Y36 Club Fair

Estella listened as the older girl explained to her that it was kind of like magazine meets newspaper, and Estella found that rather interesting. She took the old issue that the girl gave her and gave it a look as some other people came over to the table. She flipped through the pages, chuckling a little bit at some fo the articles, before turning back to the girl. "Can I please join!?" the Hufflepuff asked her excitedly, hoping she could be a part of something like this and that there would be room for her.

@Nell Wright

Ann smiled happily while @Emilia Manning told her to sign her name and take a bracelet and heart-shaped chocolate. While doing so she looked up at Emilia, “I can’t wait. Thank you very much.” Ann put the bracelet around her wrist, once again thanked Emilia and then moved out of the way so the other girls could sign up as well. She walked over to a nearby bench on the sun and sat herself down to enjoy the sun. These rays might very well be the last warm ones of the year, since summer was rapidly coming to an end.

"Totally!" Nell said brightly, pleased that there were so many young students interested in joining the club. "Here, just sign up on this list!" She said, handing the girl a list and a pencil.
@Estella Fuentes

Emerson decided to not wait around much longer for an answer about the SDA when he saw a sign for the Brotherhood. The name intrigued him and he walked over to the older boy standing there. "It is like the knights of the Templar type of stuff? Or just general guy stuff?" He asked the older boy standing guard of the table. @Abian Hunter

Elliot was checking over the sign up sheet, both a little nervous and pleased to see how many new names they'd collected on there when another younger student approached the table. "Hi, just sign your name right here and you're in," He told her with a friendly smile, sliding the list over to her. "You can also take a flower crown or a rose if you'd like." @Alison Urquhart

Alison beamed as she quickly scribbled her name on the sign up sheet, took a flower crown and fixed it on her head and looked up again at the club leader. "Thanks, see you soon," she said walking away from the table.

Terrell took the quill and signed his name on the parchment. For all he knew the Brotherhood of Magic was a secretly evil cult that he had just signed his soul away to. But the group sounded cool, the 'Brotherhood of Magic' and the guy recruiting seemed pretty chilled out. It probably wasn't an evil cult, and just a chance for a bunch of wizards to hangout.

Estella beamed when the older girl said she could join, and quickly took the list and the pencil that she gave her and scribbled her name down. It would be so fun to be a part of this and Estella was excited for what the year would bring as she gave it back to the older girl. "Thanks, I guess I'll see you soon!" she exclaimed, before walking away.

@Nell Wright

Emmaline had lost track of time. She knew that they were having club meetings today, but time felt like it was running out as the young Gryffindor girl ran down to the Courtyard. She really was hoping that she did not miss her chance to sign up. Emmaline knew she could do perfect in all her classes, but if she had not extra-curricular activities her resume would be lacking. This was unacceptable to the young girl, and of course even more unacceptable to her mother.

Emmaline was running at full speed at she reached the courtyard. Coming to an abrupt stop, the young brunette gave herself a few minutes to catch her breath. Luckily it seemed like others were still enjoying the club fair. She hadn't missed it. A sigh of relief left her lips as the blue eyed girl scanned around the club booths looking for the one she had in mind.

Emmaline had discussed her options with her mother to see what would look best on her school records. Her mother gave her a couple options, which surprisingly she let Emmaline make the last decision. Emmaline had decided she wanted to join the School Newspaper. She loved to observe which she thought would be a good quality in a writer. Plus the young Gryffindor spent most her time writing notes; she knew she had the motivation.

Finally Emmaline spotted the Hogwarts Monthly Booth with the club's leader @Neil Wright. Emmaline adjusted her uniform and tucked her hair behind her left ear before she made her way over to the booth of her choice. "Hello" Emmaline said with a bright smile towards the older girl who was running the booth. "I would love to join the Hogwarts Monthly Club" Emmaline admitted hoping there were still spots opened.

(@Nell Wright )

"See you!" Nell said cheerfully as one of the new members departed, pleased to have grown their numbers by so much. She had taken the moment of quiet to check over the sign up list and see who was interested when another girl approached the table, taking her by surprise. "Oh, yes!" Nell said cheerfully, quickly holding the sign up sheet out for her. "Just put your name down on the list!"
@Emmaline Hopkins-Vance

Emmaline's smile grew when she was told she could join the club. If there was no space, she would have chosen something else, which would have been in all honesty disappointing. "Thank you so much!" The Gryffindor said brightly as she reached out for the sign up sheet. Emmaline wrote her name neatly, trying to fit her entire name on the form. This always was an issue with her hyphenated last night. Filling out those scan-trons in primary school were just a nightmare for this young girl.

"I really appreciate it!" Emmaline added handing over the sign up sheet back to the girl. Done and Done Emmaline thought happy there was one less than she would have to worry about. She was on her path to creating the perfect Hogwarts Career. Her mother would be proud, which would keep her here enjoying her freedom here at school. "Is there anything I need to know about meetings?" She asked curiously. She had to keep everything scheduled in order to have the time for everything that needed done. Emmaline could not let her responsibilities to the a club interfere with her classes. She would have to come up with a timetable to keep everything in order. However thinking about the logistics, Emmaline had to admit she was looking forward to being part of a club. She had never been able to experience anything like this before.

@Nell Wright

Nell beamed as the girl signed up, pleased to have another new member for the club. She shook her head when the girl asked if there was anything she should know before the first meeting. "No, don't worry! There are a lot of new people this year, so our first meeting there's going to be a lot of discussing how things work. I'll let you know when it's time, and you can just show up and learn the ropes!" Nell smiled cheerfully, hoping that things would actually go as smoothly as all that. Not for the first time she felt terrifyingly unqualified to be in the position she was in. What if she got it all wrong?
@Emmaline Hopkins-Vance

Emmaline nodded her head as she listened to the older student explain that they would learn everything at their first meeting. Less time to plan, but Emmaline could wait. "Perfect" She said with a warm smile. The leader of the club seemed nice and organized, which Emmaline could definitely respect. "I guess I'll see you at the first meeting then!" She said waving to the other girl.

Emmaline left the courtyard before she was tempted to sign up for another club. Two clubs would look good on my school records She thought briefly before shaking her head. She needed to have some time for herself and not everything could always be planned. Emmaline felt a relief that she had officially signed up for a club. Now it was time to get back to work. The young Gryffindor flashed one last smile at the courtyard and her peers, before she once again headed to the library. There were so many books to get through, so much she still did not feel like she knew.

@Neil Wright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back