Oh No!

"Mr. O'Brien." Professor King began in a calm tone, "As I have stated numerous times she was no threat to you. If she had a wand that worked and had been involved in Death Eater activities she wouldn't be at this school any longer, and even if she were you would be aware of her past. Now, you seem to be under the impression that Ms. Green expressly killed Ms. Landers. I fear this is a vast inaccuracy. Ms. Green caused for Ms. Lander's death, but did not kill her. The Borely mansion did that."

Bellatrix winced once more at the sound of this all, her face still trained upon Professor King, as if frozen there, but her hands clenched the sides of her bed, as if in pain. Tears fell from her eyes, because of such controversy and problems this situation has caused, Nurse Patrick acting as if she was a mass murderer, the remembrance of her horrid First Year and Rose...and her own physical and mental instability at this moment.

Patrick's head ached he could so do without all of this right now, he squeezed the bridge of his nose and nodded his head. So the girl wasnt a threat, fine but what in the world was someone so young doing with that disgusting mark?
"I was under that impression because that is the one Ms. Green gave by yelling she had killed her" Patrick told him, he sighed part of him wishing he had never called the man and the other part recognising where Professor King was coming from.
"I apologise Professor King it was most likely my overreaction to seeing that mark for the first time in years and to see it on someone so young" he kept his face impassive as he said, "It will not go beyond these walls that she carries it, I promise you".

"I...I am sorry...that you were under the impression...that I had...truly killed...Rose...as if I had delivered the final blow... T-That night...I did try and kill her...truly I did...I can't even remember why...but I was only the cause and aid in her death...not the true murderer. But every day...since that night...I felt like I was the one...who killed her...not a day goes by that does not make me remorseful about that. And I also apologize for such a reaction about....about....the...Mark. I used to take pride in it...so much pride for the Death of Rose Landers and wielding the Dark Mark...and my ego for it lasted a while. But...luckily to say...I have lost that... I am ashamed that....that you Nurse Patrick...had to act as if I was a threat. Yes...I...have done grave deeds....but...but...there is nothing more to me than those. I never worked on developing much of a...a personality...or anything...just more self destruction.... And as for your fear of if I was dangerous...I think the ministry has handled that well enough. As the Professor mentioned, my wand is controlled...after Roses death I was sent to Azkaban...and a numerous amount of trials in my first two years here...thats when the whole Ministry found out about my mark. Just before my second trial...I had begged for it...I would do anything for it...just to feel...some sort of reward for my actions...I dunno...I don't know what I was truly looking for. And then...when they all found out...it was even more of a up roar...and they restricted me even harder. If I wanted to...I could still find a way to do bad deed...but because of my restrictions they wouldn't...be so terrible...but the thing is...I...I don't wish for a lot of that anymore... Well truly...I don't know what I wish for...all I am is a screwed up...lost...girl...and nothing more...no threat...just mentally...and physically hurting...badly..."

Patrick felt terrible as he listened to Bellatrix Green talking. This could be his niece in another year or so, having no control of her curse either would she do something as terrible. He knew Professor King had been discreet about Andromeda and for that he was utterly grateful. He should not have jumped to the worse case scenario when his own niece at this present time was a greater threat.
He looked at the fragile girl in the bed and shook his head gently.

"I'm sorry you went through so much for one so young" he told her honestly, "If you wish my help then you have it. I deal pretty well with lost screwed up children" he smiled now kindly, rubbing a hand across the creased lines on his forehead.
"My deepest apologies to you for over-reacting I am well able to handle myself in many situations and honestly can't think of a single reason why I went off as I did", he turned then to Professor King, "My deepest apologies again to you sir. I know your position means that you are party to a great deal of information that does not need to be divulged to others. I over-reacted and am ashamed of myself for it. It's not every day one gets to see the mark any more".

Bellatrix's breakdown and self psychoanalysis was unexpected, but Professor King ignored it. She had done similar things on smaller scales in the past and nothing ever changed.
"You'd be surprised." Professor King said under his breath as he adjusted his robes and turned to leave. He stopped halfway to the door before turning around to face Ms. Green and the nurse, "Get well soon Ms. Green." He started with a polite nod, "And good luck with her Mr. O'Brien." he concluded, turning back toward the door. He wasn't sure if Patrick truly was sorry, or if the man had lost any respect for him in the short time they had spoken. However at the moment he didn't care. So long as Patrick ensured Bellatrix's health he would be fine with whatever occurred today or the repercussions of it.

Bellatrix had nothing to say, Patrick had apologised... That left her in a slight state of shock. Upon professor Kings arrival, she stared at him once more, nodding in confirmation, at his surprising get well statement. She began to feel as if not all hope was lost...but she knew...no matter what happened...she would always be watched...and it scared her, truly scared her. Bellatrix then gazed her soft green eyes upon Nurse Patrick and waited for something to happen. Her arm still laying limp by her side, Dark Mark in full view.

Patrick smiled at Ms. Green and this time before lifting her hand asked.
"If I promise not to get hysterical this time would you mind if I checked your pulse?"
He did not want her to feel anymore uncomfortable that he had already made her feel, she would have alot of crosses to bear growing up and he certainly was not going to add to them any more than he just had.

Bellatrix nodded. "As long as there is not hysteria from either of us, you may do all your medical...stuff as you please, Nurse Patrick." she said lifting her left arm for him. "Though...I do ask...that you be a little more gently with this arm...its never been quite the same..."

Patrick nodded his head and smiled at her. He lifted her arm gently and placed his fingers at the necessary points.
"You seem to be doing alot better today, your heart rate is running alot smoother actually" he said replacing her arm, "Would you mind terribly having to stay here another night though? I think another decent nights sleep and some more of the nourishing spell might help you. That and perhaps someone to listen to you if you need to talk".

"I don't think I have much of a choice..." she mumbled. "Besides....how do we know what will transfer over to when I am alone..." she said shuddering at that dreaded word. "..again..."

Patrick eyed her speculatively and sat at the edge of her bed.
"You know on occasion I could do with some help around here in the hospital wing, it's not slave labour or anything but it would help me alot to know that I didn't have to worry about the menial duties. My files are backing up considerably. If after the holidays you would like to come and give me a hand here I would gratefully appreciate it" he smiled at her, everything he said was true but more importantly he didn't want someone so young to feel so obviously afraid of being on their own.
"What would you like for breakfast and I'll get some up here? That's if you don't mind eating with your healer?" he smiled again. Sometimes the slightest amount of human contact was all a person genuinely needed for any healing to occur.

Bellatrix stared at Patrick, probably wide eyes, for his whole offer on her to come and help him. Inwardly she laughed, but on the outside she was actually considering it. Soon realizing that her expression was probably gaping she averted her eyes down ward. Upon hearing his breakfast question she robotically mumbled. "I don't want food..." This as more so a habit of answers and less of what it actually meant...but the concept was still there.

"So you're going to let me eat alone at that big table?" he asked her, pointing in the direction of the large table at the top of the hospital ward.
"Suit yourself but I do hate to eat alone!"

She then suddenly stumbled her way out of the bed. "I will sit with you." she compromised. Happy to be free of the dreaded sheets and feeling as if on display.

Patrick smiled, amazed really that she would even accompany him. He called a name and within seconds a stumpy looking house elf appeared.
"Glayian, I shall be eating here again today I'm sorry. I know you must have better things to do than to serve me here but I have a patient and I cannot leave my patients alone now can I?" he smiled at the house elf who gave him a weary look as he turned his head to look at the patient. The elves face contorted for a fraction before nodding his head and telling Patrick he would oblige.
Patrick knelt down to the level of the elf and whispered for him to bring extra food just incase. The elf apparated back to the kitchens and Patrick walked to the large table. He pulled a chair out for Bellatrix Green and waited for her to be seated.

"This is good. There's nothing worse than sitting at this large table having me food alone. Many patients are usually comotose when it's eating time" he smiled to her.

Bellatrix sat awkwardly, looking around the room, trying to see if the revolting House Elf would appear soon. "I am sure it would be a terrible thing to endure...eating alone..." she muttered under her breath, more sarcastically than it was meant to sound.

"Well it's not necessarily terrible" Patrick said as he sat into his own chair, "but it can get tediously boring. All one tends to hear is the munching of food but at least with company a slight conversation is always better than the sound of digesting food!"
He was smiling now the mood had lightened no matter how sarcastic her tone, Patrick had to admit the girl in spite of herself was quite a likeable character.

Bellatrix rolled her eyes. "Yeah...yeah..." she muttered, continuing to glance around for the House Elf. She finally said, to break the long silence. "Your House Elf is too slow...the rotten filth..."

"Bella!" he corrected her immediately before she had even finished her sentence, "That is exactly why he is being slow. He obviously knew you. How about you cut him some slack and he might do the same for you! He's not really a bad sort!"

At that moment a flash and crack announced the arrival of Glayian, carrying a large tray which he set on the table infront of Patrick. He muttered something to him before apparating again.

Patrick sighed and lifted the lid from the food tray. The aroma from the food was breathtaking and very inticing.
"This sure does smell good" he said aloud.

Bellatrix suddenly looked down, her eyes glued to the table, ashamed when Patrick was stern with her. Upon the elf's arrival she did not look up, just remained as if she did not notice anything new. Once Patrick tried to make her 'want' the food by flaunting it, a sharp sneer came across her face. "I hope you are enjoying your food." she said sharply, letting her sharp eyes flicker up, meeting his.

"I would enjoy this alot better if you would try eating some of it" he said to her sincerely, "Bella, why do you insist on being antangoistic? I am not here to hurt you in any way. I can be one of the best friends you will ever have if you will just try." A thought occured to him then and he smiled as if her sour humour had not bothered him at all. "I don't mean if you will try the food I'll be your friend!"

"I'm antagonistic because that is what I need to be...that is what I am...have always been...I am nothing better than that..." she mumbled. "It seems that I am stuck having you attempt to be my friend either way..." she mumbled.

ooc: Nice...pun I guess you would call it. I liked it, just sucked at responding to it.

Patrick sighed and began to eat his food, he didn't realise until that moment exactly how hungry he was. He continued eating thinking as he did so, let her consider what she has just said herself, he thought.
"You don't seem to like the idea of friends..." he said as he swallowed some bacon, "Yet you don't like the idea of being alone either. A conundrum Ms Green!"

"Its not that I do not like the idea of having a friendship...I just know it is not possible for someone like me..." she said more to her self than ever. "...I don't know how to make friends....keep friends....anything.... But I cannot stand to be alone....being alone is the worst possible thing...I have been alone before....torture it was....in Azkaban....after Azkaban...you never wish to truly be alone... You keep people around, even if only through problems and hate they stay, to watch your every move, they are still there...for you..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back