "Yes first years are welcome to join." Poppy answered excitedly. "Were you interested in signing up?" @Aaliyah Chun @Alexander Woodlock

Slate smiled as he listened to the girl answer Alexander's question. Another girl showed up, a Gryffindor whose name he did not catch. "I'm thinking Brotherhood. Maybe make new friends?", he suggested to his roommate. @Alexander Woodlock

Aaliyah secretly kept a journal from her parents, not that they would get upset about it but it was something she was shy to share. Maybe writing for the paper could help her improve them. "Yes, please!", she replied to the girl with a bright smile. @Poppy Perkins

Last edited:
Lumio was glad for Lucas, it was easier to keep track of the boy's signing up. The teen smiled at the last boy that appeared, and nodded, "Sure thing!" he handed the sign up sheet to the boy so that they could sign up.
@Stefan Kozlov

Stefan gave a small smile to Lumio as he took the sign-up sheet. He wrote down his name and handed it back. "Do I need to do something else?", he figured he should ask since the arts club had him design his name tag. @Lumio Skey

Sadie was just about to go to SDA stand when she noticed Slate, she didn't think a lot when she got through people and stood next to Slate and probably his new friend. "Hey, Slatie!" She jokingly said as she offered him her hand to hold. "Hey, I'm Sadie," she also said to his friend, and made sure that Slate was comfortable with her pruning up un conversation. "Are you signing up for Wild Patch or something like that after a Hogwarts Monthly?" Well, if he was going to join Wild Patch, Sadie would join too, even if she really sucked with plants. However, she adressed the question to both, Slate and his new friend.
@Slate Gates @Alexander Woodlock

Just as the words came out of Slate's mouth, a familiar voice spoke beside him. He turned and instantly, his face brightened. "Sadie!", he quickly grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. With Slate's name having only one syllable, Sadie rhymed it with hers. At her question, he shook his head. "Only Alexander signed up for the paper. I'm thinking I might join the brotherhood. What do you think, Say? Should I join?", he asked her. @Sadie Gates

Poppy smiled at the younger girl's enthusiastic reaction "That's great!" she said and pointed to the sign up list. "Just write your name and you're all set." she explained. @Aaliyah Chun

Aaliyah nodded as she slightly bent down to write her name. In her excitement, she did not realize that she wrote her name using the Korean characters 춘 아리야. "Thanks, I can't wait for the first meeting.", she said as she straightened up and waved goodbye to the older girl, about to leave. Her mind was already wandering to what ideas she could use for an article she could write. @Poppy Perkins

Lysander nodded, chuffed that it didn't have to go any further. "Thank you, professor." He said, eager to get back to his stall. He hurried away from the group and back to the safety of his plants, glad to see the leaping toadstools hadn't managed to leap away in his absence. He could breathe a sigh of relief.​

Casper felt almost dejected as two of the kids just signed up and took off. He had thought the name tags would have been such a good idea, was it really that bad? He sighed and sat down. It was then that he saw the name tag that Stefan had left. His heart fluttered as he looked at it. That was really a beautiful piece of work. He felt better looking at it. He knew then that even if everyone didn't respond to what he did, as long as he helped someone, he was doing alright as a club leader.

He looked up as a young boy approached him. He sat up, smiling for a brief moment before the boy spoke. His smile faltered as the boy brought up Kiara. Casper's heart sunk again and he sighed. "Thank you for telling me," he gave the boy a small smile, though it was a bit forced. "You can sign up right here. Once you've done that, you can step aside here. You can just fill in one of the name tags I made already, or you can design your own and bring it with you to your first meeting." He smiled at the boy. @Evander Mikaelson

As the boy stepped to the side, Casper turned his attention to the next student that walked up. Well, the next two. The first girl asked what they did, while the next asked to sign up. He smiled at them. "You can sign up here, and feel free to fill out a name tag from the ones I've made, or make your own," He told them, motioning to the supplies on the side of the table. @Charlotte Grant

He turned to look at the girl that had asked him what they did. "Well, conglomerated means a whole group of things put together while still being individual things," He tried to explain to her. "Here, see," Cas stood and motioned to the poster on the front of his desk. "We've all added something to this. See this patch here? It's painted. This one is a nice sketch. Over here is some fabric designs. And this one," Cas reached down and pressed it, and a cute melody played. "What we're trying to do is offer a safe place for artists to come together. Some of us are musicians, some of us like crafts. Art isn't just one thing, it's a whole lot of things, and all of them are beautiful." He chattered, smiling brightly. He looked up to her. "We have a lot of things, something for everyone." @Anais Chenevert

Noelle had heard of the club fair in full swing in the courtyard. He had joined the WPC once but never had the chance to fully participate. He suddenly thought of checking it out, wanting to see what the new leaders were up to in order to attract potential members. He had reached the courtyard and looked around to see who was in charge. Finally spotting @Professor Cyndi Kingsley, he slowly made his way to where she was. It still seemed surreal to be approaching his former professors as a colleague instead of being a student. "Good day, professor!", he greeted the woman politely the moment he was close enough to be seen.

Lumio shook his head. "Nope, you can have a snack!" he told him, motioning to what both he and Lucas had brought with them for people to take.
@Stefan Kozlov

Professor Kingsley wasn't used to seeing other professors at the club fair, but it was pleasant to have another one there. She grinned at the professor, one of the new ones. "You're the new Defense professor, right? I'm Cyndi Kingsley" she stated, holding out her hand for a shake. He looked only just older than the oldest of the students in the room. It reminded her of when she'd first started as a professor, many many moons ago.
@Professor Noelle Maxwell

Noelle bit back a small chuckle when Professor Kingsley introduced herself and settled for a smile. It made sense since he was not a Gryffindor and did not take her classes. He was not that popular to be remembered, not a quidditch player nor a prefect. Though he wondered if she was in tap with the grapevine of the happenings in her house as he recalled proposing and being rejected by a Gryffindor prefect. "Hello, professor.", he shook her hand. "Yes, I am. I'm Noelle Maxwell.", he introduced himself politely to the woman. @Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Evan felt like he forgot something and when Casper said that he can step aside. "Oh, she also asked you to meet her after a Club Fair, and thank you," he awkwardly smiled and then took one of the tags that he could decorate himself and then went back to his dorm, not wanting to be more around people. @Casper Beckett

Stefan nodded at what Lumio said and grab a cookie out of respect. "Thanks. I'll see you at the meeting.", he bid goodbye to Lumio and Lucas. @Lumio Skey @Lucas Fletcher

Aaliyah doubled back to the art booth just in time for it to somehow quiet down. She smiled at Casper before taking one of the name tags and writing her name. She somehow chose a fountain pen that was on the table as it was close to what she normally used at home. She handed it to the boy with a shy smile. "Is this okay? I can leave this here, right? For it to dry.", she said. @Casper Beckett

Valentina hoped the club fair would be a good opportunity for her to find something that would help her settle into her life at her new school. She hadn't done much so far outside of talking to a few of her housemates. Once she entered the great hall she looked around at the various stalls showing what clubs Hogwarts had to offer. Most of them were of no interest to her but Heta Omega seemed like an interesting option, while she didn't feel like the 'sorority' type it would at least give her the opportunity to meet and make friends with girls, something she'd struggled with up to that point in her school life. She decided she'd go over and approach the Heta Omega table and speak to the club leader. "Hey, I'd like to sign up,"

@Nicole Fisk

Blair wasn't sure if she really wanted to sign up for Heta Omega but she thought that it was a good idea, after all, she didn't know a lot of People in the school. "Hey, just signing up, I know how meetings work, thank you, bye," she gave a light wave and just faded away from the Clubs fair, not wanting to even have a thought to sign herself up somewhere. @Nicole Fisk

"Nice to meet you" she stated just as politely. The woman surveyed the grounds, making sure there were no other commotion before turning her attention back to the new professor. "How are you settling in? I know the first few weeks are always pretty chaotic" she stated. Part of it was working with the home sick students and the roommate conflicts but the other part was that she always spent a week searching for an item only to inevitably realize that she'd left it home. The woman kept telling herself she should simply buy two of everything but it seemed like such a waste.
@Professor Noelle Maxwell

Casper was surprised when the boy asked him to meet Kiara after the club fair. He was almost sure already what she wanted to talk about. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind and turned his attention to the girl that came back as she handed him a name tag. "Sure, you can leave that here, I'll have it ready for you." He promised her with his best smile. @Aaliyah Chun

Casper noticed then that Lysander was walking back to his table. Acting on impulse, Casper quickly pulled over his name tag supplies. It took him a few minutes, but soon he'd sketched out a very elaborate name tag, filled with a rainbow of flowers and the wording 'His Majesty'. He slipped away from his own table, sliding the name tag onto Lysander's table when he thought the other boy couldn't see before darting back to his own. @Lysander Summers

Juniper was glad another student had come to sign-up and gave her a smile. "Don't forget to take a button so you know when our meetings are!" The Ravenclaw hoped a few more would join but as the fair was winding down, she felt a pit in her stomach.
@Aika Chen

Lysander was busy keeping an eye out for other potential subjects gardeners, and didn't immediately spot the brightly coloured tag on his table. He furrowed his brow in confusion as he picked it up, turning it over to figure out who might have left it behind, only to realise it was for him. Casper's art style was recognisable at this point. He chuckled to himself and caught sight of the Hufflepuff, holding it up to let him know he got it before he stuck it to his shirt to proudly display. Just in case people still didn't get the hint that he was the king.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back