Thomas Homestead 2

Estrella stopped dead, the words caught in her throat as she saw her father, sitting on the couch, no one else in sight. She gasped, her hand moving to her pocket, trying to get a hold of her wand. But her fingers were like butter, her whole body shaking, unable to bring it to bear.

She clutched Mindy's hand a little too hard, moving towards Kale. What the hell was he doing here?

Tristan held up his hand, but made no other moves, his expression remaining blank. "Calm down," he said quietly, "I'm not here to hurt anyone."

Kale didn't move, he tried to keep his ground and stand up straight. He didn't even want Mindy in the same room as him, he tried to push her to the side. "What the hell are you doing here?" Kale asked, his voice cold & his expression stiff.

"I'm here for dinner," he said blankly. "And to discuss some things with my daughter." His gaze turned to Estrella. "And I brought Erik with me." He remained sitting, trying to appear as calm as possible.

"Erik?" Estrella choked, her expression softening just a bit. But where was her baby brother? Was he lying?

Kale looked to Estrella, a lump was in his throat, he brought his gaze back to Tristan. He was skeptical with him there, and wasn't sure whether or Tristan was worth trusting. Kale stood in the doorway, looking for his mother, "Where's my mum?" he asked.

"She went upstairs," Tristan replied calmly, taking a sip of his tea. "Your brother, is it? He seemed to be having a problem."

Not trusting her father at all, Estrella finally had the sense to pull out her wand, pointing it at him, her expression construed in anger. "You better not be lying."

Tristan's eyes narrowed, his expression darkening. "Put that down. I'm not here to do anything."

Mindy removed the grip of Estrella's and looked at the man who was sitting down on the sofa and walked toward him with a bounce in her step, "Who are you?" she asked friendily with a cheeky grin.

"I'm Tristan," he said, grinning at the little girl to prove his friendliness. "I'm Estrella's dad." He looked to his daughter and the kid beside her, waiting for their reactions.

Regardless of her own thoughts, Estrella lowered her wand, but unable to stop Mindy in time. She watched with a lump in her throat as Mindy approached her father, but she was unhurt. Nothing happened. She looked to Kale warily, wondering what in the world was going on.

((kay I need to go, I'll be on tmrw :lol: ))

Kale watched at Mindy walked over to Tristan and nearly puked. This guy was fake. Kale wanted to jump on him and rip his eyes out with his bare hands. "Mindy..come here." he ordered, with a serious look on his face. One of these days she's going to get kidknapped! he thought to himself shaking his head at her. Kale looked at Estrella with his brow furrowed, and mouthed 'What the hell?!'.

Estrella shrugged; she didn't know what was going on as much as Kale did. She waited to see if Mindy would listen to Kale or not. She knew inwardly that her father would never hurt a little girl, but Kale might not.

Tristan's eyes flashed for a second, but he kept his composure, smiling at the little girl. He had to give it to the kid, the one standing next to Estrella; he had a lot of guts.

Mindy heard Kale's voice and listened, she walked back over to him and Estrella. This time hiding behind Estrella because she thought that Kale was mad at her. "What did I do??" she asked sweetly with a frown.

"Nothing, hun," Estrella said, turning back to her father, her voice raising a pitch. "Why are you here?"

"I'm sorry, Mindy." Kale apologized, not moving his eyes off of Tristan. His facial expression was icey cold, Kale couldn't believe that he was here. He reached into his pocket for his wand slowly, not with the intention of doing anything, yet. Kale stood awaiting for an answer to Estrella's last question to her father.

"I told you already," Tristan explained calmly. "I figured that you would want to see your brother. And there are some things that we need to discuss."

"What things?" Estrella inquired, the venom coating her voice light but present. She wasn't ready to trust anything that her father said. "I'm quite sure you're not here for a picnic."

"A picnic, no, but dinner, yes," Tristan said calmly. No matter what, he wasn't going to allow himself to get angry. "We'll talk about it later."

Nancy walked carefully down the stairs with Erik on her hip, she put on a plastic smile and walked back to the table. When she saw Kale, Estrella and Mindy clumped in the doorway, she gave them a skeptical look. "What are you all doing standing in the doorway for? Dinner is just about ready." Nancy chimed, clueless on the situation. She walked to Tristan and gave baby Erik back to him, "I've gotta get the turkey out of the oven.."

Estrella watched with wide eyes as Nancy handed the baby to her father, and she knew on impulse that it was her brother. She was still, however, not making a move and unsure what to do.

Without a word, Tristan rose from the couch, holding Erik, and walked tentatively over to Estrella, handing Erik to her. He was silent for a moment, and then returned back to the couch, watching the situation.

Kale watched as Tristan handed Estrella the baby, this is who Estrella was talking about. He grinned at the baby, then looked back at Tristan who was sitting on the sofa observing their actions. Kale had a sudden thought, "Wait...how do you know my mum?" his voice was ice cold as he looked Tristan in the eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back