Oh No!

Patrick listened to her and couldn't even begin to imagine what it must have been like in Azkaban for someone so young. It should not have been allowed.
"Everyone has to start off with baby steps, learn to walk before they can run. How about everyday you attempt to say something positive to that girl who brought you here. Kiera wasn't it?" Patrick looked at her, "Nothing that is good in life comes to us easily, we must work at it that goes for even the best friendships. You will see that there are people who genuinely want to be your friend not because they can get something out of it but just because. It will feel difficult to begin with but with time it gets easier."

"Its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, when everything is black..." Bellatrix murmured. Listening to Patrick's words intently, but curious as to if any of it would really work...

Patrick placed his fork and knive back on his plate. He dabbed at his mouth with a napkin and placed that beside his table. He waited a moment before speaking.

"It's only as dark as you want it to be Bella, it's only as hard as you make it for yourself", he smiled then in remembrance, "My father was forever saying, 'Life is easy it's only humans who complicate it'. Just once you know that the light is there, it might take harder and longer to reach than most but it is there. Faith Bella, faith in yourself is the key" he looked at her, wondering was any of this really sinking in.

He certainly wasn't expecting her to leave here altered to a Disney charaicature, smiling and happy all the time, calling animals to her and being crazily nice to everyone. No, he just wanted her to give herself a chance at happiness, even some.

Patrick looked at her. He would not give in and he would not allow this bleak talk either.
"Now that isn't very positive is it? If you lost it well it's time to find it. A new day with a new slate. Every morning you wake up just think to yourself, 'Today I have done no wrong to man or creature. When I sleep tonight my last thought will be... I did no wrong to man or creature.'"

"Exactly Bella and now it's time to put it to rights. Not necessarily go about each day saying I have to be really really nice to this person or I have to do a good deed every day to atone for what I have done. But just to try to be a better person for yourself. If that girl who was here earlier sees enough good in you to want to be your friend and stay that way as badly as she seemed, then you can't be all that bad now can you?" he said as he looked at her kindly.

The hospital door opened and Andromeda waltsed in, she saw her uncle and a girl who was obviously a patient sitting at the large table. Her uncle was eating while it looked like the girl who needed the food wasn't eating a thing. Andromeda smiled at them both as she walked over to the table. She picked up a sausage from his plate and took a bite.
"Morning Uncle P, shall I just go straight in? Is it ready?" she asked as she took another bite.

Bellatrix stared at Patrick, "I am-" and she cut her response off at the new entrance of a young Gryffindor. "What the hell?" she muttered to her self, watching the two curiously.

Patrick watched as Bellatrix was about to respond to what he said when the doors to the hospital opened and Andromeda walked in. He smiled wondering how these two girls would react to one another. They would appear polar opposites, yet they both had a secret which was lethal and which would condemn them to those in the outside world.

"Didn't you get your own breakfast this morning?" he asked her as he sat back in his chair, "Yes, it's all ready on my desk just make sure you close the door ok?"

"Rushed breakfast so I could get up here" she grinned, Andromeda raised her hand in salute to the girl sitting at the table, "Hiya, sorry for barging in."

She walked over to the office door and called back over her shoulder, "I'll sort myself out ok!"
It wasn't a question just a statement of fact, as she went into the office and closed the door behind her.

Andromeda looked at the vial containing the wolfsbane potion on the desk and shivered. She so hated taking the stuff but knew she had to. Picking up the vial she drank it back quickly and loudly began to gag from the awful taste.
She waited momentarily for it's bitter after taste to leave.

Patrick waited for Ace to close the office door.
"Sorry about that, that's my niece Andromeda she comes here every day for stuff" he told her "So you were saying before we were rudely interrupted".

He hoped Andromeda's entrance hadn't put paid to whatever Bellatrix had been about to say. Patrick waited patiently for her to begin again.

Bellatrix looked awkwardly between the now closed office door, hiding Andy and back to Patrick. She waited a moment trying to collect her thoughts. "I....well...you said I cannot be all that bad, because Kiera wanted to be with me. Well...I think other wise. I think it is either pity for me, or because I introduced her to her long lost mother...or something... Nurse Patrick....you have to believe me when I say...I...don't have any good in me..." Bellatrix said this, her voice soft, on the edge from cracking.

"Can I ask you why you think that? Is it because you bear that mark? I would really like to know why you are so convinced you haven't an ounce of good in you?" Patrick folded his hands together on the table and waited for her to speak, he so wanted to understand her. He truly did.

Bellatrix sighed heavily. "E-everything I was raised to be...what I became, was nothing but for dark reasons. The only thing I knew before I came to this school, was the Dark Arts. And after my....rocky first two years here, I have lost all faith. That's what I was born into and that is all I will ever be... I bear the Dark Mark under my own choice, though now, it is a constant reminder...of the evil rooted within me... I see other children at the school...ones like Kiera Kingsly...and they are...normal. Worrying about every day things like what to wear and what House Boy to impress and how they do on their studies. I worry only about not getting into Azkaban again. The deeds I have done...and do...are not normal deeds for a child my age. Murder...racist remarks written in my own blood...cursing Professors...running from everything...hiding. Nothing...that anyone should ever do, not many full grown adults would ever commit the acts I have committed...the odds are against me...my blood is against me...my lineage is against me...everything, just points me in the opposite direction. The current in the river is too strong for me to fight...I have to go with it...and drown."

Andromeda had opened the door to leave again when she heard the girl talking. She hadn't meant to eavesdrop she couldn't help it. She gasped slightly when the girl mentioned all the things she had done and yet Andromeda wanted to shake her.
"It's always possible to swim against the current. You just have to try harder!" she said in a clear strong voice moving over to the table and looking directly at the girl.
"Only cowards take the easy route. It's not supposed to be easy being good. It's hard work like everything else in life. Being bad is easy until is starts sucking the life out of you. Try being good and yeah, it's difficult but it's worth it. The friends you make because of your efforts are so worth it. They stick with you through anything and I mean anything. Coward!"

It was unlike Andromeda to speak so forwardly and to a complete stranger but to speak so harshly as well. Andromeda took a deep breath ready for her uncle to chastise her.

Patrick had wanted to stop her as soon as she started speaking but instead he watched Bellatrix closely to see how she would react. It was also quiet disconcerting, now Andromeda knew this girls secret would she be willing to part with her own. He waited to see what the fallout of her outburst would be. He sat silently as if waiting itself was his occupation.

Bellatrix immdediately stood furiously, knocking her chair over. In a swift movement she was inches from the girl, her wand pointed directly at her throat. "Do not call me a coward." she snapped coldly. "What would a pitiful 1st year Gryffindor, know about anything?! Nothing. She would know nothing!"

Andromeda glared at the girl, her wide amber eyes flaming in their sockets. Even now the massive scar on her shoulder was beginning to tingle. This was a first and she didnt know what it meant.
"Alot you know about Gryffindor. There isn't a single coward in the Gryffindor house. I know that much. And how brave are you holding your wand up to a 1st year! Very brave of you!" Andromeda spat at her.

Patrick stood up, his own wand raised now. He knew there were restrictions on Bellatrix's wand but even so she was threatening his niece and nothing he said sank in at all?

"Bella put it down. Ace that's enough" he said as calmly as he could coming around slowly to stand closer to them.

"I know how 'brave' I am. I know I can hurt you a lot more than you can hurt me!" she snapped, her voice growing viciously dangerous. "And I also know plenty about your pitiful house of Gryffindor. How its leaking with mud-bloods and blood-traitors alike...muggle lovers all of you...disgracing the name of Wizard, none of you deserve to be here!" Bellatrix continued, ignoring Patrick

Andromeda was furious now and ignoring her uncle turned her fury on the girl infront of her. She stood closer so the girls wand was pressing in against her neck more.
"The only thing that is a disgrace to the wizarding world is you and that disgusting mark you wear. You're the filth, pure bloods a lot of hogwash. Families who have inbred for centuries no wonder you're all mad!"

"That's enough!" Patrick bellowed, furious for what his niece had said he reached for Bella's wand.
"The two of you will grow bloody up now!"

Bellatrix gripped her wand tightly, dogging Patricks pitiful attempt to grab it. "My mark shows loyalty something sadly you shall never learn to know! I wear it proud. And knowing every day that I keep my blood pure and clean is a hell of a lot better than thinking I am related to a f**king muggle! I would inbreed any day!"

Patrick's hand fell from the wand he had been reaching for.
"Bellatrix!" his voice was low, very calm but like steel.
"Not in my hospital do you hear me? The pair of you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back