New Friends

"then jump in, sing along!" She said, "Oh, and thanks, i don't really think so." Seh said.

"I need a guitar to sing. I don't know all the chords to that song but I know most of them. We'd have to go up to my room to get one of my guitars." Shaylah smiled. She wasn't used to singing in front of people. She usually only sang with or to her dad.

"Okay, i wish i had brought my father's guitar. I know a few chords myself." She said with a grin. She had never done a duet.

"It's alright. I've got three of my own and my dad has four so we have plenty." Shaylah smiled and walked up to her bedroom.

She smiled. "So how did you learn to play?" She asked following her.

"My dad got a load of private teachers for me. I've got one for guitar, one for singing and one for piano. He's a bit OTT." Shaylah giggled. She looked at her guitars and picked up her favorite one. "Pick a guitar."

"Wow really, i've only just started learning." Se smiled. "Pick on for me, I'm bad at choosing."

Shaylah held her guitar in one hand and passed Angela on of the other guitars which were on stands against the wall. "That one is more likely to be in tune than the other one." Shaylah sat on the bed and made sure her guitar was tuned up right.

Angela smiled. "Thank you." She said. Seh strummed a few chords, then began playing twinkle twinkle little star, just to wame up.

"They both sound in tune." Shaylah smiled "You got any suggestions for a song??"

"Um, what songs do you know?" She asked. "I can probably experiment with anything."

"I know lots. I've been playing since I was four. What about you??" Shaylah smiled.

"I know a few, but i write my own songs usually." She smiled. "I can always make it up as i go anyways."

"Shall we start with Miley Cyrus-Someday??" Shaylah liked this song. She used to sing it all the time.

"Okay, you wanna start me in?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Shaylah started playing the introduction to the song so Angela could join in.

Angela listened carefully to the introduction, following the notes of the second guitar part. Her aunt had started her off on things like this, which is the only reason she knew it.

Shaylah smiled. "No boy dont call me fiesty i worked to hard for this, no boy no boy can find me easy to resist, but you boy you boy i know some where you exist, yeah im gonna find you someday someday" She sang the first verse of he song.

"I ain't gonna find you running in Rome, Ain't gonna find you staying at home, Ain't gonna find you on the dance floor, Ain't gonna find you there for sure, I'm gonna find you, If I keep living, someday" She smiled and sang next, with Shaylah. She wasn't afraid to sing at all.

Shaylah smiled and stopped playing. "I've never sang with another girl before. Only my dad and my teacher."

"Really?" She asked and stopped also. "Well you are an amazing singer." She said with a grin.

"Yeah. I've never had anyone else to sing with" Shaylah grinned. "Thanks. You are too."

"Well, from now on, you can always sing with me. Okay?" She asked smiling.

Shaylah smiled at Angela. "Thanks. It's great having such a good friend."

"Well, yeah you're right. Skyle was my closet friend, and my only one back home." She said smiling back at Shaylah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back