Y30 Club Fair

Sara nodded as the older Gryffindor explained what the club was about and because she said it would improve her skills she was more interested by the minute. She watched as another student, who seemed to be the Gryffindor's friend, came over to sign up. Sara furrowed her eyebrows in concentration, as she decided whether she wanted to join the SDA or not. So when the Gryffindor Prefect finished speaking to Sara, she smiled widely at her and said simply, "Awesome! Sign me up." The club would give her something exciting and fun to do while at the same time being useful for the young Slytherin. It hadn't taken a lot of convincing for Sara to want to become part of the Student Defense Association.​

Asaiah chuckled when Lennon seemed to ignore his comment about being here for the newspaper only. He should have figured that the Ravenclaw was going to do this to him. He tapped his feet and waited for the Ravenclaw to be finished talking to the girls who had joined them. He was starting to get annoyed that Lennon let him wait this long for a reply so instead of saying what he wanted to say the moment Lennon turned back to him again, Asaiah said, ''You should really get over it, dude. It has been, what, two years now? I have tried apologising to your sister. If you want to hold me responsible for what happened, fine, but don't be such a f*cking poop about it still.'' He didn't care if there were other people around them since the whole school already knew that he was one of the three students that had broken into and completely trashed the Ravenclaw common room. ''I'm here to join the newspaper, by the way'' He told him after a deep breath, though doubted that Lennon would let him join the Hogwarts Monthly after this.

"Great! Happy to help." Ainsley was pleased that Eleanor accepted her help, setting her baskets of fruit on the table next to the flower crowns. She had thought that she had emotionally prepared herself for just how busy the clubs fair would get, but before long they were swamped with people asking questions and with things to say. Not sure how best to answer people's questions, Ainsley left it to Eleanor, trusting the club president to know how to represent them properly. She stuck to her fruit, offering them to people who approached the stall.

Acacia was still looking for ways to make friends in this new country, and joining a club seemed like the obvious best way to go about that. By the time she made it to the club fair it was already busy and loud, but the booths were easily labelled enough that she could tell which was which. Only one club actually stood up as seeming like it would be fun to join though, and so she approached the club that seemed to be all girls, giving the girls behind the table a friendly smile. "Hi! Is this like, a friendship club for girls kind of thing?"

The most difficult thing about beginning her magical education, was having to give up the theatre. Domi could always keep practicing by herself, or put on shows with her friends once she made some, but she needed something to do, any kind of activity with a group or she would be stir-crazy within a week. That in mind, Domi made her way to the club fair, determined to find something to do. Looking around at the options... gardening was boring, newspapers were boring, duelling... could be promising, but Domi felt like she should leave it until she actually knew a few spells. That only really left one option. Making her way over to the club that just seemed to be for girls to hang out, Domi bumped slightly past another girl asking questions to introduce herself. "Hi! I'm Domi! Where do I sign up for the club?"

Emilia was relieved to see her cousin Athena, and gave her a wide smile. "Yes, I want to join too! Especially if you are. Evelyn is in it, right?" She asked her cousin excitedly. "I'd love to join together." She waited now for her cousin to take the lead. As her cousin greeted another girl, Emilia just stood by and smiled shyly. She hoped they would get to sign up soon, and actually felt a little jealous Athena had already made friends. She wasn't surprised, as her cousin was a lot less shy than she was.

Amber was glad Isabelle didn't mind her helping, and as Maddie wasn't here yet maybe she could use the help. A lot of girls seemed to want to sign up, and it was difficult to know where to start. Amber saw Isabelle help a young Gryffindor girl, so she focused on the others. "Hi, if you want to sign up you can sign up here." She said in the direction another Gryffindor girl and a quiet Hufflepuff, but they seemed to be chatting with another girl too and before she could answer two more girls asked to join. Amber focused on the Hufflepuff, as she noticed how the Slytherin bumped her out of the way slightly. She would have to wait. "That's pretty much exactly what it is." She said brightly. "Do you want to join? It's a lot of fun."

Jacob listened to the explanation offered by the Wild Patch leader. It sounded really interesting, and he was glad she'd explained it all. As she offered him a flower crown, Jacob looked at it. It looked handmade but even so it was nice looking. Finally he reached a hand out slowly and took it. "Thanks" he murmured, holding it in front of him. Just as he was about to leave, one of the girls he'd met on the train stepped up and began asking questions about the club. Jacob stood in place, trying to seem like he was just glancing at the pamphlets on the table. He was mighty interested in hearing the answer though. The eleven year old twirled the crown around his wrist as he 'read' and listened. He still hadn't decided that he was one hundred percent joining this club.

Geo clapped her hands together when Bee said she could show her some of the charms, not minding at all that she wouldn't be able to use them in the actual tournament. As she heard a voice beside her, she turned to see Sara, who also seemed interested in the club. If Sara joined, at least she could come up against her in the duels as they were in the same year, and she would have to be careful about her own competitive streak. It would be aweful if she was to accidently sent one of her own friends to the hospital wing. No, the full competition would have to be saved for Quidditch practise, and she would try to do her best in helping others defend themselves as much as she knew how. "This is going to be amazing" Geo added, watching the Slytherin sign up. Geo had had her name down for a year already, but she was keen to actually spend time with those involved. She nodded in agreement upon hearing that the club was equal regardless of gender, and Geo gave the Gryffindor such a look of admiration that only a few around the castle had ever received. Bee wasn't like James or Maddie, or most of her current friends, and she just loved her attitude. As much as she wanted to stay though, Geo did have one other club she wanted to join while she was here. It was because of Flavio that she'd heard of the Wild Patch club, and regrettably she excused herself from the SDA table, to sign up for the second club before they ran out of time.

Diana knew the club she wanted to join, so she figured this would be easy. She'd pop in, sign up, and head back out. Rose was also a member of Heta Omega, though her sister talked more often about the stupid Wild Patch club instead. Diana figured she'd make friends fast in Heta Omega, which was something she needed. To her dismay, however, there seemed to be a whole gathering at the Heta Omega table. She counted at least five other first years trying to sign up. She scowled and stood next to Domi. "I hope this isn't going to take forever." She complained, probably loud enough for the older girls to hear.

Soohye had decided to see what was happening at the Great Hall, and since hearing that there would be a fair for all the clubs around the castle, she was curious how they differed from those she was involved in while at Beauxbatons. She'd spent long enough away from her siblings not to mind that she was in a large crowd of strangers, and didn't expect to see any of them there either. It wasn't exactly where she would think to go looking for them, as they would be more likely to be on their own hiding away. "Hi" Soohye said, passing across to a table that looked as though it was all for girls. She certainly liked the idea of a club like that, and supporting your fellow females while at Hogwarts, but she kept walking, hoping to see something that sparked her interest, perhaps a dance club. As she walked she could hear one smaller girl loudly complaining, and while Soohye turned her head to see what was wrong, she wasn't sure it was a good idea for her to get involved.

Taerin had no wish to be part of any team or group, but she felt the need to check what clubs were available so that she knew the different areas in the school. With her head held high, she walked into the room, instantly spotting someone she hoped she'd rather not see just yet. Taerin didn't mind that she and her sister had joined Isaac in Ravenclaw, but after spending most of her life knowing that Soohye had chosen to run away to France rather than stay with her family, had always left a bit of a bad taste in the youngest Kendall-Wus mouth. Choosing to ignore her, she passed another obnoxious Slytherin student whom she recognised but didn't feel like engaging with. She scanned the room, trying to figure out which students were signing up to which clubs, although at this point the room was heaving and it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. Taerin sighed, wondering that maybe this had been a complete waste of time.

Soonkyu had been outside the Great Hall for nearly half an hour when she spotted her younger sister wander through the doors. She had tried to lay a trap for any student when they came out, but it wasn't going to plan and the ingredients for her prank were laying unused on the floor beside her. Neither Kimmy nor Isaac had paid her much attention since she joined. Kimmy was so infatuated with a boy that she'd barely noticed anything asides from him and Quidditch, and Isaac's schedule differed from hers so greatly they never seemed to meet. Both Soohye and Taerin though had joined the school this year, although not in the best house apparently. She picked herself off the ground, deciding to follow her youngest sister in to see what was happening in there, and who she'd missed out on pranking.

Casting her eyes around the room, it didn't even look as though there were any clubs worth joining anyway. She caught sight of Soohye too, a pang of jealously building up in her quickly as she realised once again that she was free from being forced to deal with their family the last few years. She knew she should be grateful she was back but it was hard when she'd left so quickly. Soonkyu wondered if there really was any club she could join, but since none of them seemed to promote pranks, she felt she was better off without them.

Despite being at the school for six years, this was the first time the eldest Kendall-Wu had stepped foot in the club fair. When she'd first been sorted, she was so shy and introverted that she didn't even want to make any friends. It wasn't until she'd joined the Quidditch team in her fourth year that she felt she actually had something worth trying to stand up for, and now that she was a year away from graduation she knew she'd come along way in the time she'd been here. She listened as someone was explained about Heta Omega, although as much as she changed she still wasn't sure whether she was going to be able to cope with a big group of girls as her new friends. She continued to walk around the hall, spending a few minutes at each one to overhear what was being said, and she'd stopped at the table for the Hogwarts Monthly, wondering that if she'd heard about this a few years prior, it would have certainly sounded like something she'd do. She didn't mind writing, and being able to observe events would have suited her very well. As a seventh year however, she wasn't sure the club would even want her now. Over hearing one of the younger students complain however, she looked across to see Soohye turning her head in the direction of the sounds, and Kimmy spotted someone from her own house waiting to sign up for a club. Making her way over, tapping her sisters shoulder with affection on the way past, she wondered why the girl was in such a rush. "Are you signing up to lots of things today?" As a first year, she had plenty of time and opportunities ahead of her. Why was she in such a rush?

Peony walked into the great hall with her head held high. She was going to join SDA and she was going to make her father proud. When he heard that she had joined the Student Defence association she was sure she would be the favourite triplet, she just knew it. Dittany didn't like moving around and preferred to stay in one place and her brother... well, he wasn't like her either. She grinned at herself as she heard some people talking about the club she wanted to join and she rushed over. "Hi! I'm Peony, where do I sign!?" Her father was a famous duellist, how could she not want to duel?

Athena was more than delighted when Lavinia joined her side and seemed very excited to join the Wild Patch Club. Athena smiled at the older girl responsible for the club and signed her name, giving the sign up sheet to her cousin so she could also put her own name down. This was going to be really exciting. "Thank you! See you at the meetings," she flashed another smile at the Hufflepuff Prefect and together with Lavinia she walked around to see what else she could join. There was still the possibility of joining the sisterhood. The newspaper magazine thing didn't really interest her so she went to the Heta Omega one. It seemed like a lot of people were already wanting to talk to the club Heads however so Athena wasn't 100% sure if she should wait or come back.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="black">The Hufflepuff nodded, eagerly bouncing up and down, not even bothering to try calm down. This was going to be an amazing year! She could feel it. She knew she would have fun at Hogwarts after her cousins told her all the wonderful things and people here and now Lavinia got to experience, live it with them. "Great! Thank you so much," she said as she quickly wrote down her name on the list. "Bye!" she waved to her housemate as Athena pulled her away from the stall and towards another one with all girls. Wherever Lavinia could make friends was a good place to be.​

The signal for Lilyanna to be quieter did not exactly make sense to the Slytherin and she shrugged, shyly before looking at the ground as she thought she did something wrong. As Lennon politely spoke to her however, she looked up and nodded. "Yes, I am." she muttered, not thinking she was going to be of much help anyway. She didn't really feel like yelling like everyone else and didn't really know what to do. She watched as someone approached the stand and glanced at Lennon before stepping forward to answer the Slytherin girl's question. "We write articles for the Hogwarts Monthly which is the school's newspaper." she said simply, her eyes darting nervously around the room.

Eleanor was surprised at the younger girl's question. She had seemed so shy before and was now ready to ask Ellie all she could. The Hufflepuff smiled at her. "Not entirely. Flowers represent many different emotions, but most importantly love. Pride events are just small things we do to support those who may not feel comfortable with who they are and it's just a place where we can support them. We don't do them every year and they aren't compulsory." Ellie explained, hoping her answer was suitable enough for the younger student. She didn't want her to think that was their main focus. "We also, more importantly, grow fruits and vegetables for the house elves and roses for Valentine's Day." she told her before waving goodbye to the other Hufflepuff girl and her friend.

Acacia had barely gotten her question about Heta Omega out when another girl shoved past her asking to join. It irritated Acacia, but she didn't want to start making enemies before she had made any friends, so she bit her tongue and gave the girl a pointed look instead. She was relieved when a prefect she recognised from the first night of school spoke directly to her, and smiled back gratefully. "That sounds wonderful! I'd love to sign up." She said happily, hoping that most of the people in the club were like this older girl and not the rude one who had pushed her.

Domi was not used to being ignored, and she did not like it one bit. As she was processing how to respond to the girl at the desk ignoring her, to her relief she heard the familiar voice of one of her roommates. At least Diana had some sense. "They really ought to be better organised." She responded, not caring if it was loud enough for the girls at the desk to hear. Turning her attention back to the older girl, Domi cleared her throat and tapped her finger on the table. "Excuuuse me, I said I'd like to sign up, please!"

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Sam straightened when someone took notice of her, she recognised the older girl from when she led the first years to the common room, she was one of the Prefects. Sam smiled at her, even though the girl seemed a little nervous talking to her. She wondered why but dared not to ask, instead asking another question. "Am I allowed to join? I mean, I'm a first year, and I wanted to make sure before doing something I'm not authorised to do." The Slytherin really hoped she could join the school newspaper, and if she could, she would show others that despite her young age she would be capable of writing articles. Or whatever the Hogwarts Monthly was responsible for. "I love writing and I'm quite organised with these sorts of things," Sam added, just in case it took a little convincing on her part.​
<i>
</i>

Lennon wasn't paying much attention to Asaiah, preferring to occupy his time with people actually interested in joining the paper, but the second Asaiah began to talk he snapped his head back over to the Slytherin. Lennon narrowed his grey eyes at the boy, piercing him with a glare. Was he serious? First, Lennon was annoyed the boy was creating a scene at the club fair in front of other younger students who were trying to join. But what else could he expect from someone as immature as Asaiah? His twin had told him how temperamental he and his friends were, and it seemed the boy hadn't grown up much since the incident in the Ravenclaw room. "Careful now, don't want to get banished to your common room again," Lennon warned with a flash.

Secondly, he was offended the boy thought a simple pitiful excuse of an apology would suffice for the hurt he caused his twin sister. It was clear Asaiah thought what he and his friends did to Zara was just some silly prank; he didn't have the compassion to think of how it could have affected his sister psychologically. Maybe this was Lennon was being overprotective or overthinking it, but he knew Zara better than anyone else, maybe even better than she knew herself. He believed if it hadn't been for Asaiah and his friends, Zara wouldn't be struggling so much to be open and honest with herself since she faced so much backlash in being honest about the boy standing here. Asaiah had his cronies and family for support at all times, but Lennon only had Zara in this world. No, Lennon would not accept Asaiah or his measly apology until his sister could accept herself without shame.

"You're lucky I can't actually turn you away from joining," he said, shoving the sign up sheet in his hands. He knew as a leader of a student club he couldn't just turn someone away simply because he didn't like them, the Headmistress would never accept that as a worthy excuse to deny Asaiah entrance to the paper.

OOCOut of Character:
If you're interested in joining the Hogwarts Monthly and are afraid your post won't get seen in the Club Fair or something, please PM this form me so I won't accidentally miss you! :)

Name:
House:
Year:
What are you interested in writing about?

Isabelle was grateful to Amber as she helped her with talking to younger girls and as she heard two other voices she turned to them, her smile faltering a bit as she heard how rude they were being. She quickly smiled friendly towards them again and put her hands on her hips. "Hi! As you can see, we're busy today and it would be appreciated if you could be a little more patient. Would you like to sign up?" she asked the two Slytherins, hoping her words hadn't chased them away and if they had, well, it was their choice whether to join the sisterhood or not.

@Peony Belrose
Bee was so happy to see so many people interested in signing up for the SDA, and was even more impressed that it was mostly girls who were interested in dueling. As a woman, she did wonder if perhaps her role as the president of the club affected how seriously boys took the SDA and whether it discouraged boys to join. That was something that she was always going to have in the back of her mind as a woman who strove for positions of power, but she hoped that wasn't the case here at Hogwarts since dueling was based on skill so it put people on equal ground. And being the optimist she was, Bee chose to believe her role as a leader was actually inspiring the younger girls to want to follow in her footsteps and strive to become the best duelists they can be.

Bee continued to sign people up and smiled when she saw a young blonde girl approach the table. "Hi Peony!" she replied easily. Bee was eager to recruit but her smile faltered when she recognized the girl. As a Gryffindor prefect, she was in charge of leading all the new first years on the first night and keeping an eye on them, so she knew this girl wasn't old enough to join. Part of her hoped maybe she was just a really short transfer student, but she knew the chances of that were slim. Bee frowned apologetically an dsaid, "I'm sorry, the SDA is only for second years and up because first years do not know enough magic to properly duel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back