New Friends

"Haha! Now I see why Shaylah runs away when she breaks something. If I was your mum or dad you'd be in so much trouble by now." Jay picked up his guitar, which he had placed beside him, and started to play a few chords on it.

"My mom and dad, aren't here. My dad isn't among us."

"Oh right. Shaylah has a similar thing. Her mum ran out on us when she was just 3 weeks old. She doesn't usually trust older women anymore. I think she thinks that I'm going to fall in love with someoneand then the two of us are going to split us up. Dunno. Girls are a mystery."

Angela smiled at him, "i'm so sorry for your lose, i understand what it's like." For the first time she made real eye-contact with him.

"It's all right. I got used to it and Shaylah's never really met her mum. Well...not that I know of at least. At first it was hard for me because I had to raise a 3 week old baby by myself which isn't really the sort of thing males are good at. Well at least now I know how my mum felt like when she had to look after me and run a shop at the same time when I was only a toddler."

Shaylah had been walking round the woods for quite a while now. She had a major pile up of impossiblehomework annd she needed her dad's help with it. "Dad!" Then she saw him sat by a river with another girl. She ran over to him and sat down by his side. "I seriously need your help with hmework. It's like so impossible. This is one reason why I hate school. I could right a book on the other reasons-not thatI'm going to. School plus everything else leaves me next to no time to do me stuff. Come on. Come and help me."

Angela looked as a girl came into view. She recognized this girl as the one that had been in the woods with her and Kaoru. Shaylah, she thought her name was. She smiled and said, "Hey, i can help." Angela was a very bright girl. Since she was almost always bound to the house, she read most of her days.

"Yh, sure. See ya dad. You have fun playing guitar on your larry." Shaylah looked at her dad and gave him a cheeky grin.

"What type of homework is it?" Angela asked, standing up.

"History. Most subjects I like and I find quite easy but history I could murder. I mean, why would I want to learn about old guys doing stuff and then dieing a few years later?? My house isn't to far from here so it's only going to be about a five minute walk. I hope you don't mind dogs because I've got a golden retriever."

"Okay, we learn so that we dont make the mistakes again. Like with the depression and stuff, we don't want that to happen agian, do we?" She laughed. "And no, i don't mind dogs, I have one of my own."

"I love my dog. I would say she's the sister I never had but then I'd be saying that if I had a sister she'd be hairy and walk on all fours."

Angela laughed at the comment that Shaylah had made, it was very true. "So where are you in your history text book?" She asked.

"About the middle. The only reason I've got that far is because my dad went out and got me a private tutor. I like my tutor but I don't like the lessons I have with him. Most of the time I just mess about and take the mik out of old guys with beards that think they know everything."

Angela giggled. "That's horrible," she said with a smile.

"Yeah,it is. But when you have lessons like the ones I have you'll se how there's nothing else to do." The two girls got to an opening in the woods which had a huge house in the middle of it. "Here we are." Shaylah whistled and immediatly a golden retriever started running round the side o the house towards the girls. The dog stopped at Shaylah's feet and so she got a treat out of her pocket and gave it to the dog. "This is Sasha"

They came to an opening and Angela smiled as a dog came up from the house. "She's so cute!"

Shaylah carried on towards the house. She got a key out of her pocket and opened the front door with it. Sasha was still following. The three of them walked up the stairs to Shaylah's room. It was a big room with 3 guitars and a piano in. There was also a corner with all of Sasha's stuff in.

"wow, you have a huge room. this is like me and Sky's room combine!"

"Yeah. My dad earns quite alot at work. As I'm the only other person in the house he kind of spoils me. He says he's about to buy me three cats." Shaylah walked over to the CD player and a pink CD started playing.

"Which CD is this?" she asked.

"It's pink's Try this. It's one of my favourite CDs. I know it's odd for someone like me to have CDs and stuff but I love music-always have done always will do. It was drummed in to be at birth and I've just gone along with it." Shaylah sat on her bed "Do you play any instruments??"

"I love Pink. 'Just like a Pill' is my favorite. I play Flute and Ocariina, but i mostly do vocals." She said answering Shaylah's question.

"Guitar, piano and voice for me. But then it's a bit obvious when I have a piano and 3 guitars in my room. I have just like a pill on CD if you'd like me to change it??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back