The Bennett Household 2

Kale walked after her as she got up and jumped away from him, picking up the empty popcorn bucket he crept the opposite direction away from her and to another aisle. "Oh! This is war!" Kale shouted, from a few seats back while holding the bucket up victoriously. He smiled mischeviously at her as even more people were looking back at them.

"No! It's the bucket of doom!" Estrella bellowed in mock fright, trying to crawl away from Kale. She giggled as she saw the guy working the projection thing staring at them.

Kale grinned at Estrella evilly and ran through the aisles after her, raising the bucket in the air. He tailed behind her, suddenly he tripped over a seat that wasn't put back up and Kale went crashing down to the floor; no longer able to be seen. "Ouch." Kale deadpanned while laying their for a second, the bucket still gripped in his arms.

Estrella gasped when she saw Kale hurt himself, and she crawled over to him, forgetting that she was putting herself in the danger zone. "Are you okay?" she asked, concerned.

Kale looked at Estrella as she crawled over to him, originally he didn't fall on purpose, but pay back was always fun! As Estrella finally got to him, a mischevious smile began to dance on the corners of his mouth, "I am...NOW!" Kale shoved the bucket on her head, it looking as if was a hat three sizes too big. Still on the floor, he laughed crazily at her. He loved that they could be so silly together.

"AHHH! IT"S DARK IN HERE!" Estrella shouted as the bucket was plopped over her head, her arms flailing. "I"M GOING TO GET YOU FOR THAT, KALE!" she bellowed, looking all the more ridiculous with the bucket on her head, which she had failed to remove in her rant.

Kale laughed goofily as she yelled with her head still in the bucket, "Awww...I love my bucket head!" he said while jokily kissing the bucket where he lips would be.

Estrella fell over on her bum when Kale kissed the bucket, and her laughter echoed throughout the bucket as she sat on the floor, rolling with fits of giggles.

All of a sudden, she heard a voice, and pulled the bucket off of her head, a dopey grin on her face. There was a kid with a flashlight, and he said, "We've been getting a lot of complaints about you two; I'm going to have to ask you to leave the theatre."

"Oh, bugger off," Estrella muttered under her breath, grabbing her purse, standing up and dusting the kernels off her clothes. "Let's go, Kale! We can bother the shop people now!" She stood, starting to walk toward the exit of the movie theater, unable to stop laughing.

Kale looked up at the kid with the flashlight, it's brightness blinding him for a moment. Getting up from off the sticky floor, he dusted off all of the kernals that he had missed the first time and straightened up. Kale was still unable to stop laughing, he held his hand out for her to take and they walked out the exit. "We got kicked out!" Kale said mocking a giddy girl with his face all screwed up.

"Yeah," Estrella said, giggling as a blast of cold air hit her face. "That's because we're awesome!" she laughed. "Now, are you up to help me Christmas shop?"

Kale was beginning to calm down now from what had just happened inside the theatre, as they walked out of the lobby and the cold wind from outside blew against his cheeks he looked over at her, "Of course," he said with a smile, "Where to first?"

"Erm, maybe the music store," Estrella replied, grinning. "I've always found it easy to buy cds for everyone instead of messing around with tons of presents." She grinned at Kale, catching a snowflake with her tongue. She pointed towards the music store, and they went inside.

She could see some kids swaggering around and listening to music, acting like they were tough guys. "Wangsters," she muttered jokingly under her breath, looking at the newest selection of cds.

Kale followed Estrella's lead into the store happy to get out of the cold. As they entered he noticed all of the kids listening to music, it was odd to be in a store dedicated to only music, but cool. When he heard Estrella utter something under her breath, he looked at her thinking that she said something to him, "Huh?"

"Wangsters," Estrella said a little more loudly, so that Kale could hear but not the kids. "It's a term used for people who act like wannabe gang-bangers; I'm beginning to think Luke is one of them," she explained, laughing and looking through some cds of that very genre that Luke would listen to. As long as it had a good beat, and swearing, he would probably like it.

Kale shot Estrella a perplexed look for a moment and laughed, "Wangsters.." he thought about it and added, "That's a really funny name." Kale flipped through a couple of displays, all the coveres of the CD's had people with gold teeth with half naked women on them. "Snoop Dogg?" he announced outloud, What a weird name...

"Yeah, Drop it Like It's Hawt!" Estrella replied jokingly, putting emphasis on the "aw" like in the song. She grabbed a Kanye West cd, and she commented, "You know, I have never minded Kanye. He has some half decent songs." She held onto the Kanye West Cd, browsing through the other selections. Finally, she decided on the Kanye cd, and moved to the Children's section. "You know, I think Tommy would just go for Sesame Street," she stated, and looked through the cds, finally finding something by Kelly Clarkson for Maggie and a Red Hot Chili Peppers Cd for Carlisle. "Done!" she exclaimed, never having been a big fan of shopping. She brought the cds up to the register, purchasing them and waiting for Kale at the door.

((Sorry, I'm just trying to speed this up...))

"Never heard of him or his music." Kale said looking down at the Kayne West CD, he walked with her toward the register where a sales clerk helped her with her sale. Woah... Kale looked down at the cash register that was electronic, the one at Flourish and Blott's was caveman status to this one.

Walking to the door he braced himself for the cold outside, Kale put his arm arond Estrella, happy to be just in her presence. "Will this be it?" he inquired, checking to make sure hadn't forgotten anything.

"Yep!" Estrella replied, grinning. "Now all we have to do is meet Luke down at JavaLive. It's a coffee shop," she explained, "They have really good chocolate chip scones. Especially when they're heated." She grinned as he put his arm around her, and she walked with him, the snow having calmed down to be a light, floating powder that drifted lazily to the ground and refused to pack into snowballs. "I'm just happy you're with me," she murmured, her eyes bright as they walked, un-bothered by anyone else.

Kale walked along the sidewalk with Estrella tucked under his arm, "JavaLive sounds awesome.."

"And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here with you." Kale replied with a smile while leaning in to give her a kiss fervently on the lips.

Estrella stopped walking, kissing Kale back, just in front of the JavaLive coffee shop, where Luke and his friends were sure to be waiting inside. "Me either!" she replied, her eyes twinkling as they stepped into the coffee shop, a smile plastered on her face. "Did you want anything to eat?"

Kale gave Estrella one last quick peck on the lips before stepping into the shop, he walked with her toward the counter, "Actually, I'm okay." he said with a smile while letting go of her hand. "Thanks." Kale wasn't really much a coffee person so he was happy to just be in the cool coffee shop atmosphere instead. "What are you getting?"

Luke was lounging in one of the couches by his friends, his girlfriend Jessica to the side of him. She was a pretty blonde that went to school with him, and she had been a childhood friend of Estrella's when they were little.

His happy expression turned to a frown when Kale and Estrella strolled into the coffee shop like a pair of dorks. He really didn't like that Kale kid, and he was less than happy with what Estrella had done to his family. He pretended like he didn't know them, but suddenly, his girlfriend did.

"Estrella!" Jessica bellowed, her voice high pitched. "My god, I haven't seen you in forever! Guess what? There's a sale in Ragstock next door; you should so go with me!" Jessica was already out of her seat, excited to see Estrella. She looked to Kale. "And who might this be?" she inquired, her expression bubbily.

"I'm going to get a chocolate sco-" Estrella tried saying, but was cut off by Jessica's enthusiastic greeting. She was quite surprised to see her, snuggled up to Luke, and didn't know what to say as the pretty blonde approached her. "Erm, this is Kale," she replied, but no sooner than that she was being dragged off by the girl, who was already chatting animatedly with her. "I'll be back soon, I promise!" she bellowed to Kale over her shoulder.

Kale's smile melted off of his face when he noticed Estrella being towed away by a bubbly blonde chick, for a moment he stood there biting his lip unsure of what to do. Luke and his friends didn't look like the friendliest people in the world, so he was thinking of stepping outside for a few minutes until Estrella got back. Heading for the door casually he turned on his heel toward the door..

"So, the preppy rich kid is turning away?" Luke's friend Jose jeered in his Spanish accent. Luke had told his friends that Kale and Estrella went to an uber expensive school in Europe for especially gifted kids.

Right now, Jose and Carl were with Luke, both glaring daggers at Kale. "Why don't you stay with your nanny?" Carl sneered, not exactly the richest kid in the world, and definitely steamed at him.

But Luke, who was definitely the leader today, strolled up to Kale. "Yes," he replied in a soft voice, so that his friends couldn't hear, although it was dripping with poison, "Why don't you go back to your world, freak?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back