The Bennett Household 2

"Okay, I'll order Chinese then," Carlisle said after a period of silence, grabbing his phone and calling the nearest place. "And why don't we start opening presents while we're at it?" he suggested.

"Presents? YIPPEEE!!" Tommy exclaimed, sliding down to the christmas tree and grabbing a present, shaking it enthusiastically and waiting to rip it open.

((Sorry for the rushing, but I am not getting as much time as expected :unsure: journalism room is starting to close without the teacher around...))

Luke shook his head, moving closer to the tree and watching Tommy, wondering where all of his own energetic youth had gone. He waited for his parents to come in the room so they could start opening gifts.

Still laughing, Estrella beckoned to Kale and stepped into the living room, the decision already having been made.

Putting the meat and mushrooms for the fondue away, Margaret sighed, grumbling at witholding tradition, but put a smile on her face nonetheless. She moved into the living room with Carlisle and the rest.

Kale followed Estrella to the living room and took a seat away from the tree a bit, watching little Tommy's enthusiasm grow for presents made him smile; he reminded Kale too much of Mindy. Taking a seat Kale nodded, agreeing that Chinese sounded good. Even though he had never tried that kind of food, he remembered Estrella speak of it one day.

Carlisle sat down, smiling at all of them. Tentatively, he passed presents around for everyone, handing Kale and Estrella theirs. When they opened it, both of them received American muggle money, in a sum of $75.

He smiled. "It's from all of us, anytime either of you need to use it sometime, or avoid the hassle of exchanging it with your own world, we thought it would be kind of nice." Truthfully, he didn't know what to get them, as they were in a totally different world, and electronics wouldn't work at their school, anyway.

Tommy received a new set of Legos and a bunch of cars for him to play with, while Luke's face lit up as he got an ipod. Tommy subdued for a moment, he watched as the rest of the gifts were handed out.

Kale smiled sheepishly at Carlisle and Maggie as he opened up the card that revealed muggle money, "Thanks, thanks a lot" he said sincerely, Kale wasn't expecting to recieve anything from the Bennett's so it sort of took him by surprise. Kale smiled and stuck it back in the envelope, watching the others open up their gifts with their jolly Christmas spirit.

"Thanks, Carlisle," Estrella intoned, smiling broadly; money was always useful. Walking up to the tree, she grabbed all of the presents she had for everyone, handing out all of their cds, and then gave hers to Kale. She waited with a bright expression for him to open it.

((inside the present: dun dun dun....
dang it! the pic thing isn't working on here.. so you have....

A circe card
A Salazar Slytherin Card
and and andros the invincible card... :p ))

Kale handed Estrella her second box which was wrapped in red wrapping paper and stuffed with green tissue paper and a Sneakoscope inside.
(Gift:
SneakoScopeModel1.jpg
)

As Estrella handed him his gift Kale tore the wrapping paper slowly, waiting to see what was going to reveal under the paper. Once opened Kale smiled widely, they were the three cards that he hadn't yet collected for his card collection, "Woah, this is awesome!" he exclaimed, pulling her into a hug while still on the floor, "Thanks, Estrella." Kale smiled widely and observed the three cards carefully. Cool!

Estrella gave Kale a tight hug as she saw the Sneakoscope, always having wanted one of them but never having gotten one. "This is so awesome!" she exclaimed, looking it over enthusiastically and glad that Kale liked his present. She recognized that her family wouldn't know what they were exchanging with each other, and she could only smile. She beamed at everyone, her stomach suddenly grumbling, accompanied by the sadness that she would have to leave in a few days.

Luke suddenly remembered the present that the annoying mailman had dropped off, and he pushed the present over to her. "Some guy dropped this off today," he grunted, the flames from the fire dancing about his face.

Estrella opened the present, confused, and when she didn't find a name attached to it, she asked Luke, "Well, who was it?" She had a feeling she might know, but everytime she looked back at the stack of books and the moonglasses, she got a suspicious feeling, and remembered that in the wizarding world, you never could be too careful.

Luke shrugged. "The UPS guy said that he didn't know, that he was just here to deliver it." Uninterested, he started to play with his new Ipod, and said no more.

Kale watched as Estrella tore off the paper and revealed the books, he knew for a fact that the books were from Tristan, but didn't know exactly how to tell her. After a brief moment Kale looked at Estrella with a straight face, "Estrella, those are from your Da." Kale said quietly while pointing at the stack of books, not revealing any other information unless if she asked.

Estrella's eyebrow raised as she looked at Kale. Awkwardly, the rest of the family had averted the attention from them, and she asked, "How would you know?"

Kale looked Estrella in the eyes, Well, I might as well just tell her straight out.., "He came into Flourish and Blott's with some kid of disguise and asked me for suggestions on books appropriate for his 'daughter'." Kale said, his voice still quiet and his expression blank, "In the middle of his purchase he started to act really strange and I guess the potion that he had took was wearing off..." Kale looked at Estrella, unsure if she was going to be mad that he didn't tell her sooner.

Estrella raised her eyebrow. "That is really, really weird," she said after a moment of silence, but deciding that she couldn't be mad at Kale, she could only hug him. She looked at the items warily. "Do you think I should touch them? I don't trust him."

Kale wrapped his arms around Estrella as she came in for a hug, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you.." he said while looking down at the books and releasing her from a hug, "Yeah, I think it should be safe..." Kale eyed the books, and if there is anything wrong with anything...we know who to go after." he smiled

Estrella layed her head on Kale's shoulder, murmuring, "Yeah-" and her voice trailing off, she knew that she was just glad to be with him on this Christmas night, basking in the warmth of the fire.

((Okay I have virtually no time left :( unless I can get my sis's card number.))

Kale put his arm around Estrella as she lay her head on his shoulder, "I'm just happy that everything turned out okay." he said while looking into the fire, putting aside that he had to return to school with a black eye, at least theres a story to tell? Kale gave Estrella a quick kiss on the cheek, hoping that Maggie or Carlisle wouldn't notice, "I have a feeling like this semester is going to be much tougher than first.." he said completely off topic, but it was the currect thing that he was thinking about.

"Yeah, I think so too," Estrella commented, "Astronomy? Yuck. I have to take that next semester." She kissed Kale back on the cheek, feeling secure in his warm hug, staring at the glowing flames as they danced and licked at the logs within.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back