Thomas Homestead 2

Kale stood quietly, he had calmed down from the past events, but could still be set off if rubbed the wrong way with Tristan. He merely observed their conversation, still holding Estrella's hand. Kale sincerely hoped the best for Erik, even thought he doubted Tristan's parenting skills.

Clutching Kale's hand, Estrella stared back at her father. "Who?" she inquired quietly, genuinely interested.

"Family members, mostly," Tristan said quietly. He looked at the sky, the earth was covered in darkness. Erik was falling asleep in his arms. "I should go. Bye, Estrella. Kale," he nodded stiffly towards the kid he particularly disliked. "Remember, one year."

Holding Erik tightly, he disapparated with a loud pop.

Making sure that her father was gone, Estrella turned to Kale with a sigh. "That- was interesting."

Kale didn't even look at Tristan when he disapparted from the yard, he was relieved that things didn't end up as badly as he was expecting for a while there. That..was.." Kale agreed with Estrella and let out a sigh, "I'm sorry, I was a real ass.." he said looking at her with his head hung low.

"Don't say that," Estrella said, hugging Kale. "If anyone was the ass, it was him. It's kind of disappointing that that punch didn't do any damage." She squeezed him tight. "I'm glad I have you to protect me!" She pecked Kale on the cheek, grinning. Nothing was going to prevent her from having an awesome summer.

Kale smiled at Estrella's comment, he returned a peck on the cheek while holding her in a warm hug. "I can't believe he grabbed you like that.." he said quietly. "Mum is still completely clueless."

"I figured she was," Estrella said quietly. "Don't worry, he didn't hurt me. I just think I was shocked more than anything." She sighed, hugging Kale tightly. "I don't think he's going to come back. No matter what, we're going to have a kickass summer, right?" She grinned, kissing his cheek playfully.
((I have to go :(( ))

"Right. So far this summer has been perfect...there always has to be a minor set back in the middle, and I guess this is what his visit was." Kale said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, they were still embraced, he looked down and gave her a light kiss on the lips. "Seeing both of their reactions was priceless. That was fun." Kale grinned broadly at Estrella and held her tightly.

"It was," Estrella agreed, "Although I thought your mom was going to come out with a ladle or something and start beating us." She hugged Kale tightly, smiling as she looked up at the stars.

"Yeah, ladle in one hand...wooden spoon in the other. That's when we know to run for it!" Kale smiled at Estrella and looked up to the sky, "It's getting cold out...would you like to go back inside?" he inquired, "Now that we let mum cool off a bit, I think the coast will be clear." Kale laughed and hugged Estrella tightly, giving her a light kiss on the forehead.

"Yeah," Estrella said quietly, "I don't think I could eat any more though. I don't feel like it." She smiled weakly as they walked inside. "I'm glad he's gone. That was horrible."

"Me neither, all of that made me lose my appetite." Kale smiled and grabbed a hold of her hand, "Tarrens lucky...he didn't have to see any of that. It would have made him angry.." walking up the steps, he opened the door and peered inside; checking if anyone was in the front room.

"It probably would've," Estrella murmured quietly, looking around with Kale. She felt the need to apologize to Mrs. Thomas, but wasn't sure if she wanted to approach her just yet.

Nancy had just finished clearing the table when she heard the front door open quietly and saw Kale & Estrella looking around the room. She shook her head at them two, "I would have left too if I were to see that." Nancy stated quietly with her arms crossed, she stood with an expressionless. "That was very rude." at that, Nancy turned her back to the two kids and left the room quietly.

Estrella looked to Kale with a distressed expression as Nancy left the room. She hadn't wanted to upset Mrs. Thomas so much.

Kale looked at Estrella and shrugged his shoulders, "Don't worry, Estrella, she's just doing this to put us through a 'guilt trip'. She always does this when I or anyone does something wrong." he gave her a reassuring smile, "She won't be mad in the morning. Well, not at you at least." Kale looked at Estrella, hoping that she wasn't too upset about the situation.

Estrella grinned. "No, I suppose not." She hugged Kale tightly, and said quietly, "Thanks for being around for me."

"You're welcome, Estella. Really though, there's no need to thank me though. It's something that I have to do." Kale looked around the room if his mum was around and grinned mischeviously at Estrella, giving her a quick kiss. "Well, all of this craziness was enough for me in one night. I think I'm going to head to bed."

"Me too," Estrella said, starting to walk up the stairs with Kale. She waited at her bedroom door, kissing him quickly on the cheek.

Kale walked up the stairs with Estrella and stopped at her door, kissing her back on the cheek. "Sweet dreams." he whispered, not wanting to wake Mindy or Tarren.

"You too," Estrella said, smiling, and concluding that if she didn't turn and go to bed, she never would, and would stand here with Kale forever. Sighing, she turned and pushed the door open, putting her pjs on quickly and falling asleep as soon as she hit the mattress, not thinking about the day's previous events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back