Oh No!

"Okay..." Bellatrix murmured softly. She then stepped forward, attempted to walk, but all the excitement, furry, and activities left her drained. Not to mention that she still had not eaten. She wobbled a bit suddenly clinging to Patrick just before she fainted.

Andromeda watched as the girl seemed to weaken so quickly. Is that what that mark does to her? Suddenly she fainted and Andromeda gasped running to the girls side as well to see if she could help.

Patrick smiled as she agreed with him and then in a matter of seconds she was clinging to him and then she fainted. He caught her immediately, scooping her into his arms and carrying her back to her bed. Gently he laid her down and pulled the blankets up around her. He cast the nourishment charm on her again but decided to leave her rest this time. It would probably be best for her to come around naturally.

He turned around to see his niece still standing there. Frowning slightly he walked towards her.
"What was that all about? You know you're not supposed to interfere with my patients".

"How could I just stand there mute like after hearing her say she had a dark mark?" Andromeda said disbelivingly. Was he defending the girl he had called Bellatrix.
"What is it with her any way? That has you all defensive and jumping in like shiny knight guy".

She had to admit it was annoying considering her uncles shiny knight status had usually been reserved for her.

Patrick raised an eyebrow quizzically, "Shiny knight guy?" he murmured with a smile. He walked over to her and placed an arm over her shoulder.
"You have a horrible secret don't you? Well she has one too. Would you like your secret to define who you are? NO you wouldn't and you fight against it as much as you can." he raised a hand then to silence anything that she might have said to that, "I know that in your case it is different in the sense that you are physically defined but that's all her scar is as well. It's not who she is as a person at least not anymore. She's had longer to come to terms with her 'affliction' than you've had and I'm sure as you get older, your secret will feel like the terrible weight it is. But I know you and I know you will never let it destroy the person you are".

He smiled down at her and released her shoulder.

Andromeda wanted to interupt as he began his speech but he raised a hand to stop her. She sighed allowing him to speak. It all made sense to her. She looked at the girl for a moment on the bed before looking back at her uncle.
"You have too much faith in me" she told him "Is that what happened to her, her secret began to destroy her?"

She hung her head in shame, she had no right to have had a go at the girl when she was so horribly scarred as well, in more ways than one.
"I didn't choose to be a werewolf though, maybe that's why I fight harder against my 'affliction'. As hard as any person can fight against it".

"I know, I know" was all he could say to comfort her too. He placed his arms about her once more and held her tight. She really had been through enough, could he blame her for lashing out the way she did. Goodness knows it was so far and few between and was only to be expected.

Bellatrix could feel Patrick lift her up and return her to the bed...though...it felt fuzzy...very distant. She could hear the muffled voices in the background of her pitch black scene. Though she could not make out any of the words...or who's they were. Yet suddenly one word, pierced her drowning silence. Werewolf. Her mind began to slowly wrap around the meaning of the word...many minutes later finally being able to comprehend it. Though she was still falling...into her black lake, unable to respond, unable to move, nothing.

"Look I better head back I'll have one of my exams soon" she hung her head as if wrestling with what she wanted to say next, "tell her I'm sorry".

Andromeda began to walk away and then turned back again, "actually don't, I'll tell her myself when I see her or if I see her around the school".

Patrick watched as she left, giving her a small wave. It seemed so unfair that the young had to suffer the way they did. So unnecessary. He turned back to where Bellatrix lay and sighed. Rubbing his temple he contemplated what his next move would be when the house elf showed up to clear away the food and tray.
"Thank you" Patrick nodded at him, going then to his office to sit down. He would hear her if she woke. After half an hour or so, Patrick becoming restless went back out and sat down on a chair beside her bed. He felt more at ease being able to keep a close eye on her here.

ooc: Okay then. :D

Two days. Two days in darkness...nothing... On the third and final day of this swallowed feeling, Bellatrix awoke, with a bit of a shock, naturally. Not quite remember what happened, she sort of jostled out of her bed. She looked around suddenly trying to remember what had happened. Her hair was flying in mattes every which way, that made her look quite insane, against her skeletal form. She slowly let her eyes flicker open and noticed she was in a hospital bed. She quickly lifted her head, confused about her surroundings, suddenly realized that she had reacted too quickly, and felt dizzy once more. She quickly crawled back down into her bed and laid her head back with a loud groan. She then began to remember. The alleged breakfast, the fight with Andy...and one word, that stuck in her head, repeating over and over. Werewolf. Bellatrix closed her eyes trying to think on this...letting the word slowly pass through her lips. "Werewolf..." she repeated in a soft, rasping voice. Her eyes which had now begun to droop closed suddenly snapped open at the sound of her voice. She began to panic. How long had she been out. She didn't look at her surroundings, just screamed. "PATRICK!" the word, screeched out of her dry, weak throat.

ooc: I wasin't quite sure what to do with Patrick. If you want you could have him sitting there observing her, or something, knowing Bellatrix she wouldn't have noticed anyway, so it won't screw it up. Uh...just do whatever you wish with him. :D I have no preference. But it may make it interesting if he was by her side.

Patrick had gone about his usual business, other patients had come and gone over the few days she lay unconscious. He had, had to do his best to keep her partition up and had used a silence charm around the partitions so no noise would disturb her. It was almost as if he knew she would wake, he had just closed the partition on Maddie Halloworth and walked over to see how she was when she called out to him.
It was the word she had spoken before his name that held him in a vice like grip. Slowly he walked to her bedside.
"Bellatrix, I'm here. It's alright" he sat on her bedside, his mind racing as to what to say to her. She had so obviously heard their conversation a few days ago.

Bellatrix, continued to look around frantically. Her heart racing. "What the hell has happened?!" She snapped, though her tone was not worried but extremely frightened.

"You were still very weak Bellatrix" Patrick told her soothingly, "The nourishment spell only does so much. Your body was still suffering from the effects of near starvation. That takes quite a while to heal alone."

He stood up and walked to her side.
"You'll be fine, I know you will."

[[ sorry about the long wait with Patrick's replies. Unfortunately, the replies will be a few days apart from now on in. Can't be helped sorry.]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back