New Friends

"Dad and I are like best friends because when we go to Fort William, there's basically no other kids around about my age so I always mess about with him in my free time. We used to play quidditch but w don't anymore. What's it like at your home??"

She smiled at Shaylah, but the smile fadded when Shaylah asked about her home life. All she could say was, "Meh, i don't really know what to say."

"So basically it's not much fun over your place." Shaylah smiled at Angela when she saw her stop.

"No it's just not.... well." she didn't want to say it was horrible, but it was.

Shaylah was confused now "Well...??"

"It sucked, my mom was like a kid, though it's not her fault, my sister is now in a detention home, and my father died, it sucked!" she said trying not to get worked up. Childhood wasn't an easy thing for her to tlak about.

"Suddenly my life doesn't sound so bad" Shaylah said sympethetically.

"oh it's okay, no sympathy. I turned out find."

"That just shows you're a fighter. You'd be great in slytherin."

Slytherin... that thought had crossed her mind. Would she fare well there? Seh didn't have much of a spine, so she couldn't do insults like she heard the slytherins do. "Well, what can you do but fight."

"Some people end up whimping out at everything and according to dad most of those go into ravenclaw. They're not very likely to go into gryffindor because that's meant to be for the courageous people even though they basiclly bow dow to slytherins."

"I don't think that's true. i don't wimp out, trust me!" She said with a grin. She didn't usually, she considered herself a fighter. "But I'm more brains then brawn, so i think that i can do Ravenclaw well."

"Oh. That's cool." Shaylah was happy that she found it so easy to make new friends here. In Scotland she hated everyone which was why her dad got her home schooled.

"So why do you pick Slytherin, i've heard they are mean there!"

"I want to follow in my dad's footsteps and he was in slytherin in Hogwarts Scotland. He insisted on me coming here to Hogwarts NZ though." Shaylah smiled at her dad. "He's always been there for me so if I have kids in the future I want to do the same."

Jay jumped up and started grabbing a loads of the papers off the table. "Right now, I have to go to the offce real quick. I'll be back befor you know it." He kissed Shaylah on the cheek and said bye. "It was nice meeting you, Angela." Then he disapperated and was gone.

"Okay then..." Angela said smiling. "That's nice."

"When he says he'll be back befor I know it, he means he'll be back about two 'o' clock in the morning." Shaylah said sitting down. This was the part of her life that she didn't like but she knew that if her dad didn't go to work then he would never be able to keep the food coming into the house.

"I'm sorry, that sucks." Angela said. She hadn't known what that was like, since her mother never really left home, and her dad died when she was young. "So what do you want to do?"

"I don't mind. Anything really. You pick."

"Eh I'm not picky... or better yet, i can't make up my mind. You pick!" She said smiling.

"Shall we take Sasha for a walk. Dad keeps moaning saying I need to."

"Sure, that would be fun." Angela smiled and stood up.

Shaylah stood back up and walked out the room "Sash! Walkies!" As she was about to walk out the house Sasha came thundering down the stairs with a tennis ball in her mouth so Shaylah took the ball and lobbed it in the garden as she was walking back into the woods.

Angela followed, laughing at the adorable dog. She loved animals, and Shaylah was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back