Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Hi all.
So. as some of you may know. I am back studying, as well as full time working. Unlike my last course which was mainly test based this course is all online and assignment based. I have never liked assignments, give me a verbal exam any day.
I have two 1500 word assignments due on Monday, and neither of them has reached 500 words long yet, and I really dislike my topics. As you can imagine, I am starting to worry. So I might not be around as much over the next few days as I would like to be.
Actually, scratch that if you see me lurking over the next few days shout at me. I will still be around to post divination classes and will try to reply to one topic each day. But don't expect the latter.

See you around.
Mia :mia:

p.s. If you have any tips on how to focus whilst studying and doing assignments at home, please fire away.

Good luck Mia! I know you can do it.

I have been in this situation myself, and I have a tip that might help you. For me, I get very easily distracted by automatically clicking on hnz/facebook/twitter or other sites. I click on the bookmark out of habit, and then before I know it two hours have passed of me just mindlessly scrolling. What helps for me is to use a chrome extension to block certain sites, you can easily unblock them yourself so it might not work for everyone, but for me it's simply a good way to avoid falling into that trap mindlessly.

Similarly, I have an app on my phone called 'forest', which will keep you off your phone. You can set a certain time and the app will grow a virtual tree, and during that time you can't use your phone for any other app without killing the tree. For me that really works in keeping me from opening my phone without thinking and getting distracted.

Hope that helped!

Good luck with your assignments, Mia. I'm gonna yell and shout that you'll hear it from Australia. xD :wub:

Good luck Mia! I don't have any advice but I hope the words start flowing soon!

I haven't done assignments for a looong time, but if you start with what you know, and write it all down, then you can go back after to flesh it all out.
Good luck Mia!

Ooh I’m in that situation too right now, actually! Good luck with your assignments, you can do this! :)

If you can, like Donna said, once you have your ideas and your information gathered you can just jot down ideas, etc, maybe leave the intro to last until you’ve written out the whole thing (as I have been doing recently and it has actually been helping, somewhat). If you get stuck, take a break, do something else and go back to it when your mind is fresh. I’ve also started to have a word aim for the day, not sure if it will help you but you might feel accomplished if you do so.

I know if I stay there for hours and I’m not in the mood I tend to procrastinate and an entire day is wasted xD Perhaps you could work on it bit by bit as opposed to trying to write it out all at once.

Also, maybe keep a snack with you while you work ^_^

Thanks for your good wishes guys. I think I made more progress this evening after work than I did in about ten hours on Saturday (that was mainly due to quidditch). Thanks for your recommendations.
I downloaded the app that Daph said. and wow. it is absolute magic. though I did accidentally manage to kill a tree even though I am sure I didn't leave the app. and I totally agree with you Clara. procrastinate for two minutes and suddenly three hours are gone.

Update: I got one submitted on Monday, on time :woot: the other one I submitted this evening, which may be two days late but the time was certainly worth it the penalty. :frantics:
the next assignment isn't due for another month.
So i am back for Easter. and for the bonfire willow is hosting this weekend - (shameless plug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back