Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Flexible Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Hello friends!!

Alright so this idea came about the other day, when I was lurking the old banner examples topics. It made me feel a bit sad, since because I wasn't the most active on here when the old style of graphics was super big, I missed out on the best of it :cry:

Then I had the thought of 'what if today's characters had graphics in the old style?' which snowballed into me actually attempting to make signatures inspired by some of the old banner examples, and voila!

KlVa9yw.png

dPY5Dwj.png

It's interesting to see how much graphics have changed in the last 7 years(ish?), and I'm admittedly really curious to see what everyone else's characters would look like in graphics of this style, so I'm posting this topic to see if anyone also wants in on the throwback fun of seeing what our characters from today could have looked like in 2010 (If they weren't already active then, of course :p ).

If you do make an old school graphic it would be awesome if you could please post it here for me (and hopefully other members) to appreciate them!

Also if you aren't a graphic maker but want to have a signature like this, feel free to ask and I'll gladly put something together for you! These were really fun to make, and has reignited my inspiration to make graphics so I'm looking for an excuse to make more xD

OMG. I have so many of these on my computer. I will post after I get off work!

Oh my godddd Annaaaaaaaaaaaa if I had seen those in 2010 I would have cried bc you were a graphic god xD

I definitely want to try making something with my old technique for laughs :lol: I think my strategy was basically just 'cover everyone's face with as many grunge brushes as I can find on deviantart' =))

Ricky_MadisonSig2.png

AislingSig3.png

(I think that second sig was the first time I discovered what an overlay layer did xD )

Last edited:
Okay i tried this xD but i've changed computer and graphics software since 2010 era stuff, soooo i've lost most of the old fonts and graphics packs that would've helped make them but here are some attempts. Once I got it to work it was fun, took, very little time and was like nice xD I don't tend to make graphics for that sort of thing much any more but here:

tumblr_pk5lo0qask1vi5akdo1_540.png

tumblr_pk5lo0qask1vi5akdo2_500.png

tumblr_pk5nknUX7F1vi5akdo1_540.png

Last edited:
Emzies I feel like you put so much work into Rory's signatures specifically because they always end up looking 100/10. (not that your other ones don't look great bc they do!)

FKyXKCZ.png

Ah yes, I remember... the good old days when banners took 15 minutes tops =))

I used to add a weird radial blur to the edges of my banners, and add random light effects even if they didn't fit, so VOILA

These graphics are so good guys :wub: It would be cool to use this style of graphics during OSW for the extra throwback fun :o

On the subject of old school graphics, I found this tutorial by Emmah back in 2010! The images linked for the tutorial no longer work, but the steps sort of give an idea of how to use blending modes with textures and things to make graphics at the time, and there's an example of what the graphics would have looked like in the responses! Just another fun throwback to this I guess!

Here's another graphic I made for Claire just now!!! It wasn't following the tutorial exactly and all I did really was use textures i thought were similar, but it's still accurate to the time I think :p

jqzpUkz.png

I love it so much Anna :wub: :wub: and I love the idea of using old school graphics for old school week hahahah!!

Just made a couple too :r

Sx1c2Ui.png

NvLdBMC.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back