The Bennett Household 2

"Oh, really?" Margaret exclaimed, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow, trying to guilt trip the kids into telling the truth, "Is that what really happened, Kale?" she asked sweetly. "Estrella?"

Kale grunted as Luke pulled him in and put his arm around him as if they were best friends, putting on a big plastic smile he looked to her aunt as she asked him to confirm and nodded, "Yeah." he lied.

"Yep," Estrella replied, glad that she had gotten so used to lying around her family members. "Thank god I didn't get hurt, Maggie. Can you imagine me going back to school with a shiner? Doesn't look good." She hoped she was good at acting, and she added, "I couldn't bear to have someone call me Patches."

"Okay," said Margaret, still not believing it but figuring that she wouldn't press the matter further. "Well, we're going to open gifts tonight, so you three should wash up. Or something to that effect. We're having fondue!" She was cutting up the shrimp for said way of cooking, a family tradition that occured every year.

"Okay. Well, I'm going upstairs, I've got to wrap presents," Estrella announced, figuring that at least Kale would follow her. With that, she ran up the stairs and into her bedroom, pulling out the cds and wrapping them up.

Kale nodded at Maggie and walked up the stairs trailing behind Estrella. As he entered the room he sat beside her quietly, he didn't want her to be angry with him. All of this had made Kale return to school even more, where he was supposed to be.

Deterred by Kale's silence, Estrella turned to him and sighed. "Look, Kale, I'm not mad at you. I know Luke is a loose cannon; why did he hit you in the first place?" She looked at him with a dazed expression as she wrapped up the Sesame Street cd for Tommy, waiting for an answer.

His rage having pretty much fizzled out, making him feel like an idiot, Luke made his way into the living room, where Tommy was obsessing with tinker toys. He had asked for another set for Christmas, but only time would tell. Luke stared at the presents, zoning out and wishing that he had better self control as his eye throbbed in pain.

As it was Christmas eve, Tristan figured that it was time to deliver his presents for Estrella, and arrived at the door, polyjuiced as a UPS guy, holding a large box that was wrapped in wrapping paper. He rang the doorbell, waiting for someone to answer it.

Kale turned to Estrella and exhaled before speaking, "Really, Estrella, I already said...I hit him for self defense, I didn't hit him first." he stated blandly, hating the fact that he had to spend another day with Luke. "I'm sorry, I couldn't hold it back. I've put up with his egging me on all break." Kale said truthfully while sighing, he hadn't gotten a look at his black eye yet, but could feel an extreme swelling that was throbbing under his right eye.

Figuring that he had nothing else to do, Luke strolled to the door, opening it, his shiner puffed up in all of its black and blue glory. "Can I help you?" he asked, seeing the mailman standing there with a present. "I thought you didn't do special deliveries?"

Estrella moved over to Kale, sighing as she inspected his eye, putting a finger to it gently, not trying to hurt him but just observing it. "You should've told me he was acting like that before hand," she murmured, "I would have called him on it." She smiled weakly, trying to alleviate the mood. "I'm glad that we don't have any popcorn buckets around here; I'd be stuck in the dark again!"

Tristan pointed to his UPS nametag, and simply beamed back at Luke. The guy who's hair he had plucked was annoyingly happy looking, and he said, "All I do is deliver presents. I have one here for Estrella Drage, who is temporarily staying at the Bennett Residence, am I correct?" He smirked. "All I need is a signature."

Luke rolled his eyes, or rather, eye, as the other one was swelled shut, and he said, "Yah, this is the Bennett Residence. Who is this from?" He took the present, setting it down on the linoleum beside him and waiting for the guy to hand him something to sign.

"Hey, I'm just the delivery guy," Tristan replied back giddily, and he hated every minute of it;he was sure that if he hadn't been covered there would have been sunshine pumping out of the guy's rear end. "I have no idea who it's from." He noticed the kid's shiner with amusement, wondering who he had gotten in a fight with. "Is Ms. Drage here? Wouldn't she like to take the delivery herself?"

Kale winced as she touched his eye, it did hurt but he wasn't going to show much more then that, Kale was relieved that he got to take a swing at him too so he wasn't to only one with a giant bruise taking up the right side of his face. A thin smile began to inch at the side of his mouth, "No, I knew that I could take care of myself in that whole matter. Things just blew way out of proportion." he replied. "Things should be okay now."
Kale couldn't help but smile at he bucket comment, "I'm really sorry that I had to put you though that." he said while giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Luke raised his eyebrow, and snorted, "No, she's probably too busy upstairs smooching her boyfriend; he got a black eye." He took the clipboard and signed the sheet of paper on it, and handed it back to the guy. "Did you need anything else?" he asked, not saying it too friendly either.

Both anger and satisfaction boiled up inside Tristan as he heard those words; he had no idea that Thomas kid would be staying with her over break. Did they ever go anywhere without the other? Apparently not. The anger flickering through his eyes only a moments passing, he answered, "Nope," and said, "Have a nice day."

"Aww," Estrella said, "How sweet." She returned the kiss to Kale's cheek, her eyes twinkling. She had heard the doorbell ring, wondering who it could be on Christmas Eve, but decided to ignore it. She wrapped her arms around Kale's midsection, murmuring, "I wouldn't want to spend my Christmas with anyone else, you know that?"

Without another word or reply, Luke shut the door rudely in the guy's face, and returned to the living room, where he put the present under the tree and altogether forgot about it.

Shaking his head, Tristan disapparated with a loud pop, having fulfilled what he had set out to do.

Kale smiled at Estrella's comment, "Ditto." he was happy that things weren't rocky between them, Kale couldn't stand her being angry with him over something like a fight...with her cousin. When Estrella gave him a kiss on the cheek, he leaned back in and fervently kissed her on the lips, his bad attitude terminated.

Estrella felt as if her heart was going to fly out of her chest as she kissed Kale back with enthusiasm, starry eyed as she pulled away. She couldn't be angry at Kale for long; especially since he didn't deserve Luke's attitude. She smiled back at him. "I can't wait to do fondue tonight!" she exclaimed, her mouth watering at the thought of it.

Kale smiled goofily at Estrella as he pulled away, "That's what I've been meaning to ask you, what's fondu?" he asked with interest as he sat back up and noticed the CD's that she had neatly wrapped, I've gotta get my gifts out of my bag.. Kale thought to himself, thankful that he had the shopkeeper wrap them for him when he was as the shop.

"It's a method of cooking; basically, you put meat or mushrooms or something on a little fork, and boil it in peanut oil until it's cooked. It's delicious," Estrella said, her stomach growling loudly in all its emptiness. She looked up at Kale, and grinned sheepishly. "I can't wait for tonight!" she exclaimed, wanting to see Kale's face when she gave him his gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back