Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was excited a few days later as they waited in front of the door to the house; they were going Christmas shopping, and on top of that, she and Kale were going to go to a movie. She figured that it would be fun, and as Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End was playing on the monster screen for some special anniversary thing, she was elated to see it. She truthfully hadn't seen a movie in years.

Wrapping a Ravenclaw scarf around her neck, she smiled at Kale, and both of them were waiting for Luke, who was driving them into town. She had already purchased Kale's present and was having trouble choosing items for the rest of the family.

Kale stood outside with Estrella in the front of the Bennett house, so far things were going great, other than a few minor disagreements with Estrella's cousin everything had been going smoothly. It was freezing outside, he had never been out in weather like this and found it hard to keep warm. Shoving his hands into his pockets, Kale smiled at Estrella, "How can you stand this kind of weather?!" he asked with a shake of his head.

"It's just regular weather," Estrella replied, shrugging and grinning. "I wonder where the heck Luke is; he sure is pokey!" All of a sudden, a thought came to her head, and she murmured quietly and mischievously, "One of these days we'll need to build a snow fort and nail him with a snowball."

Kale laughed at the idea of nailing her cousin with a snowball, "He's probably playing video games." he exhaled, walking a few steps ahead of Estrella and bending down. With a mischevious smile secretively got a clump of white snow and rolled it into a ball. The cold ice felt like pins and needles in his hands so he rolled it up quickly, turning toward Estrella he flung it in her direction hoping to hit her without any harm. Kale laughed as he watched the ball fly through the air.

Estrella was not expecting the snowball in her direction and was hit full in the face with it, and as a red mark was left on her face and the snow fell from her face, melting partially, she opened her mouth in surprise. All of a sudden, a mischievious grin came to her face, and she bent down, forming a snowball in her hands and chucking it with full force at Kale. "Oh, no you didn't! It is on, Kale Walter Thomas!"

((My mother is a con artist- gotta go to wal mart.... I'll be back in an hour or so...))

"Oh, Merlin!" Kale cursed much louder than he had wanted when he saw the snowball hit his girlfriend straight in the face. "I'm so s--" sh1t. She used my middle name. Kale tried to dodge an oncoming snowball that she had thrown at him by running across the Bennett families yard but tripped on a patch of ice in front of it and got hit in the back of the head with her ball of ice. Kale sat on the floor and laughed goofily, "I've been hit!" he exclaimed while crumping on the floor so he was fully covered in snow.

((Bummer. :oy: Okay))

Giggling, Estrella rolled up a ball of snow, still laughing at his comical expression. "No fair, Mr. Thomas! I can't kick your butt while you're down!" She stood near him, holding up the snowball threateningly, a mischievious grin on her face. "This means WAR!"

Kale looked up at Estrella from sitting on the floor, noting the red mark on her face from his last snow ball. He didn't budge, "Ohh, I'm shaking all over!.." Kale replied to her threatening comments, his voice oozing with sarcasm.

Winking at her he latched onto Estrella's legs as if he were Mindy or her youngest cousin, he anticipated her falling over from him doing it so he gave her a light shove; trying not to rough house too much.

Luke rolled his eyes at Kale and Estrella as he made his way out to the car in his thick winter jacket, swinging the keys in his hands. Opening the door of the white Buick that he had inherited from an older cousin, he stuck the keys in the ignition, turning the heater on, and tapping his foot as he waited for the two, getting irritated by the minute.

"You should be-" Estrella started, but then was cut off in mid sentence as she let out a yelp, Kale grabbing her feet from under her. Gravity claimed her, pulling her to the ground and making her land in the snow. "Ahh! I'm going to get you for that, Kale!" she shouted, grabbing a handful of snow and attempting to shove it down his jacket from behind his neck.

Kale laughed as Estrella toppled over right next to him, "I got you!" he said wrapping his arms around her when suddenly, "Ahh!" Kale nearly yelped when cold snow was being pushed down his jacket, he could feel his shirt getting sopping wet while his jacket held the snow in place. "That's cold!" Kale didn't even notice Luke because he was so wrapped up in Estrella and the snow. Rolling another snow ball up, he gave Estrella a mischevious grin..

Sick of waiting for the two, Luke raised his hand, pressing it to the car horn, giving it a long, "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!" and hoping to scare them.

Estrella reared back, covering her face from any snowballs, giggling at the sight of Kale's face when the snow went down his shirt still imprinted in her mind. She started, however, as the car horn went off, not expecting it. "WE'RE COMING, MR. IMPATIENT!" Estrella bellowed, sticking her tongue out at Kale as she stood up.

Kale jerked his head toward the car as he heard a loud 'beep!', "What the hell was that?!" he exclaimed with a confused expression while getting up as Estrella did, "I totally kicked your butt.." Kale cooed with a goofy smile and a wink while trying his best to wipe off any large clumps of snow off of his clothing, they were a bit wet so his teeth chattered a bit, hoping that they could get into warmth soon.

"No, I kicked your butt!" Estrella shouted back, her mouth hanging open in mock disbelief. She shook her head, starting to walk toward the car and figuring that Kale would follow. "That's the car horn; Luke is just a little ray of sunshine when it comes to getting places fast," she explained, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "You can have front seat," she said, opening the car door in the back and getting in.

Kale listened intently while she explained what the beep was, "Ohhh...okay." he said still a bit confused but decided to shrug it off. As the walked up to the car and she offered him the front seat, he was going to detest but she had already gotten in, "Uhhh.." Kale opened the car door after jiggling the handle a good three times of failed attempts.

Getting in, he shut the door after him and sat down. He didn't really feel comfortable in the front seat, but decided to suck it up and enjoy the view. A lot of snow.

"I'd put your seat belts on if I were you," Luke stated firmly as he set the car into reverse, slamming on the gas pedal and turning out of the Bennett's driveway, "I don't feel like getting a ticket, as funny as your brains splattered all over the windshield might be." With that, he sped off down the hilly roads, driving quickly but carefully.

Big%20Rock%20Winter.jpg

Kale pulled the seatbelt across his chest and fumbled for a moment, but quickly latched it. This took him back to last winter in the back of the van and having trouble. Looking out ahead of him he was quiet while he absorbed his surroundings enjoying the sight ahead of him.

Estrella nudged Kale from in the back, grinning and commenting, "This is much better than last winter, huh? At least we aren't driving through fields; I thought my brains were going to be rattled out of my head."

"What were you guys doing in an automobile last winter?" Luke interjected, considering saying something like "freaks don't drive cars" but then deciding against it. "I thought you guys rode broomsticks. And why the heck would you be driving through a field? Were you trying to kill yourselves?"

"Erm, we were kinda trying to avoid the cops," Estrella said sheepishly. "Extremely long story, Luke. If we have time, I'll tell you." She looked out the window, loving the prettiness of winter in the Big Woods.

Kale let a laugh slip out when Estrella explained, he could picture Tristan's face while he was chasing after them on his broom. Kale sat and listened as Luke and Estrella talked back and fourth not wanting to interject.

"The cops?" Luke asked in disbelief, an unpleasant expression coming to his face. "You know what? I don't even wanna know." A touch of poison became present in his voice, rife with acidity, and he decided not to say anything else. Well, They're both freaks, he thought to himself, What should I expect? Accelerating the small vehicle with speed, he looked forward to getting into town, both so he could hang out with his friends and get rid of these two; he wasn't sure if he could handle their presence any further.

Confused by Luke's distance of late, Estrella sat back, looking around at the scenery. They were getting close to town; she had a purse with her, containing her money; she was still unsure what she was going to buy everyone, but was glad that she would be going to see a movie; she loved Pirates of the Caribbean. She and Kale were going to a special Anniversary presentation of At World's End at the Cinema 7, all as featured on the monster screen. It was going to be fun.

"Are you going to Pirates, Luke?" she inquired, hoping that he wouldn't. She didn't feel like having a chaperone.

"No," Luke replied gruffly, and then added quietly so that Estrella couldn't hear him but her boyfriend could, "I'd rather hang out with my friends than a couple of freaks." His voice, although soft, was laced with poison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back