Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
lesbian
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Hey! November's coming up, and I for one am starting to plan my NaNo novel. Who else is doing NaNo? What are your ideas?

My NaNo idea is based on worldbuilding: a sci-fi world where all the usual sci-fi stuff is powered by magic rather than pseudoscientific technobabble. The main characters will be a band of space pirates, who get commissioned to do a heist, which turns out to be a conspiracy . . .

So . . . now it's actually close to November . . . is anyone else doing NaNo?

I've been considering it very low key, but probably not :( I haven't really been able to sit down in November and write a lot for the past two years.

Update: it took me less than 5 minutes after her posting this to change Daph's mind and now we're co-writing a story :p

Hahaha!! What's it going to be about?

Jasmine your story sounds amazing =))

I'm probably gonna take part but apparently I'm pantsing because I still have no idea what to write haha

We're just doing a non-magical au with some of our HNZ characters, it'll be fun to explore some plot ideas we've had in the past but never been able to do in the site because they would interfere with other plots already in progress xD

Niice :D

I've been desperately trying to plot something coherent over the last two days =)) I thiiink I'm getting somewhere which is nice!! I'm also including HNZ characters in a non-magical setting!

How's everyone getting on with day 1?? :p

I'm probably going to hit 3k words later tonight. Trying to get ahead hahaha

True, but I havent started day 2 writing yet :p (The thing Daph didn't mention is our word count is about 75% her cos she's great)

True, but I havent started day 2 writing yet :p (The thing Daph didn't mention is our word count is about 75% her cos she's great)
It's closer to 60% shh

We're also going to still go for 50k for now even though we're writing together, I don't care if that's cheating :p

Well dang guys you have me beat XD I've been debating joining the NaNo for a while I just always get distracted. I know what I would do though, if that helps

You should give it a try! It's still day one where you are, there's plenty of time :) The worst that can happen is you have the beginning of a story written, and it's writing you might not have done otherwise! Word count aside it's a great excuse to push yourself into starting things that've been in the back of your mind for ages!

I used to be a Municipal Liason pep talks are my jam

It's more.... Restarting for me. I finished the first of a trilogy then kept redoing it. I'm probably redoing it yet again because the whole thing sucks

Wow, Claire, that's impressive. I hit 1,900 words yesterday, so I'm little bit ahead but not much. But I went to a write-in, so honestly I'm impressed I made wordcount at all (write-ins are fantastic for talking about writing, but not so much for actually doing it). But I wrote a heist scene, which was a lot of fun.

Jessica: go for it! NaNo is really fun, and a great way to motivate yourself to write more. You may not be happy with all the words you write (I usually do a lot of editing after NaNo), but you have words you didn't before :D

I dunno, maybe if I had someone that would read it. I know I'm too hard on myself but I don't have anyone who'd give me feedback through the whole thing. I wanna publish but I'm too chicken to do it alone.

You could ask around on the NaNo forums if anyone would like to do a novel swap and give each other feedback after the month is over? I've done that with the local group in the past (we printed out our novels and wrote each other notes) and it was really valuable to get that feedback!

Nice going, Jasmine!!

And yaas, you should write, Jess!! I've written so many stories that I've never shown to anyone, because I know they're not up to the standard I want them to be. But it's only through writing a lot of stuff you're not proud of that you improve!! And I'm sure it's great anyway and you're being too hard on yourself. I love your RP writing style, and RPing (to me) is harder than writing a story alone haha!! I second what Rowan said about a swap :D

I squeaked over the target for day one with 1699. I'm using Austin as MC and just pantsing the whole thing.

Right now, I'm on track and writing the fifth book in my series (not that any others are complete) but the prequel to everything. It is mainly for me so that I understand my own universe and their laws.
Yaas I actually did this once as well, it really helps!!

I squeaked over the target for day one with 1699. I'm using Austin as MC and just pantsing the whole thing.
YES DAN :woot: good job!! You can do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back