Open LGBTQ+ Pride 2049

Shane was managing with the girl who kept moving, it seemed she had taken on what he had said but not the ability to stay still. The teen nodded, ”Almost,” he replied as he tilted her head up slightly and got the last colour of paint to the girl’s face. He looked towards the other girl just as he finished up and gave a slightly forced friendly smile. ”Okay, you are good.” he said to the girl with a now full face of paint before turning to the next and forcing a smile to the other girl, ”You next?” he said before looking around the room, ”In terms of other flags, the one on my cheek is the bisexual flag, the one that the girl at the book store has is the pansexual flag, the lesbian flag is a mixture of pinks, the transgender flag is blue, pink and white and the asexual flag is grey, purple, black and white,” he couldn’t spot any of those flags about the room but he also wasn’t looking all that hard for them. He knew it could be a lot to learn if they didn’t know anything about it and while most of the time Shane would shy away from talking to people like this, he was relatively happy to answer their questions about this subject matter, though he knew he was no expert, he would try his best.

Vader waited for her to be ready and then took the picture, holding up the camera for a few seconds to capture the movement properly. Before lowering the camera, he adjusted a few of the settings of the camera and glanced towards the leaflets nearby. He couldn’t entertain any of it. Not for him. He had no choice, he couldn’t. He didn’t need the extra stress that it would probably bring on to him, if people had used those words in such a negative fashion towards him before what would be to stop them from doing it again, and if it was right, that would only worsen their attitude. But he wasn’t, he couldn’t be. Vader forced himself to look back up and smiled as much as he could. ”Thanks Rose. It should be good in a few days if you want a copy of it,” Vader told her, he would have time to develop some of these pictures even with everything else going on. ”I’ll eh leave you to it, plenty more for me to go capture,” the gryffindor said giving a little wave and beginning to walk away his next picture already in mind.

Rose posed for the pictures and didn't miss the glance Vader shot the pamphlets on the table. But she didn't know if saying anything encouraging to him would help or just scare him. "Don't rush it, I'll pick them up whenever you have time." She said in response to his words. She wanted to say more, to ask him if he was doing okay, but Vader left to take more pictures. Rose watched him go with a small frown on her face, wondering if she should have insisted on talking to him. But they didn't know each other that well. Would she really have been able to say anything good?

Aonghas grinned easily at her, he was sure she knew it wasn’t a romantic gesture, he liked Lauren but he knew that nothing was ever likely to happen between them, entirely because of his family. He nodded as he grabbed some paper and a pencil and then nodded at her suggestion, ”Aye alright, be sure tae get the kilt in,” he told her with a wide smile, smooth done the pride tartan kilt with his hand. He thought that tradition in his country was a little over done, but he liked this kilt and it’s shading a lot. He began to draw her and then shrugged, ”Aye ah bit, no much but wae the work ma parents do it wis important ah could draw at least a little,” He didn’t mind if she couldn’t draw, they didn’t need to be good, they were just having fun. ”If ye make me entirely square, ah willnae mind. Ye draw how ye want tae,” Aonghas gave her a warm smile. He wouldn’t said more when Lars greeted them both, and Aonghas gave a friendly smile to the other boy, ”Hey Lars, ye want tae join us? We’re just drawin’ each other?” Aonghas offered with a warm expression, ”Dae ye know Lauren? She’s in hufflepuff wae me,” he wasn’t sure if they knew each other but it didn’t matter, he shifted in his seat creating the space for Lars to join them if he wanted to.

Charlie grinned, relieved to fall into easy, comfortable banter with her girlfriend. "Pay you in kisses." She teased back, giving Phoebe's cheek a quick kiss before ducking down to try and get at one of the straws in the ridiculous drink, dodging around Phoebe's hand. She didn't even really want the drink all that much, but it was fun to mess with the Ravenclaw, and there was a glimmer of humour in Charlie's eye as she tried to sneak a sip of Phoebe's drink.

It was beyond a shadow of a doubt that Pride was one of Acacia's favourite times of year, and it only seemed to feel more and more special every year. Just stepping into the room made Acacia feel special, feel... welcome and wanted, in a way that often felt it was missing from her life. After taking some time to just look around the stands she wandered over to the flower crowns, beaming at the sight of her friend over at the stand. "Maze, hey!" Acacia said cheerfully, giving the Gryffindor a bright smile. "It's been ages, babe, how have you been?" She asked, looking over the flower crowns. It didn't take Acacia long to find one in the colours of the lesbian flag, and she settled it carefully around the large bun she had tied her braids into that morning.

@Mazikeen Roe

Lauren was glad to have a bit of fun. And Aonghas just made her laugh, it was kind of funny to picture a kilt, she was wondering if it was actually worn by him. She could just not picture it or be serious. '' You really wear a kilt at home?'' Lauren than asked with a frown and smiled for a moment. She didn't want to offend him, but it was funny. It didn't mattered him how she draw him and Lauren just felt very glad so. She always had been given instructions and never freedom by her parents and being here on Hogwarts ofcourse there were rules, but she felt more free than ever. '' I'll find something that works.'' Lauren than said and stick out her tongue. She was so ready to draw Aonghas.

Than another boy joined them and Lauren looked up it seemed like Aonghas knew him, but Lauren only had seen him in classes. And when she was in classes she never really pay attention to the lesson. '' Hi Lars. Here I am Lauren yes from Hufflepuff. I had a cousin in Ravenclaw she is graduating now.'' Lauren knew smart people were placed there. But Gabriella wasn't, but those were just stereotypes she figured. Her father and mother had been in Slytherin too, and she wasn't. Ofcourse she wasn't. But now Lauren didn't mind, She felt good in Hufflepuff. But her parents thought differently. But ofcourse she was always different and this was evidence again of that. '' I can't draw. But I'll try. Can you draw?'' Lauren than asked Lars. She wanted to meet more people and was glad he joined them. But hoped he was a bit of a fun person too.

@Aonghas Fergusson @Lars van Houten

If Lars had been paying attention and seen there was a girl here that he didn't know, he probably wouldn't have approached. He smiled awkwardly as Aonghas said they had been drawing each other. That seemed like something that only needed tow people. "Oh, uh... if you don't mind." He mumbled. "I don't know her... but hi..." He said softly. "I don't have any family in Hufflepuff." He felt a bit awkward too when the girl asked if he could draw. He could draw fairly well, but it felt strange to say. "A little." He mumbled. "But... I don't want to interrupt you guys."

Abian smiled back at the boy, encouraged by his smile. He enjoyed meeting new people, and this boy seemed nice even if he was a bit shy too. It made Abian want to help him feel more at ease. He nodded when the boy told him he should pick up a flower crown. It wasn't really his usual style, but it would be a good day to wear one. "I'll do that. Did you see they have scarves and stuff like that too?" He said, gesturing to the table. Mark confirmed he was a first year, and Abian resisted the urge to immediately ask him if he knew his sister. They were probably in classes together, but he knew it would annoy Aisa if he was asking about her with her classmates. "I'm a third year. Hufflepuff." He said with a grin.

Lillian was a little confused by Monty’s abrupt exit; clearly something was going on that she’d walked in on the end of, but she couldn’t quite figure out what. She gave Kahurangi an apologetic smile, painfully aware that whatever it was that had happened, she’d joined the group at precisely the wrong time. Of course, her knowledge of the fact did nothing to help her own social anxieties. Lillian wanted to ask Kahurangi what had happened, but not in front of Kalif - or probably in public at all. “Nice to see you too,” she said lamely instead. “How are you doing?”

Last year’s Pride had been full of mixed feelings for Stella, unable to get her fight with Zoe out of her mind. This year, everything had changed again. Things weren’t fully mended between them; maybe they never would be, but where there had once been only hurt there was hope now. She had her best friend back, and the stony silence was gone, and healing the rift they’d created between them would take time, but things were better between them now than they had been all year, and Stella believed they would get better.

Pride this year would be an excellent opportunity to get the stress of exams out of her mind, and Stella badly needed to do that. She paused at the entrance and looked around; the colours vibrant as always, the crowd of people. The table of knitwear looked appealing, though it seemed to be surrounded by professors at the moment. But of course the first thing Stella needed was a flower crown. She gravitated towards that table and paused there for a while, taking in all the pretty flowers before picking one out in the pansexual pride colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back