Thomas Homestead 2

Tarren looked at Estrella and Kale apprehensively, "Okay." he said under his breath. Nervous was an understatement to him at the moment, he was screaming inside and the expression on his face showed it. The last time he had ever flied was years ago with his dad, and he didn't remember any of it because he was Mindy's age. Tarren picked up his broom and walked to Estrella, more ready then he'd ever be at the moment.

"Thata boy!" Kale said, patting him on the back. Looking Mindy over he gestured for her to sit down, "Mindy, please sit down for a few minutes and don't go anywhere. We're going to help Tarren fly now." he said to her as if she was a grown adult.

"What should we show him first?" Kale asked grinning, wondering what her idea would be.

Mindy looked Kale in the eye and nodded, "Okay. I'll sit right here." she sat down on a soft patch of grass where little flowers were growing, she picked at the grass and laid it in a pile to entertain herself.

Estrella grinned at Tarren. "Now, I'm probably not the best flying teacher," she set her broom down on the ground, "But we started off our first lesson something like this."

Laying her broomstick on the ground, she held her hand straight out. "Up!" she commanded. On impulse the broom flew upwards toward her hand, and she snatched it out of the air.

She grinned at Tarren, indicating for him to watch carefully. "Now, you give it a try. It's normal not to get it the first time."

Kale grinned at Estrella, "That's a great start." he said while placing his broom on the ground so that he too could demonstrate it to Tarren. Kale put his arm straight out with his hand open and muttered, "Up!" on command his broom flew upwards and into his hand. "See? Now you give it a try." Kale smiled. "And don't worry Tarren, not everyone gets it on a first try." he said in reassurance to his brother.

"Great, I was hoping you say that." Nancy grinned.
She took a sip of her tea, sitting on the back of her chair and then shot Tristan a skeptical look, "Hmm...what kind of issues?" she inquired, following by hitting her knee under the table, "Oh, I'm sorry, if you don't mind my asking." Nancy said, trying to stay polite and not butt into any business.

"No, it's quite alright," Tristan replied, his expression reassuring. "She had a problem with running away from home. She never wanted to stay in one place." He took a sip of his tea, bouncing Erik. "I'm pretty sure she's grown out of it; she hasn't given me any problems since."

"Oy. That's no good." Nancy exclaimed. "Did you move her around a lot?" she asked, looking down at Erik she made a silly face face at him.

"Unfortunately, yes," Tristan lied with no effort, his expression straight, smiling weakly. "Ever since her mom died, she's been kind of off. She has good and bad days."

He smiled broadly. "I'm just glad she's having such a good time here."

He looked down at Erik, who was giggling happily at Nancy's funny faces. "He likes that," he pointed out, smiling, holding Erik out for Nancy to hold.

Tarren watched Estrella & Kale's demonstrations, he wasn't feeling confident about this broom thing at all and just wanted to go come. His mood was quiet and he was not amused by this, "Up." Tarren said a little louder than a whisper. Nothing happened and he looked at Estrella, "...I don't know if I'm ready for this yet.." he said dryly, staring at the broom beside him on the gound.

"It takes some getting used to," Estrella said, grinning encouragingly. "Trust me, you just have to practice a bit."

Tarren turned away from Estrella and looked down at the broom once more, he clenched his hand and opened it over the broom. "Up" he stated a little louder than his first attempt. The broom produced a little movement and twitched around, slowly it rose from the ground. Tarren's brow rose, then suddenly the broom was pulled back to the floor. He picked up the broom angrily, walked past where Mindy was sitting and kicked her pile of flowers that she put together. Tarren threw the broom down beside him and sat down; clearly annoyed.

Nancy smiled broadly as Tristan held baby Erik out for her to hold, she reached for him and rocked him in her arms. She continued to make silly faces by sticking out her tongue and crossed her eyes, adding in a silly noise or two.

Her smiled weakened as Tristan brought up Estrella's mom, "It's always a tough loss for children when a parent passes. Especially at that age." Nancy said, and added, "Think about having seven Estrella's after s dramatic time like that."

Estrella rushed over to Tarren. "It's okay," she started, smiling encouragingly. "Flying doesn't come easy." She could see that he was having a hard time, and could recognize that he was probably emotional at his age.

Tristan sighed. "I don't think I would be able to handle it, to tell you the truth." He smiled as Nancy entertained Erik. "He really likes you. He doesn't really warm up to anyone at first, you must be an exception."

Kale watched as Estrella tried to encourage Tarren, looking over at Mindy she looked extremely mad because he had kicked her pile of flowers everywhere.

Kale walked over to Tarren and Estrella, "Yeah Tarren, Estrella is right...would you like to try again another time? The sun is beginning to go down anyways." he tried to make Tarren feel better by not making his failure too noticed. "At least you can say that you tried. You'll be a pro by the time you get to Hogwarts, don't even worry." Kale patted his brother on the back, looking back at Estrella he grinned.

Estrella was kind of sad that they were going inside, but on the other hand, her stomach was growling, and she was looking forward to Mrs. Thomas' cooking. "Yeah, you'll ace all your flying lessons, I'm sure of it!" She grinned back at Kale.

Tarren shrugged and got up from the grass without a word, he grabbed a hold of the clean sweep broom and walked toward the house by himself. As he walked into the house, he opened the door and slammed it, throwing the broom on the floor and running upstairs. Tarren noticed his mother and a man sitting in the dining room but didn't turn back, he closed his bedroom door and latched the lock.

Nancy smiled broadly, "Oh, really that's s--" SLAM!
Nancy sprung up onto her feet at the sound of the front door slamming, a surge of anger and redness took over her. Still holding baby Erik, she placed him on her hip. "I am so sorry...that was terribly rude of him, will you excuse me for a moment." Nancy stated heading toward the stairs.

Tristan watched as Nancy ran upstairs with his kid, and he simply sat back, sipping at his tea.

Kale rolled his eyes when Tarren got up and walked away toward the house, "I don't know what's been wrong with him lately...he's been very stand offish.." Kale said to Estrella quietly while walking toward Mindy and picked her up. "Let's go...I'm guessing that dinner will already be ready when we get back." Kale picked up his broom and strabbed in over his shoulder.

Estrella picked up her broom, saying, "He's probably just having a bad day." She grinned, trying to lighten the mood, as they walked toward the house.

"Having a bad day? He must have bad days, everyday then!" Mindy said putting her two sense in. "Thank you for letting me ride on your purple broom Estrella. That was fun!" she said squirmed to get out of Kale's arms. "I want to walk like Estrella!" Mindy exclaimed looking at her with a cheeky smile.

Estrella grinned, grabbing Mindy's hand. "I have myself a mini me," she giggled, looking to Kale and smiling. Then she remembered that he had probably never seen the Austin Powers movies.

Kale laughed and put Mindy down, "Okay, okay..." he laughed. "I think Mindy has a crush on you..." he whispered to Estrella jokingly.

After a few moments of walking, they reached the front gate, Kale unlatched the lock and let Estrella and Mindy go in the yard first. Kale walked up the steps and opened the front door, as he peered into the house, the first sight he saw was one he never was expecting to see. Tristan sitting at the table, mother and Tarren nowhere to be found.

Kale stopped dead in his tracks in front of the doorway, curse words were flying through his head all at once, "What...the..f--" he couldn't finish his sentence, What the hell did he do to mum and Tarren?! he thought to himself with anger in his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back