The Bennett Household 2

Kale smiled, "Sounds intresting.." he said never had heard of the type of cooking in his life. "Oh, I have a special gift for you...one second." Kale got up off the bed suddenly and left the room, he didn't want to give the first gift to her downstairs because it would have felt sort of awkward around her family.

Estrella's eyes lit up, and she smiled back at Kale, waiting patiently for what he had in store.

Kale quickly opened his pack and took out two small boxes, exiting Luke's room he returned back in Estrella's with a smile on his face. He sat down on the bed and handed her one of the two smaller red boxes, holding her gift wrapped in green tissue paper in the inside. "Open it" Kale sat next to her with a smile.

((Gift in Box:
sapphire.jpg

W007..bracelet
Ravenclaw colors :D ))

Estrella's eyes lit up in surprise as she looked at the bracelet, it was so pretty! and she smiled back at Kale lovingly. "Ooh, it's gorgeous, Kale!" she exclaimed in wonder, holding out her wrist so he could put it on for her. She admired the colors, noting that they were of Ravenclaw. "This is so sweet.." she cooed, grinning from ear to ear.

Kale smiled as Estrella's emotions were lively, he was happy that she seemed to enjoy his gift. He was nervous to give it to her at first, so it was a relief to know that she liked it. Kale helped her with the clasp, looking down at the bracelet dangling on her wrist, "I'm happy that you like it!" he said with a smile, he was glad that things had seemed to turn for good tonight.

"Me too," Estrella replied, starry eyed, and kissed him softly on the lips, pressing forward with enthusiasm. "It's so pretty!" she said again, watching the jewels glitter in the light.

Kale cupped Estrella's face with his hands and kissed her back warmly, "I love you, Estrella." he said with a smile, while giving her one last kiss on the lips. "Do you think we should head downstairs now?" Kale asked.

"I love you too," Estrella murmured, remembering again that none of her breaks were ever going to be like this again, and she held on to Kale for a little longer than usual, trying to forget it all.

She sighed, "Yes, I suppose we should go downstairs," and piled all of the presents in her arms, grinning back at Kale; she loved the way the bracelet glittered in the light. She stood, walking towards the door, supposing that Kale would follow, with his black eye, which actually looked kind of cute on him in some very weird way. She walked down the stairs, making her way into the living room.

"Essy! I want my presents now but Mommy says no!" Tommy whined, latching onto Kale's leg, as he had gotten bored of his tinker toys and now was looking to express his opinions on presents to the world.

Kale wrapped his arms around Estrella and enveloped her in a tight hug, giving her a kiss on the top of the head. "Okay." he said with a smile while picking up his second red box. Kale walked down the stairs after Estrella, his eye not throbbing as bad as it was before. He smiled down at litttle Thomas when he latched onto his leg and laughed, "It's okay, Thomas.." he said while patting him on the top of the head. "What are those, Thomas?" Kale asked, trying to distract the ginger haired boy from his current 'problem'.

Carlisle, who had just returned home, was moving around the house quite like a wraith, his presence ghostly and barely making any sound to indicate he was there. He was looking quite more content, having eaten his fill of an unfortunate deer up in Duluth, and a few birds at that. His animalistic tendencies drove him insane sometimes, but he had to do what he had to do.

He smiled as he saw Estrella and Kale enter the room, his expression much more warm and friendly than the last time they had seen him. When he saw the state of both Kale and Luke, he commented jokingly, "Did you boys both play a prank on Estrella or something?"

"Very funny, Carlisle," Estrella replied, rolling her eyes and moving forward to him for a warm hug. "No, dear Luke and Kale here found themselves in a sledding accident," she lied convincingly, and pulled away from him. "You look much better, today, you know. How are you doing for wolfsbane?"

"They're tinker toys!" Tommy half shouted, dragging Kale by the hand to show him, distracted enough. "See, you put them together!"

As Tommy dragged him down to the floor to play with him, he got down on his knees to the boys level and picked up a couple of the colorful pieces, "Tinker toys?" Kale asked almost too enthusiastically to the little boy and added, "Have you built anything cool?" picking up one of the bright circular pieces, he put a green and blue one together.

"Yeah, see!" Tommy exclaimed excitedly, holding up a creation of his own that didn't really look like anything, and he smiled toothily, fully expecting at his young age for the older kid to know what it was. "Tinker toys rule!"

"I'm doing fine with it," Carlisle lied, smiling warmly as she pulled away from him. "I'm really glad you guys came, you know." His voice cracked a bit, knowing well that he might not see his niece for a very long time.

"Me too," Estrella replied, smiling back at Carlisle, both of them sharing a look that only the two of them could understand. "I'm going to see if Maggie needs any help in the kitchen," she said, and left into the kitchen, where she busied herself setting up fondue pots.

Kale grinned at the ginger haired kids excitement, as Tommy held up his 'creation' Kale raised his eyebrow and clapped his hand of his mouth, "Wow!" Kale exclaimed as if he hadn't seen anything that magnificent in his life, "That's really cool, Thomas!" he laughed, "Can you show me how to make a house?"

"Yeah!" Tommy piped excitedly, already grabbing as many toys as he could with his tiny hands and throwing them together crazily.

Having nothing better to do, Luke moved over in amusement, holding up something else that didn't look like anything. He smirked at Kale. "See this?" he said, "This is an airplane." A flicker of amusement passed through his good eye, "You'll get used to recognizing things for what they're supposed to be." Of course, the airplane did not look like an airplane, just like the house didn't look like a house. He wasn't as mad at Kale anymore as he was interested.

Kale gave Luke a perplexed look as he game down to where Tommy and he were, he seemed to calm down as much as he had since the last time that he saw him less than an hour ago. "An airplane you say?" he said, his voice oiled with sarcasm, but not the least bit unpolite. Kale rounded together a couple other tinker pieces and linked them together, "This is a car." he shoved it to Luke, it looked more like a shoe box with whiles or something taken out of a Dr. Suess book. Looking down at Thomas, he watched him build his latest creation.

Margaret swore loudly as all of a sudden, the electricity in the house blew out. Immediately, she was thinking of all the fondue pots, and of all the meat that was going to suffer if it wasn't refrigerated. She turned to Estrella. "Does the phone work, dear?" she asked, not believing that her Christmas dinner was possibly ruined.

Following her aunt's order, Estrella picked up the phone, and like she had predicted, it was dead. "Nope, Maggie," she replied, wondering what they were going to do. She was sure that Margaret would be livid about her fondue.

Carlisle knew that something was up the moment that his wife swore, and after that, the lights fizzled out. He swore himself under his breath, something that he attributed to living with his father and the heater at home always kicking out, even though his parents always declined to buy a new one.

He went downstairs and checked the electrical box, and tried flipping the switch, but it was totally dead. The power was dead.

He pulled out his cell phone, having heard his wife ask Estrella if the phone worked, and he announced, "We can just order Chinese; there's no way we're cancelling Christmas!"

Looking like a distorted sphere on wheels, Tommy held up his newest invention to show his older brother and Kale. "Look; it's a fire truck!" he exclaimed, a bright smile on his face.

He squealed in delight as the power went out, and didn't seem to come back. He suddenly forgot his tinker toys, jumping around Kale in a circle, looking like a crazy vulture. "Does this mean we get to open presents EARLY?" he exclaimed excitedly, jumping up and down.

Luke smirked as the power went out, watching Tommy in amusement as he danced around crazily, but he didn't say anything, figuring that his parents would deal with it.

With her tail wagging a mile a minute, Whisper took the opratunity to stir up some fun. She barked and yipped loudly, darting back and forth around the room and knocking things over like the michevious little kid she should have been.

Then with a final sharp whine, she charged toward Estrella and launched herself into the air. It was then, somewhere in the seconds between midair and landing, that she noticed the warm pulse behind her eyes, her bodies warning sign that she'd allowed herself to get too excited. Her eyes were glowing, shimmering dimly like orbs of violet in the lightless room, a shifter trait that she'd never quite been able to master. A trait that was meant to give her kind away.

Estrella yelped as the dog suddenly jumped on her, but not having enough time to react, she toppled over, falling onto her bum and sliding across the linoleum. "It's just a power outage!" she exclaimed, wondering why the dog was so excitable. She had thought that she had seen something weird about the dog's eyes, but the moment that she fell, it disappeared, and she figured that she had been seeing things.

Kale stood up as the power went out, he wasn't sure why all of the lights suddenly turned off but got up to inspect when after a few minutes he heard a crash on the floor and Estrella's voice.

Walking into the kitchen he saw Estrella's figure sitting on the floor in the dark kitchen, "Hey, uhh, is everything okay?" he inquired while standing in the doorway, no longer distracted by Tommy or Luke with the tinker toys.

"I'm okay," Estrella laughed, her voice as clear as a bell, "This dog's just insane." She got up, and said, "You know, Chinese sounds good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back