Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Are you tired of your nice, sweet chars only having nice sweet threads? Do your meaner chars need a break? Are you scared of dropping in on open threads and ruining the vibes? Do you want to give your friendly kids a bad day? I do....

So instead of sleeping last night I caught myself ruminating on a new idea and I wanted to try something a little different than a usual PD. This IC year I want to set myself the goal of having each of my school characters have at least one Positive and Negative interaction thread with different characters, that is to say with two different characters, not the same one. I thought it'd be a good way to encourage me to develop my chars and encourage a few more complicated relationship dynamics.

So, what I was thinking to achieve that would be to post this thread with a few options to reply:

I'll post a few prompts with my characters and if you have a char you want to do that thread with, let me know and we can start the thread! Alternatively, if you have a character prompt you'd like to write, post it below and I can reply with a character I'd want to join that thread with.

So, for example, here's a few plot prompts you could claim:

I want Milo Frogg to have a NEGATIVE interaction with someone while he corrects or critiques them regarding Quidditch. Perhaps they're doing broom maintenance or discussing the latest Pro Quidditch game. Bonus points if they're an older student or on one of school teams.
I want Cameron Roswell to have a POSITIVE interaction with someone while he takes their photo for the year book. Maybe it's their school portrait or maybe they're doing something interesting or club related.
I want Maris Wormwood to have a POSITIVE interaction with someone around the school. Bonus points if they do something nice for her that doesn't involve cleaning.
I want Prof. Angel Castillo to have a NEGATIVE interaction with someone at the school. Doesn't necessarily need to lead to any student getting detention or house points taken

Alternatively, if you don't have any solid ideas yet, just post a character or two below and say if you want a positive or negative interaction and I can come up with a prompt and character or we can brainstorm something together. Just throw out a character name (mine or yours!) and whether you want a positive or negative reaction.

Let's try to keep it to just one or two chars to start while I work out if this works as a PD at all...

EDIT: Oh, also, unless you feel strongly otherwise, was planning to keep all these threads as Open After, so if there's an idea or interaction that looks fun or interests you with someone else, feel free to jump in!

Character List below to make our lives easier.
Prof Angel Castillo - Slytherin HoH
Maris Wormwood - HNZ Caretaker
Rene Tofilau - Hufflepuff 7th year, Quidditch Captain
Cameron Roswell - Slytherin 5th year, Accio
Marnie Frogg - Hufflepuff 4th year, CAC, HM
Dorian Fitzwilliam - Ravenclaw 3rd year, Unofficial History Club
Raafe Khatri - Gryffindor 3rd year
Milo Frogg - Gryffindor 1st year

Last edited:
I already told you this but I love this idea!

I want Prof. Angel Castillo to have a NEGATIVE interaction with someone at the school. Doesn't necessarily need to lead to any student getting detention or house points taken
For this I think I can suggest my new firstie Vanity, she's very opinionated and not amused she's sleeping in the dungeons. She is ready to complain.

I really want to do a second character but my brain isn't braining right now so I'll be back for that one

For this I think I can suggest my new firstie Vanity, she's very opinionated and not amused she's sleeping in the dungeons. She is ready to complain.
Thank you for supporting my madness, Daph.
And great! Are you thinking she'd come directly to his office to complain or is she like, staging a protest in the common room or trying to sleep somewhere else around the school?

Thank you for supporting my madness, Daph.
And great! Are you thinking she'd come directly to his office to complain or is she like, staging a protest in the common room or trying to sleep somewhere else around the school?
While those last two ideas are funny I do think she'd come directly to him. But she wouldn't necessarily go to his office, could also accost him in the common room when he's just walking through :r

While those last two ideas are funny I do think she'd come directly to him. But she wouldn't necessarily go to his office, could also accost him in the common room when he's just walking through :r
Deal 🤝 Sounds like something that might work best if you start it, if that works for you? Feel free to set it where ever :r Public throw down in the Great Hall if you like etc

Hey Kris! I'm being absent but I will still try to slowly get into the posting with a few characters to start with. So I have two offers right now but we could see how that goes:

I want Cameron Roswell to have a POSITIVE interaction with someone while he takes their photo for the year book. Maybe it's their school portrait or maybe they're doing something interesting or club related.

Definitely not unexpected but Sadie for a positive interaction with Cameron? I totally love their vibe :wub:

And then maybe for Dorian a negative interaction with Georgia? He could find her overly a know-it-all, especially since they are in the same unofficial history club?

For Milo, I can offer a few folk who work, literally any of my quidditch folk (Leonardo, Savannah, Seamus or Fraser). Any of them would probably end up negative, depends which route you want to go for.

I love this idea!

For your prompt for Milo, I was going to offer Michael but I think Renata would work the same way both ways. It would be funny to have a 6th year get a bit offended by an opinionated first year and have a bit of an ego blow :lol: immediately annoy a prefect. Plus it lets Renata be not so above it all.

I also want Cameron to have a positive interaction (she says, posting this from the source of like a good chunk of his negative ones) so I was thinking maybe Oz? Like during photos he kind of awkwardly asks if Cameron can help him look a little taller and looks up to him (literally).

I would love to RP with Maris too but I don't have any solid ideas at the moment aside from "idk maybe she and Gabrielle have something nice happen" so I'll get back to you on that later.

Edit: coming back now I'm awake and reading it through properly oops I could also offer Aine having a positive interaction with Dorian (maybe them both being a bit cynical and Aine not throwing hands in history club) if that would appeal?

Last edited:
Chanting: friends friends friends
Definitely not unexpected but Sadie for a positive interaction with Cameron? I totally love their vibe :wub:

And then maybe for Dorian a negative interaction with Georgia? He could find her overly a know-it-all, especially since they are in the same unofficial history club?
Sofija!! We can take it slow but I agree I love Sadie and Cameron I'd be down for them to hang out more. I'd be happy start that thread for them.

As for Dorian, it's incredibly easy to have a negative interaction with him, hahha. Maybe they can both be in the library and she wants to talk about whatever they're both readying (History or otherwise) and he's just cranky someone's bothering to talk to him at all

For Milo, I can offer a few folk who work, literally any of my quidditch folk (Leonardo, Savannah, Seamus or Fraser). Any of them would probably end up negative, depends which route you want to go for.
For your prompt for Milo, I was going to offer Michael but I think Renata would work the same way both ways. It would be funny to have a 6th year get a bit offended by an opinionated first year and have a bit of an ego blow :lol: immediately annoy a prefect. Plus it lets Renata be not so above it all.

I can see it, I can see a terrible thread coming together... What if Milo and Fraser both get into some sort of Quidditch fact showdown around Renata? Perhaps she's doing broom maintenance and Milo tries to correct how she's trimming the branches something and Fraser dogpiles in?

I also want Cameron to have a positive interaction (she says, posting this from the source of like a good chunk of his negative ones) so I was thinking maybe Oz? Like during photos he kind of awkwardly asks if Cameron can help him look a little taller and looks up to him (literally).
and omg Camilla, I don't care if I end up doing two photo posts I love the idea of Cameron and Oz, that's amazing. Let's definietly do that, do you mind starting it?

coming back now I'm awake and reading it through properly oops I could also offer Aine having a positive interaction with Dorian (maybe them both being a bit cynical and Aine not throwing hands in history club) if that would appeal?
For Dorian and Aine, I have a thought... Maybe since he's seen Aine speak up a few times around History club he could try asking her for some advice on how to talk to people (hiliarious target for that I know). I feel like they both have that ability to be terrible at conversations and it could end up being kinda sweet.

Also btw, since one or two folks have mentioned it to me, if anyone wants to join me in trying this sort of "Challenge" or even post prompts or interactions for chars in general that aren't necessarily for me whether in their own PD or here, feel free!

Yes okay sounds good! I will start something for Oz and Cameron and get back to you soonish with it. I am down for the young Gryffindors testing the patience of the 6th year girl who's supposed to be setting a good example especially because it'll be fun to see Renata get actually a little mad over something extremely petty (aren't you tired of being nice???) :r

I think Aine and Dorian could be fun (same hat on inserting foot into mouth) though I don't want to overload with threads right away so we can maybe come back to that after a history club event if you were interested!

I can see it, I can see a terrible thread coming together... What if Milo and Fraser both get into some sort of Quidditch fact showdown around Renata? Perhaps she's doing broom maintenance and Milo tries to correct how she's trimming the branches something and Fraser dogpiles in?
Yes! Absolutely! I think that would be good fun. I can start it?

Positive vibes can be offered again for Angel from June. Do you need coffee? Girl gonna get it for you.

Also got Crystal for Rene if you are looking for something just fun or something.

Yes please, am big excited for that one 👀

Let me know if anything needs changed.
@Renata Stepanova for you to join when you want.

Hi! I know I still need to start the thread with Sydney, but I just wanted to offer Celia up for negative interactions with any of your school characters, but especially René.

I feel like Celia would've spent the past few years trying to restrain her cruelest impulses around René both because of the boggart thing and the dating-her-friends thing. But now that she doesn't have a reputation to maintain and she's no longer friends with those friends, I think she'd feel freer to be awful to him. We could do something Quidditch-related (she could definitely make some belittling comments about his personal record last year). Or maybe something Gwen-related (she is definitely not a fan of Gwen now and is by extension not a fan of René and could make more belittling comments about their relationship). Or something else entirely!

That was the first thought that popped into my head, but if you have other ideas (including positive interactions) with your other characters, let me know. I think as head girl, she feels like she has the license to bully talk to anyone. But no worries if none of that strikes you as interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back