Thomas Homestead 2

Nancy smiled at Tristan, "Thank you, Tristan." she replied. "Is pumpkin juice or milk fine...or would you like tea or water or anything?" she asked Tristan. Nancy was frazzled with trying to help Mindy get her supper and watch over Kale at the same time, praying that he wouldn't have anymore obnoxious behavior at the table.

"Actually, pumpkin juice would be great," Tristan said, taking a bite of his potatoes afterward. He savored the food, grinning after he swallowed. "These are great," he said, digging in slowly. He had manners, no less, and he was far away from being a brute. He glanced at Estrella from time to time, but for no more than a few seconds, trying to figure out what she was thinking about the whole thing.

Mindy sat at the edge of her chair with her fork in her hand, she stabbed a piece of turkey and stared at it. Shoveling the piece of turkey in her mouth she chewed it up and swallowed, "So, Mister! How old are you?" Mindy asked Tristan, naive on the etticute(sp?lol) on how to really start a dinner conversation.

"Thirty-nine," Tristan replied with a smile. He remembered Estrella at that innocent age for a fleeting moment, and then trying to push it out of his mind, put a forkful of food in his mouth.

Kale snorted at Mindy's question and Tristan's answer. This guy is so fake.. he thought with a grim look. Kale got a spoonful of mashed potatos and put them on his plate.

Estrella rolled her eyes knowingly at Kale, and took a spoonful of mashed potatoes herself. She eyed them greedily; they were her favorite food, after all.

She spent some time glancing at her dad, wondering what in the hell he was up to. In this situation, she was just as clueless as Kale was.

Mindy smiled at Tristan, "Really?! Woah! That's old!" she giggled as she took a gulp of her milk. "Oh! Oh! I forgot!...What's your favorite color?" Mindy asked with interest while bouncing in her chair and humming.

Estrella snorted at Mindy's question, and then the outburst at how old her dad was. She grinned; at her age, Mindy was young enough to voice such things.

She really likes colors, doesn't she? she mouthed to Kale.

"Hmm, that's a hard one," Tristan said, appearing thoughtful. "Ah- I would say blue. Dark blue." He grinned at Mindy. "And what is your favorite?"

He could tell that neither Estrella or her boyfriend were comfortable with him being there, but he didn't exactly expect them to. He wasn't out to fool them, after all.

Kale looked at Tristan, rolling his eyes when he answered Mindy's question. Leaning into Estrella, he whispered "I don't think I could take this any longer.." he then had a sudden thought and added, "I wish there was a swing around...maybe he could push Mindy.." Kale snickered at the thought of her kicking Estrella's father.

Estrella snorted, pumpkin juice in danger of coming out of her nose. The thought made her ribs hurt, and she had to surpress her laughter. Her eyes alight, she looked to Kale. She needed a few minutes where she could talk to him alone, and maybe find out what was going on.

Hoping that Kale would catch on, she groaned, "I don't feel so good-" She rose from her chair, walking out of the dining room with an apologetic look towards Mrs. Thomas. She walked out of the door, acting like she had needed a bit of fresh air.

"I love purple. Just like Estrella!" she giggled and walked over to the baby, "What is his favorite color?!" Mindy smiled while pointed at the baby.

Kale laughed at the comical look on Estrella's face, at her departure from the table he sensed that she wasn't going outside just because she wasn't feeling well. Kale looked at his mother, "Ehh...I need to go to the restroom." he got up, scootched his chair in and didn't walk toward the bathroom, he too walked out the door seconds after Estrella had.

"You know, I have no idea what Erik's favorite color is," Tristan said, grinning. "But wait about a year and he'll be able to tell you."

His eyes followed Estrella as she acted sick, walking out of the room. Nice fake out, he thought, and went back to eating his vegetables.

"Ugh," Estrella said, walking away from the house a bit and crossing her arms over her chest, "Sorry, I just had to get away from that for a few moments."

Kale grinned at Estrella, "No, don't be sorry...I was ready to leave the moment we got there.." he said shaking his head. "But...Why is he here??" Kale droned, walking away from the house. "This is just too weird.."

"It is," Estrella nodded, agreeing. "Why would he be sitting here sucking up to your family? Leech," she spat, and then turned to Kale, sighing. "Well, at least he isn't demanding that I leave or anything. I just might have to go beserk."

"Nah! Wouldn't happen...I wouldn't let you go without a fight." Kale laughed, opening his arms for a warm hug. "And what is up with my mum?? This is just tripping me out...I'm sorry Estrella, but I am not a fan of your father." he rolled his eyes, crickets were chirping and a full moon was visible without a single cloud in the sky. "What do you think he wanted to talk to you about?" Kale inquired.

"Thanks," Estrella said, grinning as she accepted Kale's hug, listening to the crickets chirping. "Maybe he knows you'll kick his @ss!" She swore, grinning, "After that last thing at Stark Manor, ya know. Hah, I'm sure he recognizes you."

She sighed. "I have no idea what he wants to talk about. But I don't care what, I am not going anywhere."

Kale laughed and nodded his head, "Yeah, this time he wouldn't have help from his motley crew.." he chimed sarcastically with a snicker. Kale knew that her father could take him down in a heart beat at his size, but it was still fun to fantasize. "Milk is not cool coming out of your nose by the way..." he added, bringing up what had happened previously at the dinner table. Kale kept her enveloped in his hug, despite the fact it was summer, night's in Ireland still got chilly. He was happy to be out of the tension filled house, he didn't want to go back.

"Yeah, I"m sure that had to hurt," Estrella laughed, hugging him back. "I'm sorry. I just thought making you laugh would make the situation lighter." It was indeed chilly, and she clung close to Kale, smiling broadly. "I don't necessarily want to go back in either."

Kale laughed and rolled his eyes, "Maybe if we stay out long enough, he'll leave?" he looked at Estrella, "You're little brother sure is cute." Kale exclaimed & gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, he is," Estrella said, grinning, kissing Kale back.

"Or maybe, we could freak him out a bit. He'll come out eventually." She grinned mischieviously, kissing him full on the lips. "He won't know what to do," she sniggered.

Mindy grinned brightly at Tristan, "Really? For now...let's say his favorite color is...magenta!" she giggled, getting out of her chair she walked toward the baby and tickled his foot. She bounced around the house finished with dinner, wondering where Estrella had gone. "Where did Estrella go??" Mindy frowned.

"Not sure," Tristan said, his expression darkening just a bit. "But I believe she went outside."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back