New Friends

"Yeah. There's some in that cupbard there." Jay pointed to the cupboard in the corner

Angela usually didn't have trouble reaching cupboards, but she had to stand on her tip toes to reach the Vanilla. She then began working fast, preheating the oven, humming the Snuggle Bunny song. She sis what her mother had taught her, the old family recipe. She put the things on a platter and stuck them in the oven.

"It's a surprise." She said smiling.

Shaylah was walking down the stairs.
"Something smells good"

Seh brouth out the plate of cookies that smelled of vanilla and chocolate, and even the slightest tip of cinnamon. "These are." She smiled. She had always prided herself on coking well. The old family recipe had once won first prize in a bake off, her mother had been so proud. "Try them, they're good."

Jay saw Angela getting a tray of cookies out of the oven and could smell them. They smelt absolutely amazing.

Angela offered some to Jay. He grabbed one and tried it. "They are fabulous. You are an amazing cook. Really."

"Thanks, it's been in the family for years!" She answered smiling. "you should have on Shaylah!"

"Oh. No thanks. I'm not really that hungry." Shaylah sat down at the table next to her dad.

"Okay," she took a cookie and bit into it. "Not as good as what my mom used to make though."

Angela nodded as he said her mom must be amazing as well. Then he asked why she stopped. "Well she... she's not exactly well..." Angela took another bite and looked away.

she turned back and forced a smile. "Clinically, they think she's an unfit Schizophrenic, but i think that there isn't anything wrong with her except heart break." She smiled and looked at them.

"So what do you do, Jay?"

"I work at the ministry in the regulation and control of magical creatures department" Jay was glad that there had been a change of subject. "What house do you want to be in when you go to hogwarts??"

"Wow you work with magical animals? That must be amazing." She then thought about his question. "Well maybe Ravenclaw or Gryiffindor.

"Yeah. It is pretty cool. It can be hard sometimes though. Lots of work has tobe put in. You have to be very dedicated." Jay heard her say what house she wanted to be in and replied. "Really?? Shaylahsays she wants to be in slytherin like the rest of our family. What do you like about ravenclaw and gryffindor??"

'Slytherin?' she though to herself. "Well Ravenclaw has all the wits, and i consider myself smart. But Gryffindor is nice an dbrave, and i'm both of those."

"That's mean, she's your daughter."

Shaylah walked in the room laughing. "He can't help but tell the truth. After all, I inherited it from him."

"Ouch, no cat fighting, or i will ban the cookies." she said in a fake accent of some sort.

"It's alright we're like this all the time. Makes it more fun." Shaylah went up behind her dad and put her arms around his neck.

Angela smiled atthme. Her family had never been this happy. Her sister was mean, her mom was having problems, her dad was dead. Why was it her that this happened to? Shaylah was so lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back