Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
The political side of HNZ is about to heat up! :emzies:

Having been in charge for nearly a decade, Cameron Kingsley's time as Minister for Magic is nearing its end. With that in mind, it's time to see who will step up, ready, willing, and capable of leading NZ's wizarding community for another (IC) decade. :o

What will this plot include?

Finding candidates!
Debates! Campaigns! Scandals? Oh my.
Daily Prophet Coverage!
An election leading to...a new Minister!

There are many ways for your characters to be involved- reading the paper and commenting on the action, attending a campaign event to back or jeer a candidate , running as a candidate, and so much more!

More information and plots will be unveiled in the main line of this plot (and added to the calendar) as time passes.
We've got some great fun in store for the debates and how they'll be run, and how you can be involved even if your character isn't running.

In the very, very near future, the application to be considered as a candidate will be launched. Please stay tuned for that, but by all means, get started enjoying what is set to be a very fun IC year outside of the school. But remember, the plot will only be as good as you make it, so get involved and stay involved! ;) ^_^

Can't wait to see the RPs!

Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)

Tristan's brewing an aging potion to join as we speak :r

Hahah but seriously, this seems so exciting! I can't wait to see where this goes!

Very excited about this :woot:

Agatha the Hag 4 Minister

I said soon. :p . With it already being IC February, we'd like to get this rolling. Please read the following carefully if interested.

Minister for Magic Candidacy Applications are ready!

Just [member][Click Here][/url][member] to begin the application!
Some things to keep in mind when filling out the application are that:
- Candidates must be at least over the age of majority (17 years of age) to run. However, older is recommended.
- Students do not have permission to apply. Applications submitted by student accounts will not be received. (Literally. They will never show up.)
- Candidates must be law-abiding citizens in New Zealand's wizarding society. (You can apply if not, and may even be accepted, but you will eventually be discovered by aurors.)
- Several candidates will be approved. If you apply, you should be devoted to having your character be an active participant in this process. Please see the first post for an idea of what you'll be expected to be involved in.
- Candidates should have some sort of political background.

We wish you the best of luck! Any questions/concerns can be posted here. :)

Just a few extra notes:
- Any users interested in having their character run are welcome and encouraged to apply. :)
- We don't have a particular number of candidates in mind, though it's likely to be a similar amount to the last campaign.

And, as I've said, it's not the admin selecting who ends up being minister in the end. :) It's characters controlled by members. So it's a campaign for real. And it should be great fun if people participate in all aspects or the plot.

We look forward to reviewing your applications! Best of luck!

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)

I'll just put away my JC4MM hashtag then. :r

I would just like to say as someone who was involved last time, this was a lot of fun! I'd only created Carter not long before all of this and I hadn't developed much of a background for him. This campaign changed so much of how Carter was originally supposed to be and I immensely enjoyed every moment of it. I strongly encourage anyone who is interested to please apply. If you are chosen and even if you don't win, you'll have so much fun in the group ups and everything, I swear it's the most fun I'd had on HNZ in ages! Group rps are always fun, but even more fun are the group rps with a meaning and you'll rp with people you never would otherwise, it forces you to think about how your character would respond on a public stage.

Being involved in any way is amazing, you gain such an experience (and working with the admin is a hoot!) I look forward to seeing everyone who applies. I'm rooting for all of you!

Applications will be closing by the end of the week. To date, we have not received many applications. :( We are hoping to make this a fun campaign season, but we need your help and involvement in order to make that happen. This is a site wide plot, and this is your opportunity to play a bigger role in site plots. We hope that you'll consider applying.

Please apply! There should be applicants of all kinds. :p
Come on, don't make me beg?!

Okay, I will!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

=))

Okay, I'm done!!

Honestly, you won't regret it! It's a tonne of fun and there are all sorts of rps you can get involved in!

You can learn along the way Claire!!!! Do itttttt

Buuuutt- I wouldn't want to do it if I couldn't dedicate time to that character!
It does look like a ton of fun, I'm just torn ahah

That's my problem. I'm awful with politics, and I don't really have viable characters. They're all too young or already have responsibilities :(
I'm way looking forward to the threads though

Doesn't know anything about politics. :r

Just think as if you were running for a typical hs one. =)) Maybe look up the last election cycle on HNZ?

I may have been convinced :r

Reminder: Two days to submit an application to be considered for a candidate position. Apps will close on Friday night EST.

Last call: This app will be closing in just about 24 hours. We encourage you to give it a try! This is a fun opportunity to play a very different role on the site and one that isn't always readily available to have a chance to roleplay. :)

Hey team!

Just a note from Cydni, we will be extending this for another 12 hours due to the site being down today ^_^

Thank you to everyone who applied. You'll be hearing from us soonish, and we look forward to seeing how the election plays out. Stay tuned!

Now the moment you've been waiting for, your candidates HNZ!

First we have Carter Kaster. Next up we have Dymetris Kozlov. After that we have Alexander Cade. Then we have Ioan Finch. After that we have Cat Tennon. After her, we have Claudia Holland. And last but by no means least, Metrophanes Matthias.

Those are your candidates! Over the next few days/weeks you can expect deeper dives into each of these people's policies, perhaps their histories too, from the folks over at the Daily Prophet, and the candidates will surely begin their campaigns soon. So get ready for election topics, coverage, and debates... get your questions ready for these guys too. Let's make this a great election cycle!

But first before all that, join me in wishing the candidates congratulations on their nomination and the best of luck in this election!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back