Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png

Hey friends!
Sorry it's late, but as I'm sure is true for all of you: life be crazy sometimes!​

Week 6!
We're in week 6, and so we want to encourage you to catch up on those classes, stay on top of that marking - and to encourage professors once more to send notifications when they've posted a class! Also, if you can select "article" style posts when you post a class, this will be a good habit to get into for the day when we may have the return of quick grading! :D

Hufflepuff vs. Ravenclaw
Another game down! If you missed the fun, I don't want to provide any spoilers - so you should go check it out yourself! Quidditch fun awaits!

Brighstone Closed!
This was a question mark when I asked what I should include, so I'm just going to assume it's true and tell you Brightstone is closed! Hope you got those roleplays wrapped up!

Halloween Costume Contest Winners!
Thanks to all who participated in the Halloween Feast, and a special congratulations to the winners of the costume contest!
Best Overall - Blue Hoshino as a kitten.
Best Magically Enhanced - Elliot Briar as invisible man
Most Scary - Jordan Harris as a scarecrow
Best Group/Couple - Lilith and Tilly as Sesame Street charries
Most Ridiculous- Sutton Spencer as bookworm
Most Traditional Halloween- Charlie Helkovaara as a haunted pumpkin

Something about club events?
I told you, life be crazy! It was a tough week for lots of the staff and this was reflected in their helpfulness in getting me the info to put here. :r :tut:
So apparently there are some club events that I could have highlighted but I didn't dig around for them because who knows where I should have looked. So if you're curious about this, check the posts below I'm sure somebody has some links they wanted to share.

Restricted Section has Rules for a Reason!
The library, of course, has a restricted section for those books the Ministry of Magic determines to be too dangerous or corrupting for your character's young and forming minds. However, there are some ways to get access to that section - and we want to provide you the guidance you need to do it right!
1.A role play must take place with the student(s) asking a professor for access to the restricted area of the library. There are no exceptions to this.

2. The student(s) must have an in character reason for needing to enter the restricted area, which must be shown in the roleplay, and the RPer(s) will only get access for the character(s) who makes the request.

3. After the permission roleplay has taken place, an admin will need to be notified by PM so they can grant permissions for the area to the individual(s) who requested it. The area permissions will be cleaned up periodically. This will prevent students from returning to the restricted area at their leisure and encourages you to actually do your special roleplay while you have permission to do it!

Character Spotlight: March!
Rosalie Quinn is our March character spotlight! Please congratulate Mary on this special character, and read a bit about her thoughts on Rosalie in the announcement topic!

If you've got plots you think more people should be reading, share them with us! If you read other's roleplays and think it deserves special attention - share them with us, too!
This week, we've got:
  • Lost Dreams
    A casual conversation between two roommates who have trouble sleeping at night.
  • Ghosts of a Slytherin
    Michael and his roommates comment on Sydney's threatening letters from the year prior in the Great Hall.
    See also: Give the Brit a Break & Y37 Duelling Match #23
  • Of Crowds and Tables
    Avaria Lockwood has Noelle Maxwell. A Maxwell that is entirely different and unexpected from what she knows of the Maxwells she had encountered. Would she be willing to form a friendship with this other Maxwell?

• Another BWU in only a week‽ Who knows!
  • More Quidditch!
  • EXAMSSS!
  • Hopefully a reprieve from the relentless exhaustion of the present days!

Thanks for your patience, and you know the drill - react/comment/subscribe/smash that bell. Also, share some links for the stuff I didn't do right. :r

-Nick

(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for the update, Nick! I hope things calm down a bit for staff going forward!

On the subject of club events and the like, Hogwarts Monthly is having both an IC and OOC meeting that members should check out!

Also not exactly an event, but 7th years don't forget to PM Clifton back your questionnaires for Accio! before IC Feb rolls around!

Thanks for the update :D

Thanks for the update, Nick! :)

Thanks for the update, Nick!

Thanks for the update, Nick.

• Of Crowds and Tables
    Avaria Lockwood has Noelle Maxwell. A Maxwell that is entirely different and unexpected from what she knows of the Maxwells she had encountered. Would she be willing to form a friendship with this other Maxwell?
Also, I may have mistyped this when I submitted the topic but it actually meant "Avaria Lockwood has finally met Noelle Maxwell." :teehee: I actually had fun writing this with Jess and the cameo appearance of my Alexis Kramer seems natural and one way to help me reconnect with my characters. :wub:

Working hard on catching up on my lessons, but man... it's been a semester xD

Congrats to the Halloween winners!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back