The Bennett Household 2

Kale, at this point, only wanted to get to the theater. He was tired of being in the same space as her cousin, he seemed to easily find a way to get under his skin whenever he was around him. Kale could hear the rude comment that Luke had obviously intended for only to have him hear, sitting up in his seat he held his breath, Don't let this idiot get to you.. was the only thing running in his head, he didn't want to feed into the kids act and give him what he was asking for.

Estrella was oblivious to the confrontation up front, admiring the scenery that she hadn't been able to enjoy for years. She could see the town coming up, and she was absolutely elated, fidgeting in her seat; she couldn't wait to get there.

((Sorry for my absence, I'm doing odd cleaning jobs...))

Luke smirked, finally seeing the town and driving straight into it. It was a town of about 30,000 people, and historic at that. He always thought they should knock down the old eighteenth century buildings and make new ones, as these were always in need of repair, but it seemed that they were going nowhere.

He was quick to drive them to the movie theatre, which had expanded since Estrella was last here, and now had a monster screen. Enthusiastically, he stopped in front of it, hoping they would get out quickly. "I'll meet you guys downtown," he said gruffly, as he waited for them to get out of the car.

Estrella unbuckled her seatbelt, grinning at Kale and stepping out of the car. "Yep, see you later, Luke," she replied whimsically, excited to check out the monster screen. They both had watched the first two pirates movies at home, so Kale wouldn't be totally lost, and both of them had thoroughly enjoyed it. "Hurry up, Kale!" she laughed, catching a snowflake on her tongue.

((I figured we would have already watched them, rofl))

Kale got out of the car quickly, in the inside he was filled with awe but didn't show it on the outside, closing the door, "Thanks.." he said blankly to Luke with a nod. Kale had already watched the other two pirate movies with Estrella at the Bennett house.

As Estrella yelled for him to catch up with him, Kale shook his head to get out of his dazed state, all of this was crazy for him to take in all at once. "I'm coming!" Walking toward Estrella he smiled and held out his hand for her to hold.

Estrella took Kale's hand, sticking out her tongue at Luke as he drove off. "Well, let's go!" she exclaimed to Kale, smiling happily and walking inside the warm movie theatre with him.

It wasn't extremely busy at the moment, so she was able to purchase their tickets quickly, and stroll up to the snack bar. "Do you want some popcorn?" she inquired, grinning at Kale.

After shooting a dirty look Kale's way, not very appreciative of the way they were holding hands, Luke sped off to meet his friends, the anger boiling inside him more intensely than ever before.

Kale smiled at Estrella and walked into the theater lobby hand in hand with their fingers laced. As she got the tickets he looked at her and they began to walk to the snack bar, "Jeeze...I owe you." he said not liking that fact that she was paying for him. Kale watched as people walked past them, not able to help bit wonder if the people thought he looked as odd as he felt.

"You don't owe me anything," Estrella exclaimed as she stuck out her tongue, ordering herself a cherry coke and a jumbo container of popcorn. "What kind of pop do you want?" she asked, "We can get a combo of two drinks, a candy and a big thing of popcorn cheap; it's a special." She showed him the selection of pops; the cash register was looking at the two of them oddly.

Kale smiled at Estrella and pulled her in to give her a kiss on the cheek, "Nah, I'll make it up to you." he replied. Kale stood and looked at the list of beverages, he wasn't much of a soda fan but thought that Mountain Dew wasn't that bad the last time he had it in Madam Puddifoots. Noting the man at the counters odd look that he was giving them, he gave him a strange look back, "Hi." he said to the man with a raised brow. Looking back at Estrella he made up his mind, "I think a Mountain Dew will be cool." he said answering her question.

Estrella ordered the snacks, choosing the candy as a bag of Twizzlers, which she was nearly salivating over even in the bag; she hadn't had the delicious red licorice in so long. Holding the container of popcorn in one arm, her pop in the other, and holding the bag of twizzlers with her teeth like a dog, she lead Kale down a hallway and into the Monster Theatre. As it was a Christmas Eve Special, there were many people there, and she had to squeeze through some people to get to a back seat. As the lights began to dim, Estrella exclaimed, "The movie's almost ready to start!" and looked over to Kale to see if he was okay.

Kale reached over to Estrella when her hands looked full grabbing both of their drinks from her, "Here I got those." he laughed. As she led him into the theater there were many seats, aisles and people sitting and waiting for the movie to start.

Kale squeezed through one of the rows, following after Estrella, "'scuse me..'scuse me..pardon.." he nearly tripped over a small childing jumping in their seat, and feet were a tough obstacle when you couldn't see your feet.

Finally they were in their seats, he sat down his eyes explored the entire room and it's atmosphere, "This is so cool!" he whispered to Estrella while handing her her soda.

"Thanks," Estrella said, grabbing her cherry coke and taking a huge sip of it, and then set it in its drink holder. "Hopefully, there won't be too many previews-" she groaned, and then realizing that Kale wouldn't know what previews were, she said, "They're basically commercials. They're a mite annoying." Her eyes lit up as the theater darkened, and the previews began to start. She poked Kale, as the previews were boring, and she had nothing else to do. "Beep!" she whispered, giggling like a little kid who just stole something out of the cookie jar.

Kale nodded at Estrella, showing her that he understood what commercials were; they seemed to drag on forever. He felt a poke to his side, he jerked toward Estrella instead of the opposite direction since there was a lady one seat away from him that he didn't want to disturb. "No! Do not start here!" Kale whispered to her in a fake pleadingful way. He then swiftly poked her back, "Or else I'll hate to kick your butt again." Kale winked goofily obviously saying what he said in a joking matter.

Estrella rolled her eyes. "You know I so won!" she replied in a loud whisper, sticking out her tongue at him. She got some dirty looks, but who cared? They was previews.

Kale smiled goofily at Estrella, "You wish!" he whispered louder while grabbing a popcorn kernal and tossing it at Estrella playfully. "...I got you..!" Kale muttered from the corner of his mouth.

"No way!" Estrella hissed back, grabbing a whole handful of popcorn and throwing it in Kale's face. However, the glare from the lady next to him intimidated her, and she slumped back down in her seat, a tad embarrassed. "Oh! The movie's starting!" Estrella exclaimed, as the credits started to roll, and all of a sudden, the scene of people at the gallows silenced her. She watched in morbidity, even though she had seen this before and it was one of her favorite movies, as a little boy was walked up to the gallows; he had to be given a stool to reach the noose. She felt sympathy for the boy, and was totally enthralled as he started to sing a very beautiful song.

Hoist the Colours

Kale laughed quietly as he felt a handful of popcorn pelt his face, the look on Estrella's face after she had done it made it even harder for him to not laugh hard; when he turned to look at the lady sitting next to him, he noticed why she slumped so low in her seat. The lady narrowed her eyes at Kale and gave him a disgusted look before sticking her nose high in the air.

As Kale was going to turn back to Estrella the room began to get darker, he looked around as people began to get comfortable in their seats.

On the screen the movie began to start, he watched silently as the scene dragged on, "Wait...so there is ginats in the Muggle world?" Kale asked dumbly, noting how large people were on the screen in front of him.

Estrella nudged Kale in the ribs, giggling and shaking her head. "No, it's the same as watching a movie at home," she whispered quietly, "This movie is just projected onto a giant screen for the viewer's pleasure." She smiled broadly, and turned her attention back to the movie, watching Elizabeth Swann and her motley crew confronting an Asian pirate leader, what the heck was his name again? Her eyes glued to the screen, she was beginning to realize how much she missed some things from the muggle world.

"Oh.." Kale turned back to the screen and sat back in his chair more comfortably, he stretched his arm around Estrella and watched the screen silently.

(Sorry, haven't seen these movies so I can't get descriptive on what they're watching. :lol: )

((are you serious? :o you need to rent them sometime, Mister! Did you watch the video clip?))

Estrella especially loved the music that accompanied this movie, and so sat in silence, surprised that Kale wasn't asking any questions. She slumped down in her chair, laying her head on his shoulder and smiling, her eyes still glued to the screen.

Wow, everyone's out to get each other in this movie, she thought to herself. There didn't seem to be any good guys by the end of it! She was enthralled by Davy Jones' character and the love story between him and Calypso.

(Yep, I watched the clip. I've only seen the first one...I always forget about the others. Is there only a first or second? I dunno.)

Kale sat and stared at the screen for quite sometime, he was completely absorbed in the story, looking exactly like a little kid when they're watching their favorite televistion show. Still snuggled up to Estrella, Kale didn't let his eyes move from the screen as he took a couple of piece of popcorn and plopped them into his mouth.

((there's three of them.. rofl))

Estrella's eyes got big as the movie was coming to a close, filling up with tears. But she refused to cry, wiping her tears away and cursing how emotional she got when she watched movies. As the end credits rolled, she looked down at the bucket of popcorn. It was still half full, and after shoving a handful in her mouth, she tossed another at Kale for good measure, grinning mischieviously. "Hah! Gotcha!" she bellowed, much to the anger of the rest of the theatre, some people seeming to be absorbed in memorizing the names on the screen.

Kale looked over at Estrella once the credits started rolling, unable to note her misty eyes in the dark. He still couldn't believe that that many people could be involved in one movie. Sitting up a bit and leaning forward he tried to read the names, he felt another handful of popcorn the side of his face, "Hey!" Kale exclaimed in mock anger, he leaned toward her and grabbed a handfull and tossing it back at her, kernal by kernal slowly, "Now, how does that feel?! Huh?!" Kale said louder than he should having, people who were filing out of the theater turned their heads to look back at them. "Opps.." Kale laughed and gave Estrella a silly look. "I'm warning you...Watch out!"

"This- means- WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Estrella bellowed at Kale, upturning the whole bucket on him, and then throwing it up in the air, crawling out of the aisle like a secret agent, sure that he was going to follow after her. She giggled at all the stares she was getting, but she was having too much fun to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back